Guitar backing guitar track in live Chinese Democracy intro?

SeBaZ

^ You're right. The backing track is definitely a little off. Ashba probably fell off time with the click, it happens.

Nonetheless, it's still Ashba's playing on the right. There'd be no point in miming to power chords. If that were the case, he might as well not come out on stage until the main riff kicks in.

There's a backing guitar track on Jungle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGUMbFabQUk

Axl asks the band to extend part of the song so he can talk to the crowd, which throws the backing track off.

Listen to 2:50 to 4:00.

That's not a backing track. The high guitar that comes in at 2:50 is the part DJ plays under Axl's "Yeah!" scream but he obviously came in too early. He was probably just confused about how many times they were repeating it, or he just messed it up. Either way, it's not a backing track.

Edited by Paul Stanley

I'm telling everyone, listen to the video in the original post with headphones on. You can tell it's really DJ on the right and the left is clearly the studio track as it is identical. The live mix is much different than the iClips mix, as that part (the backing track) is never as loud as it is here.

I can listen to that, of course. And, like I said, it sounds a lot like the processed guitar layer from the album. Its just something to add a different texture when he does the slides (changing the tone), but very subtle. Obviously, it was too loud in the streaming mix.

^ You're right. The backing track is definitely a little off. Ashba probably fell off time with the click, it happens.

Nonetheless, it's still Ashba's playing on the right. There'd be no point in miming to power chords. If that were the case, he might as well not come out on stage until the main riff kicks in.

There's a backing guitar track on Jungle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGUMbFabQUk

Axl asks the band to extend part of the song so he can talk to the crowd, which throws the backing track off.

Listen to 2:50 to 4:00.

That's not a backing track. The high guitar that comes in at 2:50 is the part DJ plays under Axl's "Yeah!" scream but he obviously came in too early. He was probably just confused about how many times they were repeating it, or he just messed it up. Either way, it's not a backing track.

anyone notice that ashba leaves the stage at 2:14, and return at 4:16?

Edited by SeBaZ

backing vocals

There are quite a few times where Axl obviously has backing vocals and it makes me wonder how much of it is there on the sogns he sounds best in since he's all over the place form song to song. A lot of songs have his voice echoing and whatnot, so obviously some abcking vocals going on.

A lot of the "backing vocals" are actual back up singing from Dizzy/Chris/Ron/Tommy. I think Shackler's is the only one that keeps an actual backing track of Axl singing now, and just for the demon voice when he sings the higher parts. Up until this tour Chinese had them too, but everything is now sung live by band members.

The echo is from an echo effect that all singers use to make their voice sound a little fuller, not from a backing track.

A lot of the "backing vocals" are actual back up singing from Dizzy/Chris/Ron/Tommy. I think Shackler's is the only one that keeps an actual backing track of Axl singing now, and just for the demon voice when he sings the higher parts. Up until this tour Chinese had them too, but everything is now sung live by band members.

The echo is from an echo effect that all singers use to make their voice sound a little fuller, not from a backing track.

I don't think he's using backing tracks on Shackler's anymore. He's clearly singing the low parts now... in Maddy you can hear the backing tracks in the end though.