Axl talks about possibility of reunion

DrBrownstone

That ain't no fucking reunion. They are probably just better not having anything to do with Axl, cuz he is obviously the one trying to play mind games and be in control of everything(dictatorship). Slash and Duff will probably still do it for the money though.

lol at people who's only thing to say is "WRONG BOARD". Really man? Are you that bored? Or does it give you pride to perform an online citizens-arrest on me. keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Man please, you know exactly why I said that.

Within a few posts it will be Axl vs Slash all over again. If this thread stays in the right section, you guys can talk about a reunion amongst reunionists as long as you want without being bothered by "Axl-nuthuggers".

I'm no mod, but that would be logical for this thread to be moved.

As far as the topic of this thread goes, LOL @ people believing a reunion will happen.

Axl was clear, 2012 will be all current GnR and he fired 2 managers this year because they wanted to force a reunion.

Wow this is great news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not a full reunion far from it, but at least a step in the right direction.

Even a reconciliation between Axl and Slash would be a great thing in my book.

As for moving it to the reunion section can if you want to, but as this clearly would affect the current GnR line-up surely its relvant here too?

he fired 2 managers this year because they wanted to force a reunion.

He said that they wanted to force a reunion, cash in and didn't care if it failed and fell flat on it's face. Maybe he would do it if he had the right management that he knew was looking out for him and the band.

isnt it funny how NME has an article insinuating a reunion and it has a really good pic of axl at the top, but most of the previous articles about him have awful pictures and talk about how he is keeping the name and the 'only surviving member' etc it's like hard rock proper-gander

I thought that too.

Had a good picture of Axl and a bad one of Slash.

Seems like there was some stuff left out of the LA Weekly interview......?

by the way I apologize if this has already been posted, I saw the article was done about an hour ago, so I figured no one had heard yet.

http://www.nme.com/news/guns-n-roses/61104

He added: "All these managers, they all believe in one thing: sell a reunion tour and get their commission. It's just a phone call. It's a half a day's work, or however long they want to keep the bidding war going. They get their commission and they don't care if it falls on its face."

He also said if the band were to reunite, he wouldn't have former drummer Steven Adler, who recently said he was doubtful the original line-up would reform, and rhythm guitarist Izzy Stradlin on board. Surprisingly though he said he would consider joining forces with Slash despite their differences and bassist Duff McKagan, who recently supported the band on tour.

"The only thing that would make it would be Duff and Slash, really," he explained.

"It's nothing against Izzy and it's nothing against Steven, or anything like that. Steven may want it, but these guys I’m working with right now, they work really hard and it’s hard work. I've toured with the other guys and I’ve also seen what they’ve done since, and I just know the difficulties. So it’s not really even a full reunion." He also explained that he has never got on Slash ever since the band started because of a power struggle. "It was really a fight with me and Slash," he added..

"Izzy was doing the same thing, but the fight with me and Slash started the day I met him. He came in, popped my tape out and put his in and wanted me in his band. And I didn't want to join his band. We've had that war since Day 1."

Meanwhile, Rose had a fan thrown out of the band's recent show in Vancouver, Canada.

Hello to all from Spain! its my first time here and i hope to stay here for a long time!.BTW ...did i read right???Its Axl Rose saying that in the case of reunion he would work with SLASH? is the interview false or the names had been placed wrong?.

Axl is so fucking confusing lol.... When you try to decipher what he says it makes no sense.. So his new drummers work hard but Stinson doesn't? Who knows... Personally I would love to see Axl, Slash and Duff.. That would be pretty bad ass. It is as close to seeing the classic lineup as I have ever seen anyway because I never saw them until the UYI's tour.. It just fucking blows my mind that now Izzy is the one that he wouldn't want onboard. That makes NO sense to me at all. I have had dreams of seeing Axl, Slash, Duff and IZZY play together someday. I would rather see Axl, Slash and Izzy than Axl, Slash and Duff... Axl is so perplexing lol... I never really expected Steven to be part of it. I wish he was but it ain't happening.

I am really getting the feeling that Axl and Slash are quietly mending their friendship behind closed doors.

Steven is a good drumer,but if you see this video youll see how to fuck up an awesome intro

did just watch couple of songs (Chinese Democracy and WTTJ) from LA gig n Frank really seems to be grrrrreat drummer, so if reunion without Steven I gonna admit Frank would be almost better on drums than Matt... And in case Izzy wouldnt wanna reunion then Richard would be more than perfect replacement for Izzy. Maybe with Frank n Richard n Dizzy Axl would feel more comfortable also :-D In case reunion with Axl, Slash n Duff happens I hope they would do worldtour so fans in Europe, Japan, Australia etc would be able to c grrrreatest rock n roll tour ever :-) They maybe would play some songs from Illusion n Appetite n Lies n Spaghetti era that havent much ever been played live :-) Would be superhypercool hear Axl, Slash n Duff n co doing live songs like Raw Power, Hair of the Dog, Black Leather... Garden of Eden, Dont damn me. grrrreat wouldn it?

dd

Seems like there was some stuff left out of the LA Weekly interview......?

by the way I apologize if this has already been posted, I saw the article was done about an hour ago, so I figured no one had heard yet.

http://www.nme.com/news/guns-n-roses/61104

He added: "All these managers, they all believe in one thing: sell a reunion tour and get their commission. It's just a phone call. It's a half a day's work, or however long they want to keep the bidding war going. They get their commission and they don't care if it falls on its face."

He also said if the band were to reunite, he wouldn't have former drummer Steven Adler, who recently said he was doubtful the original line-up would reform, and rhythm guitarist Izzy Stradlin on board. Surprisingly though he said he would consider joining forces with Slash despite their differences and bassist Duff McKagan, who recently supported the band on tour.

"The only thing that would make it would be Duff and Slash, really," he explained.

"It's nothing against Izzy and it's nothing against Steven, or anything like that. Steven may want it, but these guys I’m working with right now, they work really hard and it’s hard work. I've toured with the other guys and I’ve also seen what they’ve done since, and I just know the difficulties. So it’s not really even a full reunion." He also explained that he has never got on Slash ever since the band started because of a power struggle. "It was really a fight with me and Slash," he added..

"Izzy was doing the same thing, but the fight with me and Slash started the day I met him. He came in, popped my tape out and put his in and wanted me in his band. And I didn't want to join his band. We've had that war since Day 1."

Meanwhile, Rose had a fan thrown out of the band's recent show in Vancouver, Canada.

Hello to all from Spain! its my first time here and i hope to stay here for a long time!.BTW ...did i read right???Its Axl Rose saying that in the case of reunion he would work with SLASH? is the interview false or the names had been placed wrong?.

Not sure why managers would have anything to do with a reunion unless they were planning to tour. All they have to do is get in the same room and talk about what songs to play for a one-off. I think Axl still feels some bitterness towards Adler for more personal reasons, and with Slash, he's getting into that pissy "who did what" stuff Roger Waters still does when he talks about The Wall era. I think some things Slash said after leaving the band and in interviews spun him up, but to me, that's no different than a Jagger-Richards feud.

He's maligning Slash, which is kind of the same thing Roger Waters did with Rick Wright and Nick Mason, but it's that petty "who did what in the studio" crap that really doesn't matter to the fanbase, as much as the results. They've all had detailed accounts on the making of Appetite and Illusions,so read the different sides to the story and judge for yourself.

I do get the impression that GNR isn't going to be another Van Halen debacle, and odds are pretty good that they'll be on stage for the award part of it. Odds are, if GNR do perform, it's going to be the current band, not the AFD or UYI lineup. Will people bitch about it? Absolutely. But I think Axl wants to have the control over the music part of it. And what's Wenner going to do, tell him no, it has to be the original band? He's not stupid, he's going to let Axl do WTF he wants.

I also think it's going to be Axl's way of letting everyone know it's still his band by making his former bandmates watch from the sidelines, or in the audience. But I know what they're going to say - this is the first time we've seen GNR. Or they're going to go take a piss...

To me, Adler is the only one who is going to potentially stir things up. If he just says his thanks to his former bandmates, hopefully that's all he'll wind up saying. I see him crying though.

To me, Axl should do a few songs with the current band, maybe have Elton play November Rain, but towards the end of the event, reunite the original lineup and do WTTJ and PC back to back and just watch the look of shock on the crowd's faces. Then the finale jam session would happen.

If you remember the Rock Honors with KISS - Ace wound up playing with Scott Ian and I think Slash was a part of it, too, but posed for photos with Gene and Paul.

I can't believe that this was moved to the "Reunion Talk" section. This isn't your typical reunion talk - this is AXL HIMSELF for the first time in 20 years saying that he would be willing to tour with Slash.

If Eric himself moved it here, I can't really say anything about it because it is his forum but if it was a mod, SHAME ON YOU. :thumbsdown:

This thread belongs in the discussion and news section and the bias against the original lineup is sickening.

Edited by Kasanova King

I think it's because a large portion of this board, Mods included, are very biased against Slash, and anything regarding him being posted on the main board gets immediately moved. They'll swear up and down that that's not true, but I'm pretty sure it is. I mean, like you said, this is AXL HIMSELF talking about a reunion, for what I'm pretty sure is the first time, maybe EVER....so I'm blown away that it's dismissed as "reunion talk". Oh well.. :shrugs:

I am pretty sure Axl meant this hypothetically. In the same article he also said he and Slash were at war since day one when Slash played a demo of his and wanted Axl to sing this stuff and Axl said he didn't want to be in his band. He'd probably let Slash rejoin the band in a heartbeat if he agreed to do his music and let him contribute to his ideas. Slash seems upset with keeping his music pure, he blamed Scott for Velvet Revolver's hiatus because Scott couldn't just keep his ideas to himself. Slash would only play with Axl if Axl just shuts up and sing.

By the way, I am sure the mods just want to keep the main forum from descending into Axl vs. Slash debates. Since the topic is on a reunion then it is in the right place in this section.

Edited by BirdCatcher

Axl is so fucking confusing lol.... When you try to decipher what he says it makes no sense.. So his new drummers work hard but Stinson doesn't? Who knows... Personally I would love to see Axl, Slash and Duff.. That would be pretty bad ass. It is as close to seeing the classic lineup as I have ever seen anyway because I never saw them until the UYI's tour.. It just fucking blows my mind that now Izzy is the one that he wouldn't want onboard. That makes NO sense to me at all. I have had dreams of seeing Axl, Slash, Duff and IZZY play together someday. I would rather see Axl, Slash and Izzy than Axl, Slash and Duff... Axl is so perplexing lol... I never really expected Steven to be part of it. I wish he was but it ain't happening.

I am really getting the feeling that Axl and Slash are quietly mending their friendship behind closed doors.

starting when eddie trunk said that slash says they've actually been cool lately, it seems that the strong "i hate slash" stance that axl has given off over the last 10 years has completely loosened up. whether or not he's nostalgic or they've actually spoken is anyone's guess.

I don't think he's completely gotten over some of Slash's comments, but I think after reading the book and finding nothing in there that put him in a bad light, had to have helped. It's not the bloodiest band feud of all time, and just a lot of griping the way Roger Waters does about members of Pink Floyd. They put their differences aside, and both Gilmour and Waters are a lot more friendlier now, but that doesn't mean they're going to forget the feuds. When it comes to things like Glee or anything to do with box sets, making ofs, and deluxe editions, you'd want all members to take part in it. Springsteen even had the manager that he battled in court for 2 years in his documentary, and that was really ugly, but people eventually get past that ugliness the more it's put in the past.

That's how I see Slash and Axl in the future... no more journalists doing "Slash said this" and "Axl said that" to stir up drama. But I think Axl has a bigger grudge against Adler, but he knows the guy has had a pretty hard time since GNR.

I can't believe that this was moved to the "Reunion Talk" section. This isn't your typical reunion talk - this is AXL HIMSELF for the first time in 20 years saying that he would be willing to tour with Slash.

If Eric himself moved it here, I can't really say anything about it because it is his forum but if it was a mod, SHAME ON YOU. :thumbsdown:

This thread belongs in the discussion and news section and the bias against the original lineup is sickening.

True it's pretty stupid.

It seems like If Axl announced there would 100% be a reunion after the Hall of Fame that thread would be moved here too...

It's news, sorry if it's news that involves the old band but it's news related to Axl and GNR.

I think it's because a large portion of this board, Mods included, are very biased against Slash, and anything regarding him being posted on the main board gets immediately moved. They'll swear up and down that that's not true, but I'm pretty sure it is. I mean, like you said, this is AXL HIMSELF talking about a reunion, for what I'm pretty sure is the first time, maybe EVER....so I'm blown away that it's dismissed as "reunion talk". Oh well.. :shrugs:

It was moved to Reunion Talk because it's not news though, it's speculation. Axl never said a reunion would happen, he discussed what would go down if one were to happen. If he flat out said "Yes, there will be a reunion" things would be different.

I've cleaned this up as well...no need for flinging shit at one another. If the name-calling continues, I'll issue formal warnings, level increases, etc.

It's not news, but it's current new discussion. It is hypothetical, hypothetical reunion speculation by Axl himself. If you want to make the "news" section just about literal news you should certainly move:

- Has you opinion on DJ Ashba changed since '09?

- what axl could have been

- just watch rio 2001 again

and almost all the other topics on the main page.

Just admit it, it was moved here because it's about a reunion and that's blasphemy on the board. If Axl had said "maybe if there was a new album it will be more electronic" that would be allowed on the main page, even though it's not certain, but "maybe if there was a reunion it would involve these people, and not these" that's not main forum worthy? What's the difference if both involve GNR and came from Axl's mouth? There isn't any.

lol

We have a sub-forum for reunion talk, whereas we don't have a sub-forum for any of those afore-mentioned topics. If you have an issue with the content of a particular section on the board, take it up with a moderator on that section.

Right, but the band is GNR, regardless of what lineup it is. So Axl discussing the possibility of a reunion is basically him discussing the future of GNR which is sort of news. I thought the reunion section was created to throw all those worthless speculation threads everyone was making away from the news section. Now the lines are getting blurred.

Would be real cool to have Slash and Duff in GNR again. Not sure it would ever happen again. I am a huge fan of the reunion idea since I loved the old GNR. This is the first I have heard Axl talk positively about Slash in a long time. Even if they don't reunite it is good that maybe they can be friends again. It is positive that Duff has been opening GNR with Loaded. Maybe Duff can help bridge a friendship between Axl and the other members of old GNR.

Edited by rocker rockstar

It's not news, but it's current new discussion. It is hypothetical, hypothetical reunion speculation by Axl himself. If you want to make the "news" section just about literal news you should certainly move:

- Has you opinion on DJ Ashba changed since '09?

- what axl could have been

- just watch rio 2001 again

and almost all the other topics on the main page.

Just admit it, it was moved here because it's about a reunion and that's blasphemy on the board. If Axl had said "maybe if there was a new album it will be more electronic" that would be allowed on the main page, even though it's not certain, but "maybe if there was a reunion it would involve these people, and not these" that's not main forum worthy? What's the difference if both involve GNR and came from Axl's mouth? There isn't any.

lol

While I agree - I think Axl and/or fans have been driven mad by this band, and deserve a haven where Axl worship can be allowed. Otherwise, where they gonna do it?

Would be real cool to have Slash and Duff in GNR again. Not sure it would ever happen again. I am a huge fan of the reunion idea since I loved the old GNR. This is the first I have heard Axl talk positively about Slash in a long time. Even if they don't reunite it is good that maybe they can be friends again. It is positive that Duff has been opening GNR with Loaded. Maybe Duff can help bridge a friendship between Axl and the other members of old GNR.

I think Axl's built that feud up to be far worse than it should have ever been. No one's expecting them to be buddy buddy, when they never really were that tight in the first place. Slash wrote what his experiences were with him, they had some good times together, and it came to an end.

Slash Duff, Izzy, and Steven are pretty much just lettiing Axl do what he wants as far as the induction goes & the music goes.

Shit, if Mariah Carey and Tommy Mottola could be fine at the RRHOF post breakup, this should be a cakewalk. Sean Penn giving a Madonna an award years after they broke up? ABBA at the Mamma Mia premiere? Billy Joel and 2 ex-wives showing up to support him at his concerts? Those were marriages and were able to be cool towards each other.

I think lowered expectations of a reunion makes the likelihood of it happening pretty good. You can't force them to do it or write a blank check and expect that to be the reason. We have to remember on reunion tour discussions, it's usually a 2 year commitment from the time they sign the paper to rehearsals, to stage design, to the last note of the tour.

To me, a reunion tour is more about whether or not the band still "has it" as a unit, and bringing it to a new generation. We also have to remember that they also pour money into the stage show, unless it's Simon and Garfunkel. I took a pass on it because I already saw Paul for cheap.

• 2 weeks later...

Im convinced at some point in the future Slash and Axl will bury the hatchet and possibly perform on stage again. I think whether or not that happens in the next 2/3 years hinges on how Aprils events unfold...

I think Axl appreciates theres an enormous desire to see him and Slash share the stage again and I think hes human enough to empathise with the fans and want to give them what they want. He will never turn his back on the current line up- but I dont think he views the current line up as being set in stone. I mean how strange to have Duff to perform with them in recent years.

Axls recent comments regarding the Hall of Fame were extremely intriguing. It would have been so easy for him to categorically dismiss it. But he didnt.

Roll on April.

• 2 weeks later...

The loss of Izzy is part of the reason GNR broke up. Slash needs someone he can write with. Slash found Gilby but Axl fired him. Slash can write well with Izzy and their guitar parts go together really well.

It is interesting that Axl would even talk about this subject even if he is just thinking and not taking it too seriously.

Edited by rocker rockstar