GNR Soundchecks

Birk

So has anyone been able to see what time they have been doing soundchecks at the venues for these recent shows? I really would like to try and catch the band before the show instead of trying to wait for them in the freezing cold at 2am? Also do you think axl is even at the soundchecks? Any info would help, i have the whole day off and would love to even meet the band with my son, just think the odds of meeting axl are very slim.

So has anyone been able to see what time they have been doing soundchecks at the venues for these recent shows? I really would like to try and catch the band before the show instead of trying to wait for them in the freezing cold at 2am? Also do you think axl is even at the soundchecks? Any info would help, i have the whole day off and would love to even meet the band with my son, just think the odds of meeting axl are very slim.

curious....how old is your son?

always a question...how young is too young.

Axl will DEFINITELY not be there. I have never once heard of him being at a sound check. I would guess that they probably soundcheck between noon and two or three. Your best bet might be the hotel, as many venues don't have easily public-accessible entrances and the band can get driven straight inside without seeing folks waiting. Good luck!!

Axl will DEFINITELY not be there. I have never once heard of him being at a sound check. I would guess that they probably soundcheck between noon and two or three. Your best bet might be the hotel, as many venues don't have easily public-accessible entrances and the band can get driven straight inside without seeing folks waiting. Good luck!!

My son is 3yrs old, and hes not going to the show i was gonna cruise by the venue around 2pm with him and see if i can get some pics, and i figured Axl wouldnt be at soundcheck, i just wanna meet axl, dont care to much about meeting DJ, Bumble would be cool, but im there for axl, maybe a hotel after the show or something

My son is 3yrs old, and hes not going to the show i was gonna cruise by the venue around 2pm with him and see if i can get some pics, and i figured Axl wouldnt be at soundcheck, i just wanna meet axl, dont care to much about meeting DJ, Bumble would be cool, but im there for axl, maybe a hotel after the show or something

I would take a kid there, but it would be more about how much work it takes to put the show together, and all these guys just don't go up on stage with instant talent, it takes years and years to get good. I wouldn't care so much about Axl as much as seeing if it would impress the kid. I mean, if there's a small group of people hanging out there, I would just make it about hanging with them, more than trying to get pics with bandmembers with your kid. I mean, unless you have GNR playing 24/7 on your TV, he's not going to care, it's just going to be a bunch of big trucks and golf carts going back and forth.

If the kid was really into music, and I mean REALLY into it - where that's right there with videogames and cartoons... doesn't want to play Guitar Hero but wants a real guitar or drums? I'd bring him. That could be his or her calling... don't know until they actually practice and keep at it.

Axl's not a meet and greet guy - it's if you get him at the right time, he'll do it, if not, he'll blow right past you. Sometimes it's just dumb luck that he happened to be out and about and it just happened. People on the forums have been there, done that. To me, soundchecks are cool because sometimes bands do songs that they might not do at the concert. Usually an outdoor venue's good or ones where the doors to the arenas are open, and can hear it pretty good.

Axl will DEFINITELY not be there. I have never once heard of him being at a sound check.

He used to do soundcheck. They did it practically every gig. Most bands do.

Bu the did say something like "what a day to show up for rehearsals for the first time in two years" at the concert that night.

Axl has attended soundcheck:

Who has the tape now? We need and want it for years now!

Just the same people. This video is the most progress we've made.

WTF? What they want exactly now? How can we contact them? Are they MTV people?

Edited by sixtus

Axl will DEFINITELY not be there. I have never once heard of him being at a sound check.

He used to do soundcheck. They did it practically every gig. Most bands do.

Bu the did say something like "what a day to show up for rehearsals for the first time in two years" at the concert that night.

It was the first full show they played since 89.