Fans Demand............Axl Responds...........

Apollo

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to personally thank Axl and the band for listening to their fans and responding!

GnR made some great steps in 2011, and I'm sure Axl and company know what fans hope for in 2012. A new record first and foremost. And if not a new record in 2012, then a boxset that includes: some new songs, a live dvd, videos we didn't get from CD, alternative versions of songs, etc.

I started this thread because after reading a bunch of the current topics, I noticed that the SAME posters are still complaining about the same things. Never changes, no matter what GnR does.

So a few things fans demanded.........and the band followed up on and actually did!!!!

Media - Axl and the entire band did media in 2011. So much for the gag order the haters love to mention. Axl did a tv interview and a couple newspaper/radio spots. The rest of the band did several interviews.

Estranged and Civil War. People have begged for Estranged for a decade. Estranged was added. So then people begged for Coma or Civil War............and Civil War was added.

Start Times. Didn't GnR take the stage an hour or less after the opening band in pretty much every show this tour? They were less than an hour in Seattle after Loaded left the stage. Fans complain about the two hour delays .........GnR stopped doing that.

Variety in set list. I saw the last American tour and this current one and there was at least a 7-8 difference in the songs played.

2011 was a great year to be a GnR fan.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+1

For me, the real highlights of the show I attended were the live performances of civil war and estranged. I was not a fan of the two acdc covers, until hearing them live. I felt they brought more rock energy to the show than lald and heavens door. They give the show a real boost of energy.

And the best CD song live might just be shacklers. Shacklers and This I Love......loved it. Hope they both stay in the set list.

Rosie + Riff Raff are an injection of pure adrenaline into an already electric atmosphere.

Estranged is still fucking georgeous after all these years.

Yes!!!

I'd like to personally thank Axl and the band for listening to their fans and responding!

GnR made some great steps in 2011, and I'm sure Axl and company know what fans hope for in 2012. A new record first and foremost. And if not a new record in 2012, then a boxset that includes: some new songs, a live dvd, videos we didn't get from CD, alternative versions of songs, etc.

I started this thread because after reading a bunch of the current topics, I noticed that the SAME posters are still complaining about the same things. Never changes, no matter what GnR does.

So a few things fans demanded.........and the band followed up on and actually did!!!!

Media - Axl and the entire band did media in 2011. So much for the gag order the haters love to mention. Axl did a tv interview and a couple newspaper/radio spots. The rest of the band did several interviews.

Estranged and Civil War. People have begged for Estranged for a decade. Estranged was added. So then people begged for Coma or Civil War............and Civil War was added.

Start Times. Didn't GnR take the stage an hour or less after the opening band in pretty much every show this tour? They were less than an hour in Seattle after Loaded left the stage. Fans complain about the two hour delays .........GnR stopped doing that.

Variety in set list. I saw the last American tour and this current one and there was at least a 7-8 difference in the songs played.

2011 was a great year to be a GnR fan.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Couldn't agree more! Very intense year from RiR 2011 to Chile's great perfomance leading to a great North American tour! Live streams were great, allthough some problems with iClips and Axl interview was very cool thing to do. Great to hear from the man himself. Thanks GnR!

For old school fans in the states, 2011 was a great year. Finally got a US tour after waiting five years. Set list was a great mix of material from Appetite, Illusion and Chinese.

The people who complain are not people who are fans anymore. They don't go to shows. They used to like Guns N' Roses, now they don't and they're angry about it. So they polute the forums and complain regardless of what the band is up to.

True, but fuck MSL. He is the worst kind of person in the world.

Two years ago Axl said he did not want to move on to the next album because he felt Chinese Democracy needed more attention I just hope after the two year tour he is ready to move on.

2 years ago Axl wasn't even considering the Rock Hall, it was just an idea, or had read Slash's and Duff's books. Things have changed since then - Duff and Slash talk just about the music of GNR, not the drama. They talk about it in hindsight, the way a lot of musicians do when they get tired of "who broke up the Beatles" interviews.

Axl treated this tour like any other tour, even though he pretty much made it known it was settling with Azoff and put 110 percent into it. The band sounds ready to move on to new things, but the first half of the year is just going to be open ended.

I think the band's looking forward to doing new music, and between what Axl has, and what the current lineup has to contribute, should be interesting times.And I'm hoping Izzy and Duff join them in the studio and just make a killer album that can bridge some of the past with the present and truly sounds and feels like a GNR album. Chinese Democracy is great and Axl's in fine form on it, but the spirit of a GNR album, at least to me, isn't there. To me, it would be like Maynard working with A Perfect Circle or Puscifer and calling it Tool. Same guy, same frontman, different sound. Robert Smith was able to make transitions within The Cure to make the albums sound like Cure albums. Billy Corgan had control over the Smashing Pumpkins from the beginning and was a benevolent dictator from the beginning, where GNR started off as a bit competitive but were able to be collaborative.

ChiDem was a time for Axl's songwriting to stand out, and he's definitely become a much better writer, the spirit of collaboration is there but with handpicked friends and specific musicians - and pretty much seems to work the way Steely Dan works - but he's now the benevolent dictator, where that didn't exist 21-22 years ago.

Worse... you are your mother's son.

which is what makes me a jew obv

I dont know anything about your mother's religion, so that's not a conclusion I could draw.

I am, however, fairly confident that she is a hulking beastly cunt whore who probably steals from others and has an inflated sense of self-worth based on the fact that she has a marginally higher IQ than the other fish in her small pond. I would also assume that her feelings of inadequacy drive her to seek ego validation in the most pathetic of places, and from the most pathetic of people.

Worse... you are your mother's son.

which is what makes me a jew obv

I dont know anything about your mother's religion, so that's not a conclusion I could draw.

I am, however, fairly confident that she is a hulking beastly cunt whore who probably steals from others and has an inflated sense of self-worth based on the fact that she has a marginally higher IQ than the other fish in her small pond. I would also assume that her feelings of inadequacy drive her to seek ego validation in the most pathetic of places, and from the most pathetic of people.

How many threads are you going to get shut down by attacking MSL? I'm surprised that they haven't suspended you yet.

I'm surprised he's allowed to post here at all. I'm surprised, and quite frankly ashamed that the rest of you guys let him prance around here unchecked.

I'm not a mod and I never want to be one. I don't give a fuck about who prances around here unchecked. I don't like to see perfectly good threads being closed. Take it to PMs if you want to bitch at him.

I'm surprised he's allowed to post here at all. I'm surprised, and quite frankly ashamed that the rest of you guys let him prance around here unchecked.

I'm not a mod and I never want to be one. I don't give a fuck about who prances around here unchecked. I don't like to see perfectly good threads being closed. Take it to PMs if you want to bitch at him.

+1

I hate to lose quality discussion threads as much as the next guy. But when MSL comes around, the thread's already gone to shit anyways. How much more destructive does one person have to be to this band in order to get banned? Maybe he has to shit directly in Axl's mouth.

MSL hasn't said a thing to get banned. That's probably why he's not. I haven't seen him break one forum rule. You have gone off the deep end with personal attacks, which is clearly against forum rules. Who do you think the mods are going to ban if they actually read this shit. And we lose another good thread.

Oh God... the self-righteousness is so think in here you could eat it on toast.

How many threads get "derailed?" All of them. And this thread -- this precious baby of yours that must be kept sacred and holy -- it's already been posted. In fact, we've had several threads about how great 2011 was. Same reasons discussed. In fact, I posted one just like this a couple of weeks ago.

Try not to overstate the injustice you're forced to suffer by me calling out a double talkin' jibe motherfucker. Axl did it. Beta did it too. He is a stated enemy of the band.

Edited by CoolRanchDressing

How many threads get "derailed?" All of them. And this thread -- this precious baby of yours that must be kept sacred and holy -- it's already been posted. In fact, we've had several threads about how great 2011 was. Same reasons discussed. In fact, I posted one just like this a couple of weeks ago.

Try not to overstate the injustice you're forced to suffer by me calling out a double talkin' jibe motherfucker. Axl did it. Beta did it too. He is a stated enemy of the band.

It's jive.

It's jive.

:rofl-lol: