AFTER-SHOW PASSES???? Gn'R ATLANTA, GA

ufc78

I went backstage once in Birmingham, UK. I met Del, DJ, and Ron. Many of the people backstage were guests of Ron and they were young guys that appeared to be in high school or college age. They were all nice and showed appeciation to the fans by taking pictures with them, telling stories, and signing autographs. Nothing wild or too crazy.

I don't think Axl attends these events as I believe that he often arrives separately from the band with Beta and family and probably leaves as soon as the show is over. He did on this night - he flew back to London. Perhaps to spend more time with Duff, get some sleep, or go out on the town with some of the UK's hottest model chicks.

I was glad to have had the opporutnity to meet some of the guys in the band and they're all professionals. There were a few wannabe groupie-type girls backstage that thought it was 1986, but this band doesn't seem to roll that way, nor do most well-known touring bands today.

Since I'm an American fan who has refused to miss the opportunity to see my favorite band live in recent years, I've had to travel to see them play. On two occasions (Halifax and Calgary), they were staying in my hotel. I would see some of the guys in the hotel bar or lobby although I think I only spoke to Frank in this situation because he was just standing around and didnt seem to be busy talking to anyone else. I told him I was a fan and had traveled in town for the show. He was a nice guy and asked me what I had thought of other shows that I had been to.

It's no wonder why Axl likes these guys. It's really a good group of people.. If you have the opporutnity to go backstage and meet some of them, I suggest you go.

I am curious about the Atlanta backstage after party because a friend of mine went and she said there were several fans back at the after show there who acted really silly and nutty. I never know if what she tells is accurate or not and I wanted to know from somebody else who went backstage after the Atlanta concert?

at last year's gig in Zagreb, I got mine from Fernando during the show ... and I got to meet Del, Ron, Dj and Richard. I was hoping MotherGoose would show up, but he didn't :shrugs: and apart from me and group of 5 (my friends), there weren't many other people ... it was quite laid back and cool... we got pics, autographs ... chatting with the band, nothing wild or unusual... Axl wasn't there, I think he doesn't attend these things with the rest of the band...

at last year's gig in Zagreb, I got mine from Fernando during the show ... and I got to meet Del, Ron, Dj and Richard. I was hoping MotherGoose would show up, but he didn't :shrugs: and apart from me and group of 5 (my friends), there weren't many other people ... it was quite laid back and cool... we got pics, autographs ... chatting with the band, nothing wild or unusual... Axl wasn't there, I think he doesn't attend these things with the rest of the band...

Fernando just gave them to you or you knew him from the forum?

I was lucky enough, I guess. He was helping the security dealing water bottles to the people in front (it was boiling hot inside the arena that evening, I saw at least 10 ppl around me (mostly girls) taken out from the pit by the medics), I recognized him, said hi and ask him for a bottle myself... got it, my friends got it, we exchanged a few words... and he returned a song or two later with after-show passes for me and my friends. It was the gig when Ron was celebrating his B-day :xmassrudolph:

I was lucky enough, I guess. He was helping the security dealing water bottles to the people in front (it was boiling hot inside the arena that evening, I saw at least 10 ppl around me (mostly girls) taken out from the pit by the medics), I recognized him, said hi and ask him for a bottle myself... got it, my friends got it, we exchanged a few words... and he returned a song or two later with after-show passes for me and my friends. It was the gig when Ron was celebrating his B-day :xmassrudolph:

I guess nobody attended the Atlanta aftershow? :shrugs:

pimpster: I guess not a single board member attended the after-show party in Atlanta. :question: I want to know so badly how I went. My friend claimed she went but she lies so often that I do not believe she went backstage after the show. She said there were some fans at the aftershow in Atlanta that went a bit wacky when the band went back there with them. :rofl-lol:

pimpster: I guess not a single board member attended the after-show party in Atlanta. :question: I want to know so badly how I went. My friend claimed she went but she lies so often that I do not believe she went backstage after the show. She said there were some fans at the aftershow in Atlanta that went a bit wacky when the band went back there with them. :rofl-lol:

ASk her what time she went home

Ron posted that he was on a bus to Houston just a few hours after the show. It is a 26 hour drive from GA to TX. I lived in Texas. My guess is there was no after-show in Atlanta. :(

Sorry.

But, I could be wrong. It happened once before. Lmao!

P.S. The show was over at 1:45am and I walked back to my hotel about 5 blocks away, I got in at about 3. These guys that I met at the concert stopped and ate on their way back to the hotel, and they got in at 4. My guess? Your friend stopped and ate on the way back.