Does anybody else think there’s truth to MSL’s claims of Tommy’s alcoholism?

Guest NGOG

Thanks again, Coma.

To stay on topic, I've noticed Tommy looking decidedly worse as well, but he might just be showing his age for all I know (combined with the stress of touring or whatever).

I think there's nothing wrong with fans showing concern, though. It might give him somthing to think about (should he really have a problem), before he finds himself in the hospital with an exploded pancreas :tongue2:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple thoughts:

A- I want my rock stars (although I use that term loosely with Tommy Stinson) to party asses off. I don't want to read about the sobriety they found, the nutritionist, the massage therapist, the yoga instructor they have on tour with them. Or how they love lattes now.

B-As Sinatra said "I feel sorry for people who don't drink...when they wake up in AM that is the best they will feel all day".

C- Stinson comes from a major party background (Replacements) and his bro died basically from alcoholism...so I'm sure Tommy keeps it under control. Partys on tour, maybe chills on off time, who knows....

See more on Bob Stinson-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Stinson

Back in the 02 mark 1 version of the "nu-gnr", I thought Tommy was far and away the best new member of the band. The coolest and most "GnR" of the lot. Hope he's just partying and it isn't a problem. Hope they aren't falling into the same trap as the old band and getting overly drunk to the point of a problem while waiting for Axl. Remember, the old band looked like get were having a good time onstage, too

waiting for axl to show up makes everyone around him alcoholic, dat damn 2 hours of wait, have to drink.

Bullshit. Sure have a couple, maybe smoke a joint, but get a fuckin Xbox or something. If you have a problem you'll find an excuse. Nvm I'm getting philosophical, I'm done in here

Edited by GnRDuff1

waiting for axl to show up makes everyone around him alcoholic, dat damn 2 hours of wait, have to drink.

Bullshit. Sure have a couple, maybe smoke a joint, but get a fuckin Xbox or something. If you have a problem you'll find an excuse. Nvm I'm getting philosophical, I'm done in here

that was my point also :D

Ooooh okay. Missed the inflexion, with the typing and everything. At first I thought you meant turns people into alcoholics, not exposes them.

Ooooh okay. Missed the inflexion, with the typing and everything. At first I thought you meant turns people into alcoholics, not exposes them.

:) drunk myself here, and my english is what it is. But yeah, it`s not that it`s axl`s fault if someone has a problem. Though I blame him my alcoholism, I waited CD since 98.

A fan of GUNS N' ROSES is questioning someone in the band's drinking habits?

:rofl-lol:

Who cares anyway? It's his own business.

This.

Their personal lives are their business.

Tommy seems to be getting smashed at every opportunity.

Man you start some bullshit topics.

OH.... and this too.

I'd be worried if Tommy or any band member were always sober!

Let him drink, mother goose and him are the heavy hitters, let em enjoy it

Edited by gunns5

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

I don’t have an issue with enjoying thyself on tour (be that a few drinks on a more regular basis); but Tommy’s say overindulgence worries me (he’s a middle aged man with a family and a brother who died as a result of such behaviour).

a man was drunk on his birthday? no way...........

This type of Tommy has not been specific to the particular example.

dude this is rock n roll....

Rock N’ Roll is music; the phoney baggage (coke, alcohol, premature death as a fashion statement etc.) doesn’t apply anymore.

Edited by NewGNRnOldGNR

I'd be really disappointed if he was. IT'S ROCK N ROLL blah blah blah, but don't you care about the health of the bassist of your favorite band?

How would any of us know the real truth? We have no way of REALLY knowing so seems like a non-issue to me. :shrugs: