Imagine the old band getting back together

Guns n' Swedes

I think Axl has proved that his voice can still sound like his old self just listen to the Back in the Saddle cover he did with Bach.

Damn, I had actually never paid attention to that song. Why doesn't he ever sing like that? Sounds awesome! The vocals on CD is one of the reasons to why I don't like that album. Figured Axl tried to "sound Axl" but couldn't really do it the same way anymore but THESE vocals are awesome.

I think Axl has proved that his voice can still sound like his old self just listen to the Back in the Saddle cover he did with Bach.

Damn, I had actually never paid attention to that song. Why doesn't he ever sing like that? Sounds awesome! The vocals on CD is one of the reasons to why I don't like that album. Figured Axl tried to "sound Axl" but couldn't really do it the same way anymore but THESE vocals are awesome.

Yeah. He sounds great on those Sebastian tracks. That album came out in 2007 so you can safely say Axl probably recorded those vocals in 2006. A lot of people on this forum say they loved his voice in 2006 but don't like it now. He obviously had the ability to sound like that during the course of recording Chinese but chose to experiment due to personal choice.

PS: Bach is the most pathetic ham in the history of rock

Edited by Danker

Except for that it would be amazing to see them live once or twice, I can see nothing good coming out of it in terms of making a record or anything like that.

The new band are on to something I think and it feels like a new record is going to come out of it - a record that is sort of more collaborative than the last one. It feels like these guys are really becoming a unit that could stay together and keep growing.

They have that "against all odds-thing" going on in a way.

Reuniting with the old band would be very boring in many ways

I say: NO THANKS

Oh?

-No single

-No news

-No release date

-No new songs played live

-No new songs on any soundtracks

How exactly is the new band onto something again?

• 1 month later...

Yeah. He sounds great on those Sebastian tracks. That album came out in 2007 so you can safely say Axl probably recorded those vocals in 2006. A lot of people on this forum say they loved his voice in 2006 but don't like it now. He obviously had the ability to sound like that during the course of recording Chinese but chose to experiment due to personal choice.

PS: Bach is the most pathetic ham in the history of rock

A lot of the vocals on CD are from the late 90's/early 2000's. Judging by his voice on the 2002 tour, I would say he wasn't able to do the classic deep-throated Axl voice at the time of those recordings. The helium voice was in full force. His current voice sounds like a mixture of 2006 and 2002. 2010 was the best he has sounded during the CD era. He had rasp in You Could Be Mine, which is pretty much the benchmark. Even 1991 Axl would say it's one of his most difficult songs to sing. On the current tour, the helium is very present during Civil War (another very difficult, raspy vocal when he is in top form).

Except for that it would be amazing to see them live once or twice, I can see nothing good coming out of it in terms of making a record or anything like that.

The new band are on to something I think and it feels like a new record is going to come out of it - a record that is sort of more collaborative than the last one. It feels like these guys are really becoming a unit that could stay together and keep growing.

They have that "against all odds-thing" going on in a way.

Reuniting with the old band would be very boring in many ways

I say: NO THANKS

you do realize that 99% of music fans in the world want a reunion, right? It's only on these boards that people don't want to see it.

The ones that don't want to see It are the new generation of fans on this board that weren't around to see the original band. The new version of the band Is all they know.

As much as I love the original band I can't picture it. It's been almost 20 years since the last performance. Things are missing right now, even if you put Axl and Slash in a room for hours and they agree to start a reunion tour, I think they wouldn't get along like they used to in the late 80s.

On the other hand, Axl can't do that to the new members, call them 'hired hands' or whatever, but those dudes are giving their fullest to Gn'R and have supported Axl for years.

I'm sorry but this won't happen.

I think there's something to be said for leaving the old lineup buried, but there's that Brett Favre/Michael Jordan aspect of wanting to see if they still have it in them and pull it off, even if it falls flat.

We have no idea what will or won't happen in the future, neither do they. I just don't want to see some half assed cover band singing GNR on HBO in a couple of months because Axl didn't want to show.

As far as reunion tours go, that takes a lot of commitment and lawyers. A one off is a lot simpler.

I really want a reunion. The old style of GNR was amazing. Sure I would check out Chinese Democracy II if it drops but I would much rather hear something form the old band. I loved AFD and Illusions. I really like Slash and his style. Anyways, at least I can still listen to the old records. I hope for a reunion show at Hall of Fame. Maybe Slash and Axl can be friends again and get reunion tour one day.

Edited by rocker rockstar

WRONG. I've been a fan since the beginning and I don't want any reunion.

No, you weren't!

Huh?

No, you weren't!

I am confused....are you telling me I wasn't rockin' out to Appetite when I was 8-9? I didn't wait in line for fuckin' hours with my cousin for UYI when I was 11?

Wow you know my life? You have some fuckin' magic crystal ball?

Yes I do!

• 2 months later...