Axl ripping on Cobain

Snowmass

I really love that rant. As much as I dig and appreciate Nirvana's music, Kurt Cobain the individual was a self absorbed ass in the worst way possible, and look where it got him. Meanwhile our man Axl, somebody a lot of people love to hate (and most of whom would tell you Kurt Cobain was a god among men), is still living the dream. At the end of the day what matters more? Your selfish perception of integrity or still being able to walk, breath, and live your life as you would like to? It's just such a waste of a beautiful talent, I'll never be able to understand why people worship a person like Kurt Cobain, great musician or not.

Hilarious. So right...Axl is "living the dream" and where is what's his name?.....oh that's right, he's basically in our "ass"....as he blew his own head off 'cause life was so "tough" being a rock star sell out with millions $$$. LOL

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At the end of the day......Cobain sucked ass. Or as Axl would say "sucked dick ". Good riddance. What a shit stain he was......

WtF is wrong with you? I can't tell the cupcakes from the legit helmet wearers at all anymore... <_<

What does cupcake mean? And why is saying how awesome Axl is (vs some has been who blew own head off) such a problem with you? Axl is so above what Cobain thought he was. Go cupcake some Nirvana board.

As far as I can tell from your posts, your intention is to make GNR fans look as witless as possible, so the person trolling the wrong board is you. Unless of course, you really are this stupid, in which case...gee that's harsh, too bad! :(

Edited by Angelica

I really love that rant. As much as I dig and appreciate Nirvana's music, Kurt Cobain the individual was a self absorbed ass in the worst way possible, and look where it got him. Meanwhile our man Axl, somebody a lot of people love to hate (and most of whom would tell you Kurt Cobain was a god among men), is still living the dream. At the end of the day what matters more? Your selfish perception of integrity or still being able to walk, breath, and live your life as you would like to? It's just such a waste of a beautiful talent, I'll never be able to understand why people worship a person like Kurt Cobain, great musician or not.

Hilarious. So right...Axl is "living the dream" and where is what's his name?.....oh that's right, he's basically in our "ass"....as he blew his own head off 'cause life was so "tough" being a rock star sell out with millions $$$. LOL

People remember him because he was a brilliant songwriter, but what I find interesting about the Kurt Cobain story is how it reminds us these "larger than life" characters pop culture portrays are also regular human beings. We don't like to think it's true, but even great artists who inspire us are perfectly capable of being selfish pieces of shit weak enough to opt out and leave their "loved ones" behind. Reality is a dirty nasty thing, romanticism is just an illusion, at least we can thank Kurt for being proof of that.

I think I remember reading Axl instructed the drum tech to make the drums sound like Dave Grohl's in Smells Like Teen Spirit. Does anyone remember which article I'm talking about?

I think it was around the time when Josh was drumming on the title track.

Nirvana - their music was grerat, and thats all that matters to me.

Too bad he had to go and top himself. Nirvana were at their peek around then, who knows what might have followed.

The same goes to Blind Melon. Two great bands, two dead lead singers.

One thing is (almost) for sure, I doubt either Kurt or Shannon would have got their band *mates* to sign a 'hand over the band name to me or else' contract prior to taking to the stage. I guess thats what separates Axl Rose from the rest.

Edited by vaida

I think I remember reading Axl instructed the drum tech to make the drums sound like Dave Grohl's in Smells Like Teen Spirit. Does anyone remember which article I'm talking about?

I think it was around the time when Josh was drumming on the title track.

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?pid=55611#p55611

'I've been only asking that for, like, six fucking months!' :rofl-lol:

kobain didnt top himself, his horrid waste of skin wife had him murdered - or so i read on the internet! (so it must be true)

but his music was depressing, smells like was ok but the rest is no where near as good as GNR, compare there first albums and i bet 9/10 people would rate AFD better than Nevermind. if he hated his life that bad he should have done an axl and become a recluse, until his music became something else, like the late 90's pop era and 00's dance era. he could have lived his life the way he wanted, but i supposed the millions of dollers were just too much for him,

then again if i had to live with ms. love i think i would top myself as well

As stewie would say...dam u Vile woman

Edited by lukeaxl

kobain didnt top himself, his horrid waste of skin wife had him murdered - or so i read on the internet! (so it must be true)

but his music was depressing, smells like was ok but the rest is no where near as good as GNR, compare there first albums and i bet 9/10 people would rate AFD better than Nevermind. if he hated his life that bad he should have done an axl and become a recluse, until his music became something else, like the late 90's pop era and 00's dance era. he could have lived his life the way he wanted, but i supposed the millions of dollers were just too much for him,

Depressing/sad music does certainly have a place though.

One thing is (almost) for sure, I doubt either Kurt or Shannon would have got their band *mates* to sign a 'hand over the band name to me or else' contract prior to taking to the stage. I guess thats what separates Axl Rose from the rest.

One thing is certain: Axl never went to his bandmates after they hit it big and demanded that his royalties be increased from 33% to 75% and demanded that it be retroactive to the band's biggest moneymaking album, nearly causing the band to break up.

I guess that's what separates Kurt Cobain from the rest.

People on here seem like mindless drones sometimes. If Axl doesn't like something you don't like it, if the praises something it's the best thing ever. Fucking fans.

Both were great bands in my opinion, you may not like their music and that's OK. No one commits suicide lightly, show SOME respect.

Axl loved Nevermind, he might not have liked Kurt but he liked the music. Music is all that what matters.

People on here seem like mindless drones sometimes. If Axl doesn't like something you don't like it, if the praises something it's the best thing ever. Fucking fans.

Both were great bands in my opinion, you may not like their music and that's OK. No one commits suicide lightly, show SOME respect.

Axl loved Nevermind, he might not have liked Kurt but he liked the music. Music is all that what matters.

Good for Axl. Don't enjoy Nirvana music. Dislike Nirvana fans. Hate how the media treats Nirvana. And also dislike Kurt as a person.

Courtney threatened people, but she was and is as self destructive as he was. She might have driven him insane at times but never really thought she would've gone and hired a hit man. If you want conspiracies though - Kristen Pfaff from her band died a month or two later, and that's what makes both deaths a conspiracy.

You can get into a whole discussion about Axl and Kurt on who the better songwriter was or is.

Oh, FFS, *seriously*!?! Kurt rejected Axl's praise and overtures of friendship, that's why Axl "hated" him. He knew how talented he was, he was pimping the band and Nevermind all over the place before that. :rofl-lol:

You're not defending the dickhead (Cobain) are you? Dude sucked ass...we all knew it and Axl knew it! What a dick he was. Shit ass boring music. All he did was bitch and whine. Axl wrote about chicks and partying....Kurt was oh so "serious".....ohhhh. So cool.....NOT!

This seems really important to you.

One thing is certain: Axl never went to his bandmates after they hit it big and demanded that his royalties be increased from 33% to 75% and demanded that it be retroactive to the band's biggest moneymaking album, nearly causing the band to break up.

Boom! Snap! Hats off to you sir. I remember reading about this but wasn't sure about the specifics. So much for Kurt not caring for money and the rest of it... He was a fucken phoney.

Edited by Young_Gun

Boom! Snap! Hats off to you sir. I remember reading about this but wasn't sure about the specifics. So much for Kurt not caring for money and the rest of it... He was a fucken phoney.

Where the fuck is Vaida now?

Perry Farrell was in the middle of recording "Nothings Shocking" with Janes and wanted 62 percent, or the band would come to an end. I just think when it comes to people doing most of the songwriting, they have more of an argument, but it creates problems.

ouch!

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

I like Nirvana. Regarding Kurt’s “preoccupation” with cash, I don’t think he could believe it either. Hence the emptiness in his life which led to Cobain putting a firearm to his own skull and pulling the trigger.

I don’t think it’s acceptable or right to criticize man who shot himself for his own sins. That was the ultimate price.

It's just the way things pan out... Axl came along and royally 'out-rockstar'd' the rockstars. Freddie Mercury tribute co.concert, Axl was the big dog in a show full of rock royalty.

But things changed

There was no rock star that could out Axl, Axl. But a 'non rock star' could... Cue Kurt Cobain. Came along and fucked it all upside the head and literally made Axl and his like seem totally redundant for years on end.

People may disagree, but that's the way most see it. Kurt trumped a prime Axl. anything an aging Axl does will also always be trumped by an eternally young Kurt.

LA

This is such a false premise. People enjoy rewriting history. Kurt Cobain didn't usher in some grand movement that made Axl seem like the old guard. Illusions tour was tremendously popular years into Nevermind's release. In fact, the Illusions records were the bigger deal the same year Nevermind released.

Seattle movement was there ready to explode. Duff mentions it in the book, that the scene had its root in the '80s already before record companies caught wind and started marketing them. Nirvana was chosen as the poster child for the movement with their radio-friendly pop songs, (particularly "Smells Like Teen Spirit"). They marketed angst to all these bullshit teenagers (me included). As Kurt said himself in the opening track on In Utero, "Teenage angst has paid off well. Now I'm bored and old." He was too afraid to lose his little indie cred. Kurt picked a fight with the biggest dog in the yard because he was struggling with Nirvana's success and didn't wanna be deemed a sellout. He wasn't a sellout, but he was a huge poser.

I don't know if I agree with this statement.

I think Kurt was more similar to Axl than he ever would have liked to be. There were reports he wanted to move away from the grunge sound and/or leave Nirvana altogether. And really, let's be honest, Nirvana seems like it was as much of a dictatorship as the current Gn'R. It was about one guy, and that was the frontman. Nirvana was Kurt's vision. Why didn't Dave Grohl play more of a hand in writing songs, for example? We all know he's capable.