Barry Fey encapsulates the sinful ignorance regarding Chinese Democracy.

Guest NGOG

So you think slash was lying?

No; but a stretch of the truth perhaps?

Had Slash been the main guitarist on CD - in Robin Finck's shoes - it still wouldn't have made a difference in terms of record sales and concert ticket sales, in particular, in the USA.

If Slash was touring with GnR right now, it still wouldn't make a difference.

The fact is: old-GnR became irrelevant to mainstream pop culture in post-1992. Like Metallica, all 80s rock bands needed to *re-invent* themselves musically and image-wise (like cutting their hair and changing their warddrobe).

The public like GN’R with Slash. Believe it or not GN’R without Slash was a reason for a lot of people to refuse Chinese Democracy a listen.

Slash’s presence on Chinese would have unquestionably enhanced its reception. Furthermore, the music would be radically different. & a lot more compatible with the expectations of most people whose perception of GN’R is Appetite.

I don’t know how many times I’ve read comments under the report of a GN’R show with the statement “if no Slash, I’m not going”. I think you’re an imbecile if you believe Slash on tour with GN’R wouldn’t affect ticket sales positively.

The masses were enthusiastic (& that’s an understatement) for a post-Illusions album up until the departure of people like Slash and Duff. & even after there was an intrigue regarding Axl’s lone GN’R effort.

Go listen to any of Slash solo and VR records. None of them sound like GnR!

That proves the point Axl was making about Slash: that Slash only cared for his parts and songs. Slash doesn't even like AFD, except for his parts!

Musically, Slash is not needed at all on CD! Nobody wants to hear his cheezy 80s bluesy riffs or his over-wah-wah pentatonic soloing! That's old and boring! And it doesn't fit with the innovating and fresh sounds of CD.

The solos, riffs, beats, grooves, and rhythms on CD is some of the best and most original stuff ever put out.

And no, post-1992, GnR became irrelevant! In business terms, their market share of the rock music industry dropped significantly. They got replaced by alternative rock bands like Nirvana and Pearl Jam.

The same folks who would have cared for a post-UYI record are the same people how clamored for CD!

So once again, any claims that Slash and Duff would have made a difference to GnR success *today* does not fit with the facts!

The new blood in GnR is what has given GnR a chance to survive in today's music industry, and to continue to make more music!

Alternative bands are the most anti-Slash bands ever. His riffs and guitar solos were not only irrelevant but uncool.

I can't even picture Slash on Chinese Democracy, what helped made that album so awesome was the guitar work contributed by Finck, Buckethead and then Bumblefoot. Plus a very important aspect to the band now is Tommy. There is a reason he is called The General.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That proves the point Axl was making about Slash: that Slash only cared for his parts and songs. Slash doesn't even like AFD, except for his parts!

Nobody wants to hear his cheezy 80s bluesy riffs or his over-wah-wah pentatonic soloing!

*sigh*

So you think slash was lying?

No; but a stretch of the truth perhaps?

Had Slash been the main guitarist on CD - in Robin Finck's shoes - it still wouldn't have made a difference in terms of record sales and concert ticket sales, in particular, in the USA.

If Slash was touring with GnR right now, it still wouldn't make a difference.

The fact is: old-GnR became irrelevant to mainstream pop culture in post-1992. Like Metallica, all 80s rock bands needed to *re-invent* themselves musically and image-wise (like cutting their hair and changing their warddrobe).

The public like GN’R with Slash. Believe it or not GN’R without Slash was a reason for a lot of people to refuse Chinese Democracy a listen.

Slash’s presence on Chinese would have unquestionably enhanced its reception. Furthermore, the music would be radically different. & a lot more compatible with the expectations of most people whose perception of GN’R is Appetite.

I don’t know how many times I’ve read comments under the report of a GN’R show with the statement “if no Slash, I’m not going”. I think you’re an imbecile if you believe Slash on tour with GN’R wouldn’t affect ticket sales positively.

The masses were enthusiastic (& that’s an understatement) for a post-Illusions album up until the departure of people like Slash and Duff. & even after there was an intrigue regarding Axl’s lone GN’R effort.

Go listen to any of Slash solo and VR records. None of them sound like GnR!

Musically, Slash is not needed at all on CD! Nobody wants to hear his cheezy 80s bluesy riffs or his over-wah-wah pentatonic soloing! That's old and boring! And it doesn't fit with the innovating and fresh sounds of CD.

The solos, riffs, beats, grooves, and rhythms on CD is some of the best and most original stuff ever put out.

And no, post-1992, GnR became irrelevant! In business terms, their market share of the rock music industry dropped significantly. They got replaced by alternative rock bands like Nirvana and Pearl Jam.

The same folks who would have cared for a post-UYI record are the same people how clamored for CD!

So once again, any claims that Slash and Duff would have made a difference to GnR success *today* does not fit with the facts!

The new blood in GnR is what has given GnR a chance to survive in today's music industry, and to continue to make more music!

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

I feel sorry for you.

I don't get how a GN'R fan can talk so much shit about Slash.

I just ran a quick search on his posts and within 2 minutes I was able to find a few posts that are the perfect example of what kind of a poster this guy is:

Hogan can *relate* better to Slash ... they have a lot more in common! They're both media and spotlight whores!

LMAO

Slash is a double-talking jive mutha-effer! LOL

If you can't see that, then there is nothing to help you.

I've LOST respect for Slash. That means, I don't buy any of Slash's products. Slash no longer gets any of my $money$.

More GnR fans should do the same!

I don't get how a GN'R fan can talk so much shit about Slash.

I just ran a quick search on his posts and within 2 minutes I was able to find a few posts that are the perfect example of what kind of a poster this guy is:

Hogan can *relate* better to Slash ... they have a lot more in common! They're both media and spotlight whores!

LMAO

Slash is a double-talking jive mutha-effer! LOL

If you can't see that, then there is nothing to help you.

I've LOST respect for Slash. That means, I don't buy any of Slash's products. Slash no longer gets any of my $money$.

More GnR fans should do the same!

Oh man...that dude just took it way too far. I never found any interest in Slash's solo work until recently. Think he's better off solo.

That is almost as bad as saying everything was Axl's fault.

At least the Axl haters have a few facts on their side. This guy has said that Slash talked smack on Axl specifically so that CD would undersell and Slash would look like a hero.

But everybody in the band was at fault. I don't get why that's so difficult to see. Communication breakdown was the root of it all.

At least the Axl haters have a few facts on their side. This guy has said that Slash talked smack on Axl specifically so that CD would undersell and Slash would look like a hero.

But everybody in the band was at fault. I don't get why that's so difficult to see. Communication breakdown was the root of it all.

+1. It was everybody's fault. Axl, Slash and Duff. I just don't get how this turned into a "Axl vs Slash" thread -- once again. :question:

+1. It was everybody's fault. Axl, Slash and Duff. I just don't get how this turned into a "Axl vs Slash" thread -- once again. :question:

Also the management and record company's fault. Plus drugs.

Plus egos.

Plus egos.

I also blame age and immaturity. In those days everyone wanted to be a rock star...all the booze, girls and drugs you can get, and play music you love even if you sound sloppy as fuck.

Today the band are made up of dudes in early to mid 40's, and all they want to do is rock the place and give people their money's worth. In those days going to a Guns N' Roses concert can kill ya.

Sorry dude. We ain't talking about the break up. We're talking about the POST-BREAKUP. Or atleast, I am. And you Slasholes+Duuffuses have nothing to support Slash's behavior POST-BREAKUP.

Slash is like the ex who left you but then doesn't let you move on and be happy. The crazy psycho ex!

Then on top of that, he does exactly the same thing and much worst then what he criticized you for!

So you can argue all you want about "who's fault it was for the breakup of old-GnR". Ultimately, it was due to CREATIVE DIFFERENCES and LACK-of-CHEMISTRY. You can't blame anybody for this. Slash wanted complete creative control and Axl wanted more from Slash and Duff that they were not capable of offering.

But what you can't argue about is Slash's words, actions, and behavior POST-BREAKUP! You can't blame Axl for that! That was all Slash!

And it's not like it was one incident either. There were many incidents!

Everything then cultivated to the incident that then ultimately lead to the breakup of VR, and even perhaps his marriage with Perla: Slash's drunken late night visit to Axl's house.

Slash even admitted to allowing his bitterness, resentment, and anger get the best of him! Which is the biggest reason why he wanted to do his bio book, so that he could finally put it all behind him and move on.

So whenever a loser like Barry Fey comes along bashing Axl, GnR, or CD, it is always because they are just your typical Slashole who thinks Axl is the bad guy and Slash is the good guy!

If it had been Slash and not Robin Finck on CD, these Slasholes would be going ape-crazy for the album! They are all just closet-CD fans! LOL

So it's my job as a *current* up-to-date GnR fan, to help Slasholes (and Duuffuses) see the light about their prostituting and double talking muthacanucking rock heroes.

There are reasons why Axl called Slash a CANCER. There are obviously good reasons why Axl would rather die than work or perform with Slash ever again. It is not a coincidence that Slash is the only ex-member, other than Matt Sorum, that Axl has not reached out to or reconciled with.

Some of those reasons can be revealed to by listening to the CD song : Sorry

You chose to hurt those that love you

And won't set them free

Everyone in the band contributed to the break up.

None of us no who contributed more. None of us know the exact reasons.

Who "we" blame the most depends on who we are a bigger fan of.

It is perfectly OK to love the old band and the new band.

Just like it is ok to not like Axl or not like the slash. The moronic thing is for slash lovers to come to a GnR forum just to bash Axl and the new band. Moronic #2 is to be obsessed with Slash.....but spend more time on a gnr forum than in the slash or VR sections. Slash haters shouldn't go to the VR section just to poke fun.

Every topic shouldn't turn into Axl vs slash.

Sorry dude. We ain't talking about the break up. We're talking about the POST-BREAKUP. Or atleast, I am. And you Slasholes+Duuffuses have nothing to support Slash's behavior POST-BREAKUP.

Slash is like the ex who left you but then doesn't let you move on and be happy. The crazy psycho ex!

Then on top of that, he does exactly the same thing and much worst then what he criticized you for!

So you can argue all you want about "who's fault it was for the breakup of old-GnR". Ultimately, it was due to CREATIVE DIFFERENCES and LACK-of-CHEMISTRY. You can't blame anybody for this. Slash wanted complete creative control and Axl wanted more from Slash and Duff that they were not capable of offering.

But what you can't argue about is Slash's words, actions, and behavior POST-BREAKUP! You can't blame Axl for that! That was all Slash!

Everything then cultivated to the incident that then ultimately lead to the breakup of VR, and even perhaps his marriage with Perla: Slash's drunken late night visit to Axl's house.

Slash even admitted to allowing his bitterness, resentment, and anger get the best of him! Which is the biggest reason why he wanted to do his bio book, so that he could finally put it all behind him and move on.

So whenever a loser like Barry Fey comes along bashing Axl, GnR, or CD, it is always because they are just your typical Slashole who thinks Axl is the bad guy and Slash is the good guy!

If it had been Slash and not Robin Finck on CD, these Slasholes would be going ape-crazy for the album! They are all just closet-CD fans! LOL

So it's my job as a *current* up-to-date GnR fan, to help Slasholes (and Duuffuses) see the light about their prostituting and double talking muthacanucking rock heroes.

There are reasons why Axl called Slash a CANCER. There are obviously good reasons why Axl would rather die than work or perform with Slash ever again. It is not a coincidence that Slash is the only ex-member, other than Matt Sorum, that Axl has not reached out to or reconciled with.

And won't set them free

I am sorry but your whole demeanor is ridiculous, just look at the quotes I pulled from your posts. You don't like the way Slash handles himself post-GNR? That's fine but that gives you absolutely no excuse to be so immature and post those things.

And won't set them free

I am sorry but your whole demeanor is ridiculous, just look at the quotes I pulled from your posts. You don't like the way Slash handles himself post-GNR? That's fine but that gives you absolutely no excuse to be so immature and post those things.

As an Axl fan, I respect Slash. He's done great things for the band, Robin and DJ have done his work justice. I don't see Buckethead and Bumblefoot as replacements, they were completely new type of members as guitar virtuoso.

I don't know this dickhead (message from France), but hey look at the following questions:

Do you still check out new music?

No.

You're pretty much done with it?

Yeah, I'm done. How old are you?

I'm 27.

Oh, you're too young. I believe that in 20 years, classic rock as it's played now will be the exact same. I don't see any new Stones, Who, any Zeppelin, Beatles, Eltons, or Morrisons.

Lol what an ass!

Poor guy stuck in the old days - let's cut his balls, this is what he deserves. Bitch. Crap. Dick. Die.