Why is GnR different?

Young_Gun

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather drag out my WASP albums,or blast some AC/DC,or AIC depending on mood.I don't listen to Coldplay,or actually consider them any more relevant than the ICP.

I love them about as much as Zakk Wylde likes Fred Durst. :xmassrudolph:

yet you wanted to use a word like relevant.

I assumed that word was universally understood.

As I don't listen to Coldplay or Nickleback (yes Ive heard enough to know I dont like em') cant relate to their music and I honestly dont view them as groundbreaking much less iconic,or epic.

As I don't listen to Coldplay or Nickleback (yes Ive heard enough to know I dont like em') cant relate to their music and I honestly dont view them as groundbreaking much less iconic,or epic.

coldplay has become so big that they are not only relevant because of their music but because chris martin, the songwriter, has become sort of like an ongoing semi-meme, the sensitive pussy guy making weepy songs on his piano. people who can't name one coldplay album still get the joke.

as far as pop-culture, what could be bigger testament or proof of somethings relevancy?

my point being, you should have just stuck with "coldplay sucks." and steer away from relevant.l

lets consider for a moment also, a hypothetical list of most influential "white guys drums guitars bass" -bands of 00-09. Anyone attempting such a list without the mention of Coldplay makes an utter clown of himself.

Edited by phaeryen

It's because in USA, the lineup changes overshadow the music for the public. People aren't going to pay money tos ee what they consider a "glorified cover band". It's a crock of shit, and I hope when another album comes out, they cut even more AFD and UYI songs. I don't want to forget about them, but relying on them so much for the setlist keeps people wishing Slash were there. A lot of people won't even consider seeing them because of the lineup shit just to be assholes and they'll never give the show a chance.

Maybe you don't understand that USA is not the one place in the world, i think that ChD sells a lot if we consider that guns n roses did not come to promote the album. Not as it should

Sorry but I think comparing Coldplay to Guns is like comparing Amy Lee to Fiona Apple.

completly agree.

zepspun, you made some good points...but what I think you're missing is the statement that the "music industry insiders" are letting their spite destroy their ability to view the new band objectively.

That's the issue I have with new lineup haters. At least stay objective. Who gives a fuck what their name is? Judge them on their product.

I think just about every person on this board has heard and or seen every GNR lineup there ever was...the haters are missing out on one fucking unbelievably talented band. All the credit in the world to the musicians who helped craft AFD and the UYIs. But, I hate to break it to them, they just didn't perform as well as the current incarnation. They just didn't. Sure, drugs probably played a big part of that, but it was what it was.

btw, there aren't enough characters allowed on these pages to explain fully why GNR is "different." ;)

you have to remember, spite would only be a factor if people were hardcore fans.. like you and me. I'm talking about people that know what's going on with celebs they don't even care about... it ranges... some people are huge fans, others casual.. some people even think it's funny to still be a fan. So.... to say they dislike the new band because they harbour some ill-will toward Axl, or they are in love with Slash is not something I'd factor in. People on here are hardcore fans, and take things personally quite frequently. Real world - not so much.

If you have 10000+ posts on here I think it's hard for you to give Chinese Democracy a fair judgment.

It's a pretty good album but nothing more than that, although hardcore fans will of course love it and find themselves in pretty much every song.

There was not a single song that the average fan wanted immediately to hear fifty times in a row.

Lack of promotion or something like that was not the problem.

You haven't seen that word in a book you read recently or on the Internet or something?

We stopped spelling tests 4th grade-ish, too, but I'm a grammar Nazi in general, so...

Well I hate to make you feel like an ass, but I am actually a little dyslexic. And I am color blind.

You haven't seen that word in a book you read recently or on the Internet or something?

We stopped spelling tests 4th grade-ish, too, but I'm a grammar Nazi in general, so...

Well I hate to make you feel like an ass, but I am actually a little dyslexic. And I am color blind.

Wow. Really? Is this web site hard to read, too?

Wow. Really? Is this web site hard to read, too?

I'm a lot better now than I use to be. The website is easier to read, but when I look at Nickelback I think it looks weird...Nickleback makes more sense even though I know its the actual spelling. I use to have to proofread everything I write.

coldplay has become so big that they are not only relevant because of their music but because chris martin, the songwriter, has become sort of like an ongoing semi-meme, the sensitive pussy guy making weepy songs on his piano. people who can't name one coldplay album still get the joke.

as far as pop-culture, what could be bigger testament or proof of somethings relevancy?

my point being, you should have just stuck with "coldplay sucks." and steer away from relevant.l

lets consider for a moment also, a hypothetical list of most influential "white guys drums guitars bass" -bands of 00-09. Anyone attempting such a list without the mention of Coldplay makes an utter clown of himself.

You honestly take yourself too seriously,I'm a bit beyond writing "coldplay sucks" without giving a rationale.

To phrase it simplistically,I have listened and I don't like it. So ramble on with your nonsense of "memes" and "testament proofs" which may impress some naieve souls,but won't change my mind in the least.