Hartford, CT 11/19

GNR fan Boston

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

especial thanks to MistaBrownstone who was the real hero for tonight on his twitter: @cyoung423

01. Dexter Intro

02. Chinese Democracy

03. Welcome to the Jungle

04. It's So Easy

05. Mr. Brownstone

06. Sorry

07. Riff Raff

08. Estranged

09. Better

10. Rocket Queen

11. Richerd Fortus Guitar Solo (James Bond Theme)

12. Live and Let Die

13. This I Love

14. Shackler's Revenge

15. My Generation

16. Dizzy Reed Piano Solo (Baba O'Riley)

17. Street Of Dreams

18. You Could Be Mine

19. DJ Ashba Guitar Solo (The Ballad Of Death)

20. Sweet Child O' Mine

21. Instrumental Jam (Another Brick In The Wall Pt. 2)

22. Axl Rose Piano Solo

23. November Rain

24. Bumblefoot Guitar Solo (Pink Panther Theme)

25. Don't Cry

26. Whole Lotta Rosie

27. Out Ta Get Me

28. Knockin' On Heaven's Door

29. Nightrain

Encore:

30. Madagascar

31. Nice Boys

32. Patience

33. Paradise City

(can change)

Glad I can finally pay the community back by updating, I just got back from it, and holy fuck it was amazing. I'll post a better review in the morning, but man that was amazing first concert and first time seeing them live and they blew my dick off. Bach came on around 9:12 and finished around 10:14, then GnR hit around 11:28 and ended around 2:15. The wait was brutal but worth it. Well it's been a long night I'll post more in the morning, good night everyone!

wow...first Gn'R show of my life...so much love for this band...I will never judge another song by a youtube video...now i understand what many have been saying for a long time...if you don't go to the show...your opinion is worthless...and that's a fact...if you wanna get in the first row and stay there throughout the show...bring comfortable shoes, don't drink water and find someone to talk to otherwise you'll go nuts...the waiting was pretty brutal to be honest and I'm pretty hard-core...hit the line at 4pm and guns started around 7h later...but I shouldn't even be talking about the start time, since the show was so great...I basically saw every song I wanted to see and stood 3 feet away from Axl staring into his dark aviators 95% of the time...he is fucking mesmerizing...you just watch and are in awe...his voice was perfect every step of the way...

it's actually amazing how good it was and how easily he produced every single scream...even you could be mine was great....with the rasp and everything...heaven's door was great...shackler's was awesome...I was very excited for november rain and he was great on that one too...sang it lower than usual, which made it even better....the pyro and the confetti are awesome...the band was solid...best show I've ever seen...go see for yourself....the last thing I was thinking about while standing there was whether they were gonna play oh my god or something like that...didn't think about the setlist at all...just let the show guide me and it was great....full work-out...don't know how those guys do it every night....I'll have 3 days to get myself fixed up and hit albany on wednesday and then worcester on friday...

the crowd was great..full house...very few if any empty seats and it remained like that till the end...I heard good things about the show from the people around me...obviously there was one douchebag who kept yelling where is slash and take off the hat to ashba...but he was also really drunk and was suffering from the worst case of white trash syndrome I'd ever seen...I mean when we came into the theater at 7pm he and his degenerate buddy were yelling USA, USA for like 15 minutes...and before axl came on he was yelling motherfucker, pussy etc....but he was the only one....i thought everyone else was having a good time....there was an incident during live and let die when at the end someone threw a cup right at axl and it hit him in the chest, he reacted to it but said nothing and went on with the next song...this guy next to me also threw a hat at him, dunno why...he just picked up and refused to give it back to him and threw it away :D

interesting fact, axl might be moving or buying a house in connecticut, I heard about that last year but this time he mentioned it during heaven's door...he said he better not fuck up or some of us could look him up and kick his ass :D i thought that it was funny...he was having a great time...funny thing...tommy disappeared somewhere after paradise and didnt come to bow...no idea what that was about...he seemed to be having a great time

but overall, go see the show, and I'm sure that if you're a fan you'll enjoy it, there's a lot going on!

Edited by ppruks

They played a hell of a show there in '93. Before the Garden (amazing btw) Axl said that he had family near Hartford - so that may be why he's moving there. Check out the Garden and Nice Boys. Hard to top that. I'm sure it was hard to top what they did last night too!

I took a break from Tweeting #OhMyGod tonight...to Tweet #MyMichelle ;)

:rolleyes: It beats me why people can't just ask for the greatest Guns Song not yet played by this line up.

Which is.....

CIVIL WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by The Archer

People don't ask civil war because it isn't in rio setlist.

In Guns Official facebook is a Welcome To The Jungle video from this show, (poor qualitty). Don't know how I can put it here.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150410658204311 :thumbsup:

So?

Maybe they haven't planned it. Maybe they haven't practiced it. Who knows what might happen if we ask for it. What stops them from pulling it out and doing something impromptu? Maybe someone will listen. Bumble said recently that that's how this lineup did Rosie the first time together.

Of the songs left in the bag that really deserve to be heard, it is easily the best. It doesn't deserve to be butchered by Myles or anyone else. Only Axl can sing it .

The crowds would go wild just hearing the words "we practice selective annihilation of mayors...." in THAT voice.

Edited by The Archer

No exaggeration, last night was THE best concert I have ever seen. Period.

It was three straight hours (11:30-2:30) of incredible music and spectacular visuals. The setlist was amazing, it was a pleasant surprise when they played the two least-performed songs on this tour to date - Nice Boys for only the 3rd time, and one of my all time favorites Out Ta Get Me for only the 7th time. Another Brick in the Wall was very, very cool.

As usual there was a huge walkup crowd. Yesterday morning for ha-ha's I easily pulled up 20 available pit tickets and 20 available mid-pavilion seats in a row, so there were plenty of unsold tickets just a few hours before the show. Clearly people don't want to pay the ridiculous $15-per-ticket fees, good for them that they held their ground and bought at the box office. The place was absolutely packed, I couldn't see any empty seats. I think the band enjoyed playing in one of the smallest venues on the tour, they probably feel more energy from smaller packed houses than they do from larger venues that aren't filled to capacity. And most of the fans did stay until the end, I'm sure that it was a Saturday night helped.

Only two things we weren't happy about. One, the venue allows sealed bottles of water to be brought in but when we got to the gate they told us the band won't allow it. Is that something new? I understand they don't want plastic bottles being thrown onstage, but cups of soda or beer can be flung onstage too so WTF??? And two, the bathroom situation was RIDICULOUS. Only one mens room and one ladies room for 7,000 fans??? It took more than 30 minutes of waiting in line to be able to take a piss, and some of the toilets were overflowing so there was like a half inch of raw sewage on the floor in some areas. There was even a backed up line to EXIT the mens room because a few guys decided to stand and play with their smartphones in the doorway :wacko:

Other than that, it was an awesome night and we all had the time of our lives. I can't wait for Worcester this Friday, it will be hard to top Hartford.

Oh yeah, and I was the guy wearing the GNR pants :shades:

just woke up to get on a bus back to new york and I literally have no voice...speaking will be hard for a few days before Albany...I dunno how Axl does it night after night..man...such a great fucking show...no words can describe...i was so blown away

Show was fucking amazing! Anyone else see when DJ missed the jump and fell between the stage? Picked himself up and laughed it off.

I SAW THAT! I was pretty impressed by his recovery. How about when Axl got hit with the cup? I was pretty much dead center and when I saw that cup hit him we were like, "WHO FUCKING THREW THAT?!?!?"

Oh, by the way, here are the two videos I recorded last night.

And links to my two Facebook albums of pictures, I took a lot of pictures lol. Some didn't come out so great but there are some pretty amazing ones in there.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150383684263422.367979.501688421&type=1

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150383696853422.367980.501688421&type=1

wow...first Gn'R show of my life...so much love for this band...I will never judge another song by a youtube video...now i understand what many have been saying for a long time...if you don't go to the show...your opinion is worthless...and that's a fact...if you wanna get in the first row and stay there throughout the show...bring comfortable shoes, don't drink water and find someone to talk to otherwise you'll go nuts...the waiting was pretty brutal to be honest and I'm pretty hard-core...hit the line at 4pm and guns started around 7h later...but I shouldn't even be talking about the start time, since the show was so great...I basically saw every song I wanted to see and stood 3 feet away from Axl staring into his dark aviators 95% of the time...he is fucking mesmerizing...you just watch and are in awe...his voice was perfect every step of the way...

it's actually amazing how good it was and how easily he produced every single scream...even you could be mine was great....with the rasp and everything...heaven's door was great...shackler's was awesome...I was very excited for november rain and he was great on that one too...sang it lower than usual, which made it even better....the pyro and the confetti are awesome...the band was solid...best show I've ever seen...go see for yourself....the last thing I was thinking about while standing there was whether they were gonna play oh my god or something like that...didn't think about the setlist at all...just let the show guide me and it was great....full work-out...don't know how those guys do it every night....I'll have 3 days to get myself fixed up and hit albany on wednesday and then worcester on friday...

the crowd was great..full house...very few if any empty seats and it remained like that till the end...I heard good things about the show from the people around me...obviously there was one douchebag who kept yelling where is slash and take off the hat to ashba...but he was also really drunk and was suffering from the worst case of white trash syndrome I'd ever seen...I mean when we came into the theater at 7pm he and his degenerate buddy were yelling USA, USA for like 15 minutes...and before axl came on he was yelling motherfucker, pussy etc....but he was the only one....i thought everyone else was having a good time....there was an incident during live and let die when at the end someone threw a cup right at axl and it hit him in the chest, he reacted to it but said nothing and went on with the next song...this guy next to me also threw a hat at him, dunno why...he just picked up and refused to give it back to him and threw it away :D

interesting fact, axl might be moving or buying a house in connecticut, I heard about that last year but this time he mentioned it during heaven's door...he said he better not fuck up or some of us could look him up and kick his ass :D i thought that it was funny...he was having a great time...funny thing...tommy disappeared somewhere after paradise and didnt come to bow...no idea what that was about...he seemed to be having a great time

but overall, go see the show, and I'm sure that if you're a fan you'll enjoy it, there's a lot going on!

I'm glad you had a great time. I'll see GN'R in about a week and I'm sure the show will be great, as the last four I saw were.

Disagree with the bolded comment though. Watching a couple videos from last night, it clearly shows that Axl's vocals have improved. So a You Tube video can show him in a positive light. I think the Rio performance was poor, simple as that. Even Axl wasn't happy about it. But I guess there's no point harping on it now.

So now that I am more awake I can tell my tale of the concert. So I guess I'll start with the opener, Bach. He put on a hell of a show and really got the crowd pumped, although I didn't know too much of his music it was nice to see him open, he's freakin nuts on stage. So he got off around 10:15 and they started setting up stage. I'll be honest after about an hour I myself was getting a little pissed and people were screaming "COME ONE FUCKER, WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU DOUCHEBAG!" It was a bit ridiculous but then at 11:28 the lights went out and the Dexter theme started. Some guy in front of me was like," The fuck why are they playing the Dexter theme?!?!" Then the screens came on with that screaming red baby thing and bam everyone was going nuts. When I heard those first chords on Chinese Democracy they were so loud it damn near blew me away, it was unreal I was so pumped. One thing that really caught my eye were the monitors and all that plays on them, those things really added flair to the show.

Anyways fast-forward a few songs forward I was surprised they did so many songs before the first solo, and I was surprised that they moved RQ up the setlist but anyways the crowd seemed to really like Estranged. I noticed though during solos and new songs most people left and went to the bathroom or whatever, it was kinda sad. I did hear one guy when I went to the bathroom before the show say that hopefully enough people boo him on ChiDem so they skip it and go to Jungle. Anywho they sounded amazing, and Axl sounded killer, and he looked happy. Youtube videos may be nice to watch, but when you're there seeing the show, and feeling the energy it's a whole different story. What I liked about this venue is it was small so even though I wasn't in the pit I had pretty good seats.

The band, was stupendous, the chemistry is just there. They all just fit so right on that stage, and they way they interact with the crowd is great. I love how Richard thew a few picks, Ron let people play his guitar and DJ threw some drumsticks after playing his guitar with them. Richard was a blast to watch, how he jumps, spins,twirls, strums he was just so interesting. Ron for awhile didn't really move and was kinda just passive which is understandable because of his injuries but he still gave it 110%. Overall for me it was a magical experience, especially the confetti at the end of PC (grabbed a bit and saved some) They showed me how great they are, and just made the night incredible, it's almost hard to put into words. I will list below a few points I thought were of interest.

- As said before at the end of LALD someone nailed Axl with a cup dead in the chest and he just kinda shook it off, thank god it was the end of the song so he didn't stop it.

- Axl added the "with your ass in the air" to YCBM which I thought was cool because it doesn't seem like he does it too often.

- The crowd out of all three guitarist really seemed to like Ron the most, when he did his solo people next to me were like "FUCK YEAH THATS BUMBLEFOOT." Overall people just seemed to like him the best.

- In the beginning Axl asked how we were doing, then almost walked off the stage and said "shit I wouldn't have been doing to good if I walked off that."

- I forgot which song but DJ fell off the stage at one point and came back on a few seconds later.

- Axl during KOHD said he may be our new neighbor soon, maybe he's buying a house in CT somewhere?!?

- Axl and Tommy are fun to watch on stage just because they always joke around with each other and play games.

- When Axl went to blow the whistle on Paradise City it like didn't blow for some reason and he just looks at the crowd shakes his head and goes "Well shit," and threw it anyways.

So now that I am more awake I can tell my tale of the concert. So I guess I'll start with the opener, Bach. He put on a hell of a show and really got the crowd pumped, although I didn't know too much of his music it was nice to see him open, he's freakin nuts on stage. So he got off around 10:15 and they started setting up stage. I'll be honest after about an hour I myself was getting a little pissed and people were screaming "COME ONE FUCKER, WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU DOUCHEBAG!" It was a bit ridiculous but then at 11:28 the lights went out and the Dexter theme started. Some guy in front of me was like," The fuck why are they playing the Dexter theme?!?!" Then the screens came on with that screaming red baby thing and bam everyone was going nuts. When I heard those first chords on Chinese Democracy they were so loud it damn near blew me away, it was unreal I was so pumped. One thing that really caught my eye were the monitors and all that plays on them, those things really added flair to the show.

Anyways fast-forward a few songs forward I was surprised they did so many songs before the first solo, and I was surprised that they moved RQ up the setlist but anyways the crowd seemed to really like Estranged. I noticed though during solos and new songs most people left and went to the bathroom or whatever, it was kinda sad. I did hear one guy when I went to the bathroom before the show say that hopefully enough people boo him on ChiDem so they skip it and go to Jungle. Anywho they sounded amazing, and Axl sounded killer, and he looked happy. Youtube videos may be nice to watch, but when you're there seeing the show, and feeling the energy it's a whole different story. What I liked about this venue is it was small so even though I wasn't in the pit I had pretty good seats.

The band, was stupendous, the chemistry is just there. They all just fit so right on that stage, and they way they interact with the crowd is great. I love how Richard thew a few picks, Ron let people play his guitar and DJ threw some drumsticks after playing his guitar with them. Richard was a blast to watch, how he jumps, spins,twirls, strums he was just so interesting. Ron for awhile didn't really move and was kinda just passive which is understandable because of his injuries but he still gave it 110%. Overall for me it was a magical experience, especially the confetti at the end of PC (grabbed a bit and saved some) They showed me how great they are, and just made the night incredible, it's almost hard to put into words. I will list below a few points I thought were of interest.

- As said before at the end of LALD someone nailed Axl with a cup dead in the chest and he just kinda shook it off, thank god it was the end of the song so he didn't stop it.

- Axl added the "with your ass in the air" to YCBM which I thought was cool because it doesn't seem like he does it too often.

- The crowd out of all three guitarist really seemed to like Ron the most, when he did his solo people next to me were like "FUCK YEAH THATS BUMBLEFOOT." Overall people just seemed to like him the best.

- In the beginning Axl asked how we were doing, then almost walked off the stage and said "shit I wouldn't have been doing to good if I walked off that."

- I forgot which song but DJ fell off the stage at one point and came back on a few seconds later.

- Axl during KOHD said he may be our new neighbor soon, maybe he's buying a house in CT somewhere?!?

- Axl and Tommy are fun to watch on stage just because they always joke around with each other and play games.

- When Axl went to blow the whistle on Paradise City it like didn't blow for some reason and he just looks at the crowd shakes his head and goes "Well shit," and threw it anyways.

it truely was a great night, the whistle landed right near my friend and he failed to grab it and for some reason it disappeared and nobody else found it.