Guns N' Roses OCT 29th 2011 - Miami, Florida, USA @ AmericanAirlines Arena UPDATE thread

Guest Gunns

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have one doubt... All are saying that Rocket Queen wasn't played tonight... Even the setlist I found was without Rocket Queen on it... But in Guns N Roses facebook page appears this pic with the message: "Here I am. ROCKET QUEEN #MiamiRoses"

302688_10150377958413069_10901008068_8258986_1109473450_n.jpg

So they played Rocket Queen... My question is: When? :rofl-lol:

And it seems that Eddie is still wating...

Eddie Trunk

Almost 4A. VH1 still having us wait with full crew to see if Axl actually shows.... Everyone here wiped but my producer not packing it in..

Edited by DayFantasy

Sorry guys on the feed, my battery ran down before the show started. There was a bit of a wait and I some texting to take care of. I'll be ready in Houston.

Ok, so I saw them 3 times last year and this was 10x better, let me say that again, 10x better.

I think that may have been best Estranged I've ever heard, ever. DJ nailed his solo perfectly and Ron did superb as usual.

The big story of the night was Axl Rose. His voice was incredible. He held notes I've not seen him hold for sometime. Mickey Mouse appeared only briefly in YCBM, and even then it was a nice falsetto not like the out of breath Rio mess. I was pretty down after watching Rio (like many others I'm sure), but this revived my faith fantastically. The whole production was just real smooth. All the members were on super point, and Axl was in rare spirits it seemed. Lots of crowd interaction and smiles. He did the back and forth road block maneuver on DJ twice (like he did on the mic stand man in '92 Tokyo) and was pointing to and talking about people in the crowd (in a good way). Every fucking moment was awesome.

The wait was not as bad as it may have seemed. It was 2 hours yes, but the boos were short lived and not anything as bad as a bad basketball call. There were 3 times people started booing but it didn't come as bad as Ed Trunk insinuated.

So, to sum up it was amazing. I know of no rock band on the planet that could touch this. Save for some retarded crowd control and a few idiots, it was one incredible night. I look forward to next week in Houston and Dallas, hope to see some friends there.

**Rocket Queen was played.

**Arena was pretty full at one point. A fair amount left before it was over though, fucking butt munches...

Edited by arm breaker

Sorry guys on the feed, my battery ran down before the show started. There was a bit of a wait and I some texting to take care of. I'll be ready in Houston.

Ok, so I saw them 3 times last year and this was 10x better, let me say that again, 10x better.

I think that may have been best Estranged I've ever heard, ever. DJ nailed his solo perfectly and Ron did superb as usual.

The big story of the night was Axl Rose. His voice was incredible. He held notes I've not seen him hold for sometime. Mickey Mouse appeared only briefly in YCBM, and even then it was a nice falsetto not like the out of breath Rio mess. I was pretty down after watching Rio (like many others I'm sure), but this revived my faith fantastically. The whole production was just real smooth. All the members were on super point, and Axl was in rare spirits it seemed. Lots of crowd interaction and smiles. He did the back and forth road block maneuver on DJ twice (like he did on the mic stand man in '92 Tokyo) and was pointing to and talking about people in the crowd (in a good way). Every fucking moment was awesome.

The wait was not as bad as it may have seemed. It was 2 hours yes, but the boos were short lived and not anything as bad as a bad basketball call. There were 3 times people started booing but it didn't come as bad as Ed Trunk insinuated.

So, to sum up it was amazing. I know of no rock band on the planet that could touch this. Save for some retarded crowd control and a few idiots, it was one incredible night. I look forward to next week in Houston and Dallas, hope to see some friends there.

**Arena was pretty full at one point. A fair amount left before it was over though, fucking butt munches...

glad you had a good time, how did shacklers sound?

Edited by gunns5

Rocket Queen was played pretty early in the set. Axl's voice surprised me at how good it is. I said it last night but Fortus is a beast.

Yeah man Fortus deserves more credit. He played some awesome shit tonight and seemed a bit more adventurous than usual.

glad you had a good time, how did shacklers sound?

Best Shacklers ever, I stand behind that 100%. Saw three of em last year and they were low points in those sets. He slowed down the "I don't believe there's a reason" part and it sounded way cool.

SO nice to hear all that about tonight! And about RQ :) It was weird that wasn't played...

I'm really happy... Every show they are better than the last one... I wish they keep it like this.. and the last shows of the tour are gonna be insane!!!

Haven't seen Axl play since new years eve at Joe Robbie Stadium 20 some years ago, and tonight he picked up right where he left off. FUCKING EPIC SHOW. Voice was in razor n honey shape. Crowd was busting at the seams. Axl was all smiles. They knocked it right out of the fucking ballpark with this show. Was expecting the worst after Rio but I guess it can be hit or miss at this age for him....Tonight was hit,hit,hit! rock3

Glad to see people had a good time.

I've been watching some gnrontour.com shows so I hope the transition will be smooth when I watch footage from tonight's concert. I know it won't be as good, but according to the comments in this thread it sounds like his voice is getting better.

Looking forward to the footage.

Edited by SWINGTRADER

Haven't seen Axl play since new years eve at Joe Robbie Stadium 20 some years ago, and tonight he picked up right where he left off. FUCKING EPIC SHOW. Voice was in razor n honey shape. Crowd was busting at the seams. Axl was all smiles. They knocked it right out of the fucking ballpark with this show. Was expecting the worst after Rio but I guess it can be hit or miss at this age for him....Tonight was hit,hit,hit! rock3

sounds like you had a great time, glad to see the band are kicking ass

And by the way, This I Love was UNREAL!

And by the way, This I Love was UNREAL!

Yeah it was, damn surprised at how well he nailed it. It's gotta be a tough one to sing.

Glad to see people had a good time.

I've been watching some gnrontour.com shows so I hope the transition will be smooth when I watch footage from tonight's concert. I know it won't be as good, but according to the comments in this thread it sounds like his voice is getting better.

Looking forward to the footage.

You know I used to visit that site but does anyone know why it's not being updated anymore?

The fuck is with the goodnight vid, 90% of the crowd left or wasn't there at all, I got no clue

It was close to 3 am and people had started trickling out since nightrain...the place was packed for most of the show.