Axl's 2011 voice

emilxert

Well, one knows, having watched Axl's stage activity, I came to the conclusion that he lost his voice again (I hope not forever).

Everyone noticed that during the Rio concert. After that Roses started to partly improve the situation. He can now sing about 3-4 songs from the start. Especially he's making efforts to have "Jungle" sung in his 2010 voice.

But then..then he just gives up trying to sing the rest of the set the way he used to the previous year. It's just painful to listen to the outro of "Don't cry". I mean, the whole, let's say, drama just slips away, cause he makes the "Mickey Mouse" of himself. Same thing with "Child", "Paradise", "This I love" ( where his regular beast voice is required), I'd add "Estranged" (outro again), especially it's frustrating to listen to his inability to cope with "You could be mine", "Nightrain" and other energetic songs.

I do hope that he reads this soon and will try to do everything the way it needs to be done. It's never a reproach or a command, just an advice.

What do you think about this topic?

He's found a good balance between the rasp and the clean vocals. He seems to "save" the rasp for the songs where its really needed. The recent shows haven't sounded anything like "Mickey Mouse" as the Rio show did. There's a difference between his regular clean singing and sounding like the "helium" voice. His clean vocals sound good when the suit the song (verses of Sweet Child for example) and his rasp kills when he needs it to (the last few performances of Jungle are nothing short of awesome). The energy is still ther,e so perhaps he's just adjusting his voice to be able to perform for three hours without cracking, losing it, becoming out of breath and so on.

His voice sounds pretty good now. Rio was absolutely horrible, but he really seemed to pick it up and change that for the following shows. Hopefully he can get back to his 2010 awesomeness, because last year imo was the best he sounded since 93

Edited by WhazUp

Well, one knows, having watched Axl's stage activity, I came to the conclusion that he lost his voice again (I hope not forever).

Everyone noticed that during the Rio concert. After that Roses started to partly improve the situation. He can now sing about 3-4 songs from the start. Especially he's making efforts to have "Jungle" sung in his 2010 voice.

But then..then he just gives up trying to sing the rest of the set the way he used to the previous year. It's just painful to listen to the outro of "Don't cry". I mean, the whole, let's say, drama just slips away, cause he makes the "Mickey Mouse" of himself. Same thing with "Child", "Paradise", "This I love" ( where his regular beast voice is required), I'd add "Estranged" (outro again), especially it's frustrating to listen to his inability to cope with "You could be mine", "Nightrain" and other energetic songs.

I do hope that he reads this soon and will try to do everything the way it needs to be done. It's never a reproach or a command, just an advice.

What do you think about this topic?

tolerate what??

Rio concert?

AGAIN?? We had discus about this theme three month ago dry.gif

I think you are a cupcake that create a user to throw shit, not a fan!!

GUNS N ROSES SOUND GREAT IN BUENOS AIRES rock3

Edited by Blummas

His voice sounds pretty good now. Rio was absolutely horrible, but he really seemed to pick it up and change that for the following shows. Hopefully he can get back to his 2010 awesomeness, because last year imo was the best he sounded since 93

in buenos aires concert 2011 was better than 2010, better voice, better sound.