What the fuck just happened? Courtney Love vs Dave fuckin' Grohl. Seriously?

Nosaj Thing

If you're a Nirvana fan, you would like to know what just happened in Brazil. Courtney stopped the damn show just because she saw some guy with a Kurt Kobain's t-shirt. Then she just double talks about Dave.

Read the whole thing here, there's also a video: http://www.metalsucks.net/2011/11/16/dave-grohl-knows-that-courtney-love-knows-that-dave-knows-that-courtney-that-dave-fucking-knows-that-courtney-knows/

Edited by pi2loc

Yeah then she started going on about how Kurt's mum hasn't had a warm bath in years or something :S I don't know what this woman is on most of the time but it doesn't exactly endear her to me or display what Cobain saw in her. Though if it's true that Grohl has just bought a car from his ''Nirvana Inc'' credit card and Kurt's relatives ARE struggling for cash (which would be bizarre) then I get her point of being pissed off since i'm sure Dave has MORE than enough cash from foo fighters alone.

Then again, she's using Kurt's relatives as like a shield, why doesn't SHE buy Kurt's mum a front door lol?? She has enough cash herself.

Edited by RandallFlagg

It's getting harder and harder being a Courtney fan these days...... I will in some way always love her for what she once was and what she once did as an artist but those days seems long gone unfortunately. She's more interested in being in the media and going to fashion shows than she is with making music and performing, just recently she cancelled her Soundwave performance cause of Fred Durst playing there! What about your fans who bought tickets to see you perform there, Courtney? well fuck them, huh?

Last year she cancelled her entire European tour as well (I had tickets for her concert in Denmark) obviously she doesn't care to perform or do music any longer so why keep on faking it?! Just stop and say you're over it instead of screwing over your fans (the few fans you got left anyways)

However I understand the Kurt issue; it must be difficult always being reminded of your husband who killed himself. I don't know if this was the case here in Brazil but people have before brought pictures/t-shirts of Kurt to Courtney's show only to yell at her that she had him killed so I'll give her the benefit of the doubt on that one as she may have thought that's what was going on here as well.

But the whole Dave Grohl thing...shut up, Courtney! That video of her trying to justify her rant on him makes me cringe like I've never cringed over Courtney before and that says a lot! "Why does Dave get to have a Nirvana Inc credit card and I don't?" CAUSE DAVE WAS IN FUCKING NIRVANA!!!! "I however own Nirvana with my daughter and Dave is taking money of my daughters table" You mean the daughter who when she was 16 years old asked a judge to please give custody of her to anyone but you? Which the judge granted and gave to Kurt's mother instead of you (Frances is 19 now and is on her own) When your own daughter turns on you and even has a restraining order against you maybe you need to rethink your life just a bit.

The real issue here is not Nirvana or money cause Courtney's sure gotten her fair share of Nirvana money, the issue is that Dave has been extremely succesful after Nirvana and still is to this day. Personally Foo Fighters is not something I listen to but as a Nirvana fan I have nothing against Dave or Foo Fighters cause why would I? He has every right to be succesful with Foo's and still get money from the work he did with Nirvana. Courtney is just jealous of Dave's succes, it's that simple and that sad.

I've always defended her and given her the benefit of the doubt cause she obviously has mental problems (she clearly believes her own lies 100%) but I can't and really don't want to defend this kinda crap. If she ever decides to get help with her issues and goes on to make the music we know she is capeable of making then I'm right here rooting for her but until then...I mean, I'm still a fan at heart and I havn't "left" her cause I know she's so much better than this but I'm not gonna stand around waiting for this train wreck to happen cause it's just too sad to watch. I used to feel so much admiration for her and wanted to be just like her - now I hope I never turn out to be like her.

She's clearly got a few screws loose and chips on her shoulder where she's channeling the crap in her own life into Dave's success, she may well have her reasons to hate him but blowing up in the media is not going to win her many fans. It doesn't detract from her music the same way that Axl's antics used to create this fake media impression of him, she won't get a fair ride from the media at all coming out swinging at one of the most popular and successful figures in music. Dave may not have written anything much in Nirvana but he was still the drummer and a damn good one in the band's massive rise. I think she's just gone apeshit at a stressful show and blown it out of proportion when it could have been settled in a much quieter and more productive manner. Again though, WHY DON'T YOU BUY YOUR LATE HUSBAND'S FAMILY SOME CHEAP HOUSES FFS she cannot whine about that when she even says herself in the SAME interview that she is fine for money!

Yeah then she started going on about how Kurt's mum hasn't had a warm bath in years or something :S I don't know what this woman is on most of the time but it doesn't exactly endear her to me or display what Cobain saw in her. Though if it's true that Grohl has just bought a car from his ''Nirvana Inc'' credit card and Kurt's relatives ARE struggling for cash (which would be bizarre) then I get her point of being pissed off since i'm sure Dave has MORE than enough cash from foo fighters alone.

Then again, she's using Kurt's relatives as like a shield, why doesn't SHE buy Kurt's mum a front door lol?? She has enough cash herself.

Your last sentence was spot on - why doesn't she make sure Kurt's family is taken care of? Kurt's family is not Dave's responsibility, they are grown people and to my knowledge Dave only ever met Kurt's sister and his aunt a few times, he has no connection with these people as Kurt didn't get along with most of his family that much.

Also the whole front door thing...what crap! Of course the woman got a fucking front door! Just another of Courtney's crazy lies. Frances lived with Kurt's mom for the last 6 years so Courtney didn't make sure Frances got warm baths in 6 years? Well then that says more about Courtney than it does about Dave, doesn't it?

Some years back Courtney sold 25% of the Nirvana catalogue for 50 million dollars - you get many front doors and warm baths for that! Where's these money today? Gone! Spent on stupid designer clothes, drugs, court dates, lawyers, money to whoever was Frances' legal guardians at the time etc. Courtney has proven time and time again that she sucks with her money - that is not Dave's fault. Kurt has been dead nearly 20 years, it's not fair blaming Dave 20 years later for Kurt's mom missing a front door on her house (which I seriously doubt the woman does!) Buy the woman a goddamn front door and shut up Courtney. Please!

She has no coherence to her rant at all, there's hypocritical statements all over the place :lol: She should maybe focus on some music of her own and sorting her life out rather than point fingers at Grohl, SHE could solve all the topics she is moaning about... I can understand how seeing Kurt's face at her in shows would be difficult, but again, it's a huge part of her life and they are most likely trying to compliment her as she said, it's something you pay the price of being Kurt Cobain's ex wife and all! I don't agree with what Grohl did buying a car on Nirvana's account or whatever but.. he WAS in nirvana and even if he didn't write the material he is entitled to some cash! He made that money so he can spend it on whatever he wants, he isn't intentionally thinking oh, how can I take away Kurt's relatives money so they can't afford a boiler!

She's clearly got a few screws loose and chips on her shoulder where she's channeling the crap in her own life into Dave's success, she may well have her reasons to hate him but blowing up in the media is not going to win her many fans. It doesn't detract from her music the same way that Axl's antics used to create this fake media impression of him, she won't get a fair ride from the media at all coming out swinging at one of the most popular and successful figures in music. Dave may not have written anything much in Nirvana but he was still the drummer and a damn good one in the band's massive rise. I think she's just gone apeshit at a stressful show and blown it out of proportion when it could have been settled in a much quieter and more productive manner. Again though, WHY DON'T YOU BUY YOUR LATE HUSBAND'S FAMILY SOME CHEAP HOUSES FFS she cannot whine about that when she even says herself in the SAME interview that she is fine for money!

Axl may have his tantrums once in a while and do other not always thought through things like his rants but there's a huge difference: Axl's not delusional like Courtney so clearly is. Courtney believes every single lie she tells, there's no doubt about this. Just go look at her Twitter account - the woman has completely lost it :( It makes me so sad as a fan to see that I have unfollowed her. Axl also doesn't live of a dead spouse's money and then point the finger at the dead spouses old band member demanding even more money. Axl takes care of himself financially and he doesn't walk around talking to every low life paparazzi who wants to listen to him about how this and this relative of his is missing a front door and it's all this or that persons fault while wearing designer clothes who could've bought 100+ front doors. Axl has flaws, no doubt about it but compared to Courtney Love he seems pretty fucking flawless but this is another thread.

oh yeah, Courtney tweeted me about Axl back in October since we're on the subject of Axl. Axl was trending cause he was playing RIR at that very moment and Courtney asked why was Axl trending so I replied to her and gave her a livestream link and she started going on to me about how CD totally fucking sucks, Axl's an asshole, that Slash and Duff should have the GNR name etc and all I could think of was just "Are you serious? You are the ONLY original member in Hole these days though the original members of Hole are against you using the Hole name but you own it so you do. CD sucks? Well, it sure did a lot better than "Nobody's Daughter", didn't it?" She hates Axl for doing what he does but she's doing the exact same thing plus she is jealous that Axl is more succesful than she is! Courtney and the current Hole line up would never play RIR so she lashed out at Axl like she did with Dave - cause she is jealous. Going to fashion shows and trashing everyone more succesful than yourself is not gonna get you succes - I wish someone would tell her that.

She is kerazeee! She would probably have a bias already about Axl since her and Kurt didn't exactly get on with him. I think Kurt got the complete wrong impression of him, the more I think about it, if Kurt wasn't so goddamn stubborn he'd have found a lot to talk about with him, it kinda makes me sad sometimes :lol: I actually think the majority of Axl's rants border on extremely intelligent, most of the time the crowd didn't seem to get what he was on about, i'm talking more about his personal stuff than the IF YOU THINK MADONNA KICKED YOUR ASS... type ones, even though they were comedic gold! He seems very measured and controlled when he talks about something with a lot of emotion whereas Love here seems to just be talking shit for the sake of her own self control of anger inside her, it's just pointless really. She's like the COMPLETE opposite of Cobain, I know he loved her and found a lot of common ground but man if I had someone like this constantly blowing up and picking fights with no rational goal I'd have to run to the hills!

Edited by RandallFlagg

She has no coherence to her rant at all, there's hypocritical statements all over the place :lol: She should maybe focus on some music of her own and sorting her life out rather than point fingers at Grohl, SHE could solve all the topics she is moaning about... I can understand how seeing Kurt's face at her in shows would be difficult, but again, it's a huge part of her life and they are most likely trying to compliment her as she said, it's something you pay the price of being Kurt Cobain's ex wife and all! I don't agree with what Grohl did buying a car on Nirvana's account or whatever but.. he WAS in nirvana and even if he didn't write the material he is entitled to some cash! He made that money so he can spend it on whatever he wants, he isn't intentionally thinking oh, how can I take away Kurt's relatives money so they can't afford a boiler!

But it's Dave's money! He doesn't spend money which aren't his, he spends his share of the Nirvana money, money he has earned for his work with Nirvana. Krist has his Nirvana money too but she doesn't lash out at him cause 1) he doesn't have a succesful band now 2) because no one knows who Krist is because he is not succesful atm so mentioning him won't get her in the media.

it really is that sad.

That's true with her lack of hate towards Krist, she just can't stand anyone who's somehow got the 'better' of her being liked more, but doing what she does with no real output of her own material or attempt at controlling her life will not get her anywhere.

Edited by RandallFlagg

She is kerazeee! She would probably have a bias already about Axl since her and Kurt didn't exactly get on with him. I think Kurt got the complete wrong impression of him, the more I think about it, if Kurt wasn't so goddamn stubborn he'd have found a lot to talk about with him, it kinda makes me sad sometimes :lol: I actually think the majority of Axl's rants border on extremely intelligent, most of the time the crowd didn't seem to get what he was on about, i'm talking more about his personal stuff than the IF YOU THINK MADONNA KICKED YOUR ASS... type ones, even though they were comedic gold! He seems very measured and controlled when he talks about something with a lot of emotion whereas Love here seems to just be talking shit for the sake of her own self control of anger inside her, it's just pointless really. She's like the COMPLETE opposite of Cobain, I know he loved her and found a lot of common ground but man if I had someone like this constantly blowing up and picking fights with no rational goal I'd have to run to the hills!

Yeah, Axl liked Nirvana and Kurt, it was Kurt who started that feud.

You're right about Axl's rants being intelligent and most of the time they really did have a valid point, I remember often going "Hmm, see I never thought about that" whenever I'd heard one of his rants. Back in the day Courtney's rants/speeches on stage were just as legendary and intelligent, she really was (maybe still is but you can't see it over her crazy) intelligent which just makes it more sad to see how she is today. She was the idol of so many girls (like myself) but she is no longer my idol, she was. Axl is still my idol despite everything that has happened cause he's still out there doing music and performing. He's the opposite of Courtney - he avoids media attention where she seeks it out, he doesn't tweet every single one of his negative thoughts about other people like Courtney does etc. As much as I sometimes miss hearing from Axl I'll take missing him over him being like Courtney, that's for sure.

That's true with her lack of hate towards Krist, she just can't stand anyone who's somehow got the 'better' of her being liked more, but doing what she does with no real output of her own material or attempt at controlling her life will not get her anywhere.

So true. Back in the 90's she had Hole's amazing music to back up her crazyness so people would let her uncalled for rants slide cause at least she was such an amazing artist but now she has no band or music to back her up - all she's got is her drug addict reputation, her crazy antics, a dead husband (which ofc is not her fault) and a daughter who wants nothing to do with her.

Edited by RocketQueen1985

It's getting harder and harder being a Courtney fan these days...... I will in some way always love her for what she once was and what she once did as an artist but those days seems long gone unfortunately. She's more interested in being in the media and going to fashion shows than she is with making music and performing, just recently she cancelled her Soundwave performance cause of Fred Durst playing there! What about your fans who bought tickets to see you perform there, Courtney? well fuck them, huh?

Last year she cancelled her entire European tour as well (I had tickets for her concert in Denmark) obviously she doesn't care to perform or do music any longer so why keep on faking it?! Just stop and say you're over it instead of screwing over your fans (the few fans you got left anyways)

However I understand the Kurt issue; it must be difficult always being reminded of your husband who killed himself. I don't know if this was the case here in Brazil but people have before brought pictures/t-shirts of Kurt to Courtney's show only to yell at her that she had him killed so I'll give her the benefit of the doubt on that one as she may have thought that's what was going on here as well.

But the whole Dave Grohl thing...shut up, Courtney! That video of her trying to justify her rant on him makes me cringe like I've never cringed over Courtney before and that says a lot! "Why does Dave get to have a Nirvana Inc credit card and I don't?" CAUSE DAVE WAS IN FUCKING NIRVANA!!!! "I however own Nirvana with my daughter and Dave is taking money of my daughters table" You mean the daughter who when she was 16 years old asked a judge to please give custody of her to anyone but you? Which the judge granted and gave to Kurt's mother instead of you (Frances is 19 now and is on her own) When your own daughter turns on you and even has a restraining order against you maybe you need to rethink your life just a bit.

The real issue here is not Nirvana or money cause Courtney's sure gotten her fair share of Nirvana money, the issue is that Dave has been extremely succesful after Nirvana and still is to this day. Personally Foo Fighters is not something I listen to but as a Nirvana fan I have nothing against Dave or Foo Fighters cause why would I? He has every right to be succesful with Foo's and still get money from the work he did with Nirvana. Courtney is just jealous of Dave's succes, it's that simple and that sad.

I've always defended her and given her the benefit of the doubt cause she obviously has mental problems (she clearly believes her own lies 100%) but I can't and really don't want to defend this kinda crap. If she ever decides to get help with her issues and goes on to make the music we know she is capeable of making then I'm right here rooting for her but until then...I mean, I'm still a fan at heart and I havn't "left" her cause I know she's so much better than this but I'm not gonna stand around waiting for this train wreck to happen cause it's just too sad to watch. I used to feel so much admiration for her and wanted to be just like her - now I hope I never turn out to be like her.

Goddamn, this is what I fuckin' call a badass rant.

Yeah I think Axl's work and the monumental impact that his past still has on people today is all he needs, he's still out there kicking ass and hopefully has a lot more music to give to us, he knows the people that matter to him will always stick by him regardless and he holds a lot of respect despite the idiotic standpoint the media take, Courtney is just not helping herself by meandering on and on whilst seemingly getting further and further away from any form of being taken seriously, she is currently well known for being insane rather than releasing anything of late being useful or interesting to anyone and even losing loyal fans like yourself, she just needs to wake up and smell the coffee!

Yeah I think Axl's work and the monumental impact that his past still has on people today is all he needs, he's still out there kicking ass and hopefully has a lot more music to give to us, he knows the people that matter to him will always stick by him regardless and he holds a lot of respect despite the idiotic standpoint the media take, Courtney is just not helping herself by meandering on and on whilst seemingly getting further and further away from any form of being taken seriously, she is currently well known for being insane rather than releasing anything of late being useful or interesting to anyone and even losing loyal fans like yourself, she just needs to wake up and smell the coffee!

I know that to most people Axl is just a joke today but Axl is a legendary rock n roll frontman - that can never be taken away from him no matter how much he is ridiculed or hated, he has talent and even the biggest hater can't deny this as it is obvious. Axl got succes, fame and attention cause of his talent, the drama, gnr fighting etc came later on when he had already established himself as a succesful frontman of one of the greatest rock n roll bands ever.

Courtney was well on her way to get reckognized as a talented frontwoman of Hole but marrying Kurt made her "Kurt Cobain's wife" which was really unfair as she was just as talented as Kurt but she did continue having success with Hole after Kurt's death, "Celebrity Skin" was a great album and she had respect still and people were loving her/Hole at the time. She ruined it by going the Hollywood way, wanting to be an actress, dressing in expensive designer clothes and attending fashion shows. All things she had always been against in the early 90's she was now getting into at the expense of her music - she went against her own words and many people thought of her as selling out and being fake. So when she starts pointing fingers at Dave Grohl, Axl, Fred Durst or whoever she's being a complete idiot cause, like them or not, Dave, Axl, Fred etc are still making music and touring, they are doing what they've always done, they haven't (to my knowledge) gone against their own words and abondoned rock for the Hollywood glamour scene they used to speak so ill of.

"I made my bed, I'll die in it" - looks like that's unfortunately gonna be true for Courtney.

There's so many contradictions, what a nutter :rofl-lol:

I know that to most people Axl is just a joke today but Axl is a legendary rock n roll frontman - that can never be taken away from him no matter how much he is ridiculed or hated, he has talent and even the biggest hater can't deny this as it is obvious. Axl got succes, fame and attention cause of his talent, the drama, gnr fighting etc came later on when he had already established himself as a succesful frontman of one of the greatest rock n roll bands ever.

Courtney was well on her way to get reckognized as a talented frontwoman of Hole but marrying Kurt made her "Kurt Cobain's wife" which was really unfair as she was just as talented as Kurt but she did continue having success with Hole after Kurt's death, "Celebrity Skin" was a great album and she had respect still and people were loving her/Hole at the time. She ruined it by going the Hollywood way, wanting to be an actress, dressing in expensive designer clothes and attending fashion shows. All things she had always been against in the early 90's she was now getting into at the expense of her music - she went against her own words and many people thought of her as selling out and being fake. So when she starts pointing fingers at Dave Grohl, Axl, Fred Durst or whoever she's being a complete idiot cause, like them or not, Dave, Axl, Fred etc are still making music and touring, they are doing what they've always done, they haven't (to my knowledge) gone against their own words and abondoned rock for the Hollywood glamour scene they used to speak so ill of.

"I made my bed, I'll die in it" - looks like that's unfortunately gonna be true for Courtney.

Yeah once a LOOK AT ME I'M POPULAR IN HOLLYWOOD attitude takes the place of what got you somewhere, it's time to accept that you aren't an artist anymore and are in it for the wrong reasons, that can only last so long if you're not respecting your work and treating it as like a secondary back up option. Grohl and Axl have never made that an option, sure Axl enjoys his partying but his work is always foremost, hence why he went missing for years, no socialite in their right mind would do that, it seems Courtney can't stand not being in the limelight for one reason or another lol.

But it's Dave's money! He doesn't spend money which aren't his, he spends his share of the Nirvana money, money he has earned for his work with Nirvana. Krist has his Nirvana money too but she doesn't lash out at him cause 1) he doesn't have a succesful band now 2) because no one knows who Krist is because he is not succesful atm so mentioning him won't get her in the media.

it really is that sad.

Even if Dave was going to be fired from Nirvana, he wasn't, and if anything, his success protected the catalog from her turning it into an ATM machine. She got kicked off of Twitter 3 times for badmouthing someone that had to do with the estate, and complained someone ripped her off.

She's done a good job at destroying herself time and time again, but somehow manages to come back.

I think Frances is keeping away from her by people who feel that Courtney is going to make her sign the rights over.

Courtney also has a bit of an ego as a musician, because Hole was the bigger band prior to Nevermind.

So when is someone bringing a poster of Stephanie Seymour to the next show?

There's so many contradictions, what a nutter :rofl-lol:

Yeah once a LOOK AT ME I'M POPULAR IN HOLLYWOOD attitude takes the place of what got you somewhere, it's time to accept that you aren't an artist anymore and are in it for the wrong reasons, that can only last so long if you're not respecting your work and treating it as like a secondary back up option. Grohl and Axl have never made that an option, sure Axl enjoys his partying but his work is always foremost, hence why he went missing for years, no socialite in their right mind would do that, it seems Courtney can't stand not being in the limelight for one reason or another lol.

Odds are the original band knew about Courtney long before Kurt was a factor.

Live Through This was a good album no matter who wrote it.

I've always wanted Axl and Courtney to do a duet of "Don't Go Breaking My Heart".

I always liked Molly Shannon's Courtney Love impression.

I have nothing else positive to add regarding Courtney Love.