Bon Jovi Fans Ripping on Axl Rose for Ripping on Bon Jovi

TeeJay410

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny. When I was in high school, it wasn't "cool" to listen to Bon Jovi if you were one of the rocker kids.

Today, 25 years later, it apparently still isn't "coo" to like the band.

It was cool at my school to like BJ. Slippery was huge. But Bon Jovi was actually a rock band back then. Arena rock perhaps, but you could say they were rock.

Maybe my school was a little lamer than some!

But I don't know what they are today. I don't really seek out their music. Adult contempo or country perhaps. The songs I have heard are all generic, mediocre, and boring. In my opinion. And that's the biggest problem with BJ. In the '80s and early '90s they may have been generic to some degree, but I think they were better and more exciting than other arena rock acts. That kind of rock might be looked down on, with good reason at times, but I think most of us enjoy it occasionally.

Much as I might criticize Axl for how he has run the band the last fifteen years, at least there is still integrity in his music. I want more new music from Axl, but not if it's as dull as Jon Bon's latest material that I have heard.

And GN'R may not have always been about quality over quantity, but I don't think they've ever chosen quantity over quality. Quality has always existed in what they've done. I don't think that is true for BJ, though I don't rip them for everything they've put out either. I own a few of their albums, but nothing after Keep the Faith.

Edited by KBear

Guest Len B'stard

I don't know what it is about Bon Jovi and Nirvana, but these two bands get some serious shit on this forum. I understand not liking them, but some many people here post as if they take their very existence as a personal offense.

Because bands like Nirvana make bands like Guns n Roses, in the minds of obssessive fanboys and people who substitute bands for something of greater value thats missing from their lives, look silly and it's just too much for them to handle. But there's a whole bunch of people who like both and also see the silly side to both too.

Bands like Nirvana might be full of shit but they are full of shit with a kind of self awareness that makes the type of shit that bands like GnR are full of seem...well, hilairious. Someone like Kurt Cobain will constantly and consistently come out of situations like the one he got into with Axl Rose looking the least silly. But thats what it's all about basically, it's as cheap and childish as "my Dad'd fuck your Dad up!" and nothing more.

There's nothing worse you can do to an "i'll kick your ass!" merchant than firstly find him funny and secondly not fight back. Gets em every time. If you think kicking someones head in is the great equaliser and settler of all discussion and debate and you're confronted with someone that doesn't operate that way then you're kinda left with nowhere to go.

Edited by sugaraylen