What did you think of the Vegas performance??

There Was A Time

I think Axl sounds phenomenal when he wants too. It seems during some songs he just mails it in and doesnt put full effort. How can you sound so atrocious on rq ycbm til and then pull out epic performances of Civil War Nightrain Maddy Patience Jungle etc. I just dont get it :shrugs:

Rocket Queen, You Could Be Mine, and This I Love are some of the hardest GN'R songs to sing, that's how. They don't require the aggression that Nightrain, Jungle, etc. need, but they're up in the stratosphere for the vocals the entire time.

And for the record, I think last night is one of the worst versions of Jungle I've heard from this tour.

I think Axl sounds phenomenal when he wants too. It seems during some songs he just mails it in and doesnt put full effort. How can you sound so atrocious on rq ycbm til and then pull out epic performances of Civil War Nightrain Maddy Patience Jungle etc. I just dont get it :shrugs:

Rocket Queen, You Could Be Mine, and This I Love are some of the hardest GN'R songs to sing, that's how. They don't require the aggression that Nightrain, Jungle, etc. need, but they're up in the stratosphere for the vocals the entire time.

And for the record, I think last night is one of the worst versions of Jungle I've heard from this tour.

The 2nd half or rq i could see him havin trouble with the range but theres no need for mickey during the 1st half of the song.

The 2nd half or rq i could see him havin trouble with the range but theres no need for mickey during the 1st half of the song.

The pre-chorus is damn high. Most of Axl's high parts fall somewhere in my own falsetto range, but some of the notes in the pre-chorus are well outside what I can sing.

Regarding the clean voice, I'll say what I've said before. I don't doubt that Axl can use more rasp, but he isn't as precautionary step. Regardless of how good it sounds, a raspy voice is detrimental to the vocal cords. Singers like Ronnie James Dio, Bruce Dickinson, Joey Belladonna, and Rob Halford have very clean voices; this is why they're still able to maintain their voices so well at their respective ages. My opinion is that Axl is using his clean voice intentionally, so that his voice stays intact longer.

The pre-chorus is damn high. Most of Axl's high parts fall somewhere in my own falsetto range, but some of the notes in the pre-chorus are well outside what I can sing.

Regarding the clean voice, I'll say what I've said before. I don't doubt that Axl can use more rasp, but he isn't as precautionary step. Regardless of how good it sounds, a raspy voice is detrimental to the vocal cords. Singers like Ronnie James Dio, Bruce Dickinson, Joey Belladonna, and Rob Halford have very clean voices; this is why they're still able to maintain their voices so well at their respective ages. My opinion is that Axl is using his clean voice intentionally, so that his voice stays intact longer.

I believe this to be true. Songs like Jungle or Nightrain still sound just as raspy as 2010. If he sang with the clean voice the whole show then there might be a stronger argument that he's lost his voice. There's no way his voice would change that much in a year. I've said elsewhere that I think Axl really hurt his voice in 2010 and realized he had to make a change and couldn't keep singing as raspy as he did. He reserves it for some songs and not others. He usually finds a good balance, though admittedly sometimes it falls flat in terms of power. I don't think it sounds as "Mickey Mouse" as some people like to think, just different.

i agree 100 percent axls raspy orginal vocal style is very damaging brian johnson is the same way and if bon would have lived he would have had voice issues i believe, axl is trying to preserve his voice and it still sounds great just different