EDDIE TRUNK & SOME AXL AUDIO CLIPS LIVE TONIGHT

jimmyfos

Maybe that is exactly why. He wanted to do his best but felt he was too tired and want people to know that.

Good point. Realistically though, how far did the late start inhibit Trunk’s interview “prowess”? That Metal Show is generally simplistic so far as questions. There’s a prepped set and little press upon certain aspects of certain questions, but that’s about it.

Trunk is, whether inadvertently, getting a little whiny. He should focus on the fact the interview happened at all.

He was basically doing the interview on no sleep. He got to Miami, saw the GNR show, then waited for Axl for several hours and said by the time all that was done they had to leave immediately to catch their flight. Combine lack of sleep with jet lag and not really being able to sit still all day and I can understand what he's saying. I think he was more-so just emphasizing how crazy the entire day was overall.

I can't bash the guy, personally, because he did what no one else could do and got an interview with Axl. Props to him for it.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Staying up late isn't like a death-defying stunt. For those of you who've actually stayed up beyond 24 hours, sometimes your mind can reach this weird heightened level of focus, even if you feel discombobulated and fatigued. Even without uppers, mind you.

I can't wait for this interview, although I do wish we could just hear the full unedited version of it, even if they're just bullshitting about dolphins and Axl-brand sneakers. ; )

Maybe that is exactly why. He wanted to do his best but felt he was too tired and want people to know that.

Good point. Realistically though, how far did the late start inhibit Trunk’s interview “prowess”? That Metal Show is generally simplistic so far as questions. There’s a prepped set and little press upon certain aspects of certain questions, but that’s about it.

Trunk is, whether inadvertently, getting a little whiny. He should focus on the fact the interview happened at all.

I don't think his complaining was that bad, he seemed really positive about it and specifically said he didn't want to complain about that.

Also I think you are underestimating what it takes to do the show. They don't really do Q&A:s. I think you know yourself that when you are really tired it is hard to keep a good and witty conversation with good timing going. I even thought you could hear that on Eddie during the clip.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

He was basically doing the interview on no sleep. He got to Miami, saw the GNR show, then waited for Axl for several hours and said by the time all that was done they had to leave immediately to catch their flight. Combine lack of sleep with jet lag and not really being able to sit still all day and I can understand what he's saying. I think he was more-so just emphasizing how crazy the entire day was overall.

I can’t see how Axl’s participation wouldn’t invigorate them; but OK point accepted.

I don't think his complaining was that bad, he seemed really positive about it and specifically said he didn't want to complain about that.

Also I think you are underestimating what it takes to do the show. They don't really do Q&A:s. I think you know yourself that when you are really tired it is hard to keep a good and witty conversation with good timing going. I even thought you could hear that on Eddie during the clip.

You’re right; in hindsight Trunk’s sentiments are more about a potential under par performance on his part rather than resentment at Axl’s conduct.

OK; but again I would question how engaging with the Axl Rose wouldn’t invigorate a so called metal enthusiast?

Hopefully they were smart enough to knock back a Monster before the interview!

Very cool to hear a sneak preview, I can't wait to hear and see this full thing. Man, it's always so cool to hear from Axl. Wish he'd do more interviews, but we take what we can get. Good stuff!

Has anyone commented that the official Metal Show commercial for the Axl episode has starting airing on VH1 Classic? He says something along the lines of "everyone thinks I'm always suing everybody, but really I'm the one always getting sued"

can you upload the commercial to YouTube

Has anyone commented that the official Metal Show commercial for the Axl episode has starting airing on VH1 Classic? He says something along the lines of "everyone thinks I'm always suing everybody, but really I'm the one always getting sued"

can you upload the commercial to YouTube

I didn't record it man, I saw it while I was at work . Thats why I don't have an exact quote from every single word. Sorry, he had another quote about the old band and something about not feeling the need to comment on it for like 20 years. Something like that, but again I couldn't be sure about that last quote.

I dig Eddie Trunk and the TMS crew. Trunk is a diehard metal/rock fan first and foremost. He treats the artists with respect. He doesn't avoid controversial topics, nor does he go overboard in followup questions if the artist clearly doesn't want to go there. He basically lets the artist say what they have to say and moves on. There are times when I wish he'd be a little tougher in that regard, but at least he asks the tough questions. He clearly takes what he does very seriously and I think he's bracing his viewers not to expect him at his best when it comes to this interview due to the time issue.