Axl talks about possibility of reunion

DrBrownstone

Seems like there was some stuff left out of the LA Weekly interview......?

by the way I apologize if this has already been posted, I saw the article was done about an hour ago, so I figured no one had heard yet.

http://www.nme.com/news/guns-n-roses/61104

He added: "All these managers, they all believe in one thing: sell a reunion tour and get their commission. It's just a phone call. It's a half a day's work, or however long they want to keep the bidding war going. They get their commission and they don't care if it falls on its face."

He also said if the band were to reunite, he wouldn't have former drummer Steven Adler, who recently said he was doubtful the original line-up would reform, and rhythm guitarist Izzy Stradlin on board. Surprisingly though he said he would consider joining forces with Slash despite their differences and bassist Duff McKagan, who recently supported the band on tour.

"The only thing that would make it would be Duff and Slash, really," he explained.

"It's nothing against Izzy and it's nothing against Steven, or anything like that. Steven may want it, but these guys I’m working with right now, they work really hard and it’s hard work. I've toured with the other guys and I’ve also seen what they’ve done since, and I just know the difficulties. So it’s not really even a full reunion." He also explained that he has never got on Slash ever since the band started because of a power struggle. "It was really a fight with me and Slash," he added..

"Izzy was doing the same thing, but the fight with me and Slash started the day I met him. He came in, popped my tape out and put his in and wanted me in his band. And I didn't want to join his band. We've had that war since Day 1."

Meanwhile, Rose had a fan thrown out of the band's recent show in Vancouver, Canada.

Edited by DrBrownstone

Wrong session... reunion talk belongs to the section called : "REUNION TALK"

bet it gives you a little hard-on to post that huh

Seriously. :rolleyes:

On topic, I think Axl was just thinking out loud about what members would be necessary for a hypothetical reunion tour and wouldn't look into it too much. That said, it would be cool to see members of the current lineup touring with Slash and Duff.

Edited by sofine11

Didn't realize this was already brought up in the "Axl interview" thread. I just came across it on google news and it got me really excited. I can't believe he'd actually consider doing anything with Slash, after all that's been said, and everything that's happened in the past...15 years?

lol at people who's only thing to say is "WRONG BOARD". Really man? Are you that bored? Or does it give you pride to perform an online citizens-arrest on me. keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Axl is so fucking confusing lol.... When you try to decipher what he says it makes no sense.. So his new drummers work hard but Stinson doesn't? Who knows... Personally I would love to see Axl, Slash and Duff.. That would be pretty bad ass. It is as close to seeing the classic lineup as I have ever seen anyway because I never saw them until the UYI's tour.. It just fucking blows my mind that now Izzy is the one that he wouldn't want onboard. That makes NO sense to me at all. I have had dreams of seeing Axl, Slash, Duff and IZZY play together someday. I would rather see Axl, Slash and Izzy than Axl, Slash and Duff... Axl is so perplexing lol... I never really expected Steven to be part of it. I wish he was but it ain't happening.

I am really getting the feeling that Axl and Slash are quietly mending their friendship behind closed doors.

Yeah I think it's basically Steven = addict, can't depend on him, doesn't put in the amount of work that Axl feels in adequate. Izzy = does his own thing, probably wouldn't even want to do a reunion, unless for one night, as we've seen before with his brief appearances with GNR and VR.

if steven was invited, there's no way he could be stupid enough to screw it up again for himself, is there?

Axl is so fucking confusing lol.... When you try to decipher what he says it makes no sense.. So his new drummers work hard but Stinson doesn't? Who knows... Personally I would love to see Axl, Slash and Duff.. That would be pretty bad ass. It is as close to seeing the classic lineup as I have ever seen anyway because I never saw them until the UYI's tour.. It just fucking blows my mind that now Izzy is the one that he wouldn't want onboard. That makes NO sense to me at all. I have had dreams of seeing Axl, Slash, Duff and IZZY play together someday. I would rather see Axl, Slash and Izzy than Axl, Slash and Duff... Axl is so perplexing lol... I never really expected Steven to be part of it. I wish he was but it ain't happening.

I am really getting the feeling that Axl and Slash are quietly mending their friendship behind closed doors.

starting when eddie trunk said that slash says they've actually been cool lately, it seems that the strong "i hate slash" stance that axl has given off over the last 10 years has completely loosened up. whether or not he's nostalgic or they've actually spoken is anyone's guess.

lol at people who's only thing to say is "WRONG BOARD". Really man? Are you that bored? Or does it give you pride to perform an online citizens-arrest on me. keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Man please, you know exactly why I said that.

Within a few posts it will be Axl vs Slash all over again. If this thread stays in the right section, you guys can talk about a reunion amongst reunionists as long as you want without being bothered by "Axl-nuthuggers".

I'm no mod, but that would be logical for this thread to be moved.

As far as the topic of this thread goes, LOL @ people believing a reunion will happen.

Axl was clear, 2012 will be all current GnR and he fired 2 managers this year because they wanted to force a reunion.

Within a few posts it will be Axl vs Slash all over again. If this thread stays in the right section, you guys can talk about a reunion amongst reunionists as long as you want without being bothered by "Axl-nuthuggers".

As far as the topic of this thread goes, LOL @ people believing a reunion will happen.

Axl was clear, 2012 will be all current GnR and he fired 2 managers this year because they wanted to force a reunion.

i dont "believe" it will happen. but it's been my one and only dream for 15 years.

Well... Axl's thinking clearly at least. Anyone who thinks Steven Adler and Izzy Stradlin' could successfully make it through an extended GUNS N' ROSES tour need their heads examined IMHO. Adler's a recovering addict and ticking timebomb in all regards and Izzy could disappear to New Zealand or the North Pole at literally any minute leaving them high and dry. I can't imagine Axl's chomping at the bit to play with Sorum either. So at best- it would have to be a Frankenstein-hybrid type combo of Current Guns and Old Guns. Something like: Axl, Slash, Duff and Dizzy with Richard and Frank. Bumblefoot and Chris would need to come along too if they wanted to even to attempt to play the Chinese material IMHO.

At any rate- I'm with Axl. Probably would be a great show/line-up- but it wouldn't be the REUNION folks have in mind at all. Best to just keep on plowin' ahead with the great band that's in place...

Take the stick out already will ya

Well... Axl's thinking clearly at least. Anyone who thinks Steven Adler and Izzy Stradlin' could successfully make it through an extended GUNS N' ROSES tour need their heads examined IMHO. Adler's a recovering addict and ticking timebomb in all regards and Izzy could disappear to New Zealand or the North Pole at literally any minute leaving them high and dry. I can't imagine Axl's chomping at the bit to play with Sorum either. So at best- it would have to be a Frankenstein-hybrid type combo of Current Guns and Old Guns. Something like: Axl, Slash, Duff and Dizzy with Richard and Frank. Bumblefoot and Chris would need to come along too if they wanted to even to attempt to play the Chinese material IMHO.

At any rate- I'm with Axl. Probably would be a great show/line-up- but it wouldn't be the REUNION folks have in mind at all. Best to just keep on plowin' ahead with the great band that's in place...

Axls clearly pissed off at izzy for something...guy shows up to shit less than axl, so why would anyone wanna tour with that bum??

Izzy u did too many drugs bro get help son!!! :fuckyou:

Great post man.

Im old skool GNR...in a way we all are here being honest. GNR is based on the legend, hell we all know that but there is no doubt that the current line up at present ..is the best live band touring right now. To me is the future of GNR. I thing if Guns were to reunite would be a disaster. Like getting back with an old missus.... = not gonna work!!! :-)

Im happy to have witnessed old classic GNR, but I really think the current band fits, its GNR now.

No reunion I say...New Guns fuckin rock

Edited by CivilWar07

Well... Axl's thinking clearly at least. Anyone who thinks Steven Adler and Izzy Stradlin' could successfully make it through an extended GUNS N' ROSES tour need their heads examined IMHO.

I don't think he was talking about an "extended" tour, I understand they may regroup for the RNHF only. Maybe they'll play there and that's all