Axl among celebs who love cats

Black Horse

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know if Axl's cat is declawed?

I like cats but not when they pull a Freddy Krueger on furniture and people.

People have their cats declawed? That sounds so mean! Just buy them a scratching post then they'll leave the furniture alone. In my experience cats only scratch people who were asking for it.

If it's an indoor cat, yes they get them declawed. The cat is put under during the procedure so they don't feel anything, now it can even be done by laser. I've had a lot of experience with cats, the claws are a serious pain in the ass. They don't use them just to attack mean people. I've had puppies who weren't doing anything wrong, and they were badly scratched by cats that felt threatened for no reason. I've seen cats dig into people's skin and objects because they lost their balance and were trying to hang on. I've seen lots of clothing ruined by holding a cat, because they instinctively cling with their claws out of a fear of falling. I've seen cats sitting on people's bare legs dig in with their claws as they prepare for a long jump. But I realize there will always be some people who are against declawing because they're convinced it's painful or detrimental to the cat. The fact remains, declawed cats have a far greater chance of being adopted and put into a loving home. People are less inclined to abandon them or bring them to an animal shelter.

So do we remove dogs teeth too as they sometimes bite? If you can't handle a cat having claws then you shouldn't have a cat. Declawing them is abuse imo, they use their claws for everything, it'd be like if your fingers were cut off. I can't believe what some people do to animals....

Dogs need teeth, housecats don't need claws and they live very happy and healthy lives without them. If a dog becomes vicious and bites a person or another housepet without provocation or without being instructed, they are often taken away from the owner and put down. I've had several dogs as housepets and they've never bitten anyone or anything. Abuse is intentionally doing something with the sole purpose of hurting something/someone, therefore I disagree with your opinion that declawing is abuse. It gives cats the opportunity to remain in a good home or be put into a good home. Do you think circumcisions are also abuse?

Cats have never been declawed here in Denmark and yet they still get to live in good homes. They use their claws to climb up their scratching posts, they need their claws to maintain their balance and not fall, they need them when they play with their toys etc. Their claws are like fingers to them

Well people are not circumsized here and I really don't see the point in doing a procedure unless there's a medical reason for it.

Cats need their claws to defend themselves in any danger. What if the indoor cat gets loose? My neighbor had her cat declawed and one night she got outside and a fox killed her while she was trying to get up a tree.

People should spend more money on fixing their cats than declawing them. Cats can breed faster than rabbits.

I think declawing cats is just awful. Cats are perfectly able to survive on their own as they are natural predators but they can only do this if they have their claws. I don't care if you are declawing "house cats" or not, doing so debilitates them from surviving on their own if the situation presents itself. People always give the excuse that they are getting it done because there are "small children around", well in that case you shouldn't keep potentially dangerous and volatile pets like cats and dogs around.

BTW; I feel the same way about neutering male dogs to make them less aggressive. You can't mess with an animal's body just so it can fit into your cushy little lifestyle. If you can't handle a pet, DON'T KEEP ONE!

Cats can breed faster than rabbits.

And that's a fact..

BTW; I feel the same way about neutering male dogs to make them less aggressive. You can't mess with an animal's body just so it can fit into your cushy little lifestyle. If you can't handle a pet, DON'T KEEP ONE!

Well said. :)

And that's a fact..

You can't turn a blind eye to the overpopulation problem that causes multitudes to be euthanized because of irresponsible owners that breed them,let them run free,and abandoning animals.

I'm not peta-kind-of-crazy,but pet ownership,and deciding to have children are two decisions that shouldn't be taken lightly.

And that's a fact..

You can't turn a blind eye to the overpopulation problem that causes multitudes to be euthanized because of irresponsible owners that breed them,let them run free,and abandoning animals.

I'm not peta-kind-of-crazy,but pet ownership,and deciding to have children are two decisions that shouldn't be taken lightly.

Agreed :thumbsup:

My cat is not declawed, he is fixed and he has his ears tattooed with a tracking number in case he ever does get out (he's an indoor cat) He's also vaccinated and he gets vaccinated yearly along with a complete health check up. He also gets the best avaliable food there is and he has scratching posts, tons of toys and he gets fresh air on the balcony everyday.

I'm not a peta person either but making sure your pet is living the best quaility life isn't being fanatic imo, it's having a heart.

And that's a fact..

Agreed :thumbsup:

My cat is not declawed, he is fixed and he has his ears tattooed with a tracking number in case he ever does get out (he's an indoor cat) He's also vaccinated and he gets vaccinated yearly along with a complete health check up. He also gets the best avaliable food there is and he has scratching posts, tons of toys and he gets fresh air on the balcony everyday.

I'm not a peta person either but making sure your pet is living the best quaility life isn't being fanatic imo, it's having a heart.

Yes,vaccinations ,vet care,chips and id tags are necessary these days.

As I mentioned I'm not peta-whacko,I wear leather and eat meat.I do value my four-legged family members. Their unconditional acceptance and love,even when you ain't loving yourself,is important to me.

I also support the ASPCA,and select animal welfare groups.

The only leather I own are my Dr Martens boots. I'd rather not wear leather (except those boots) as you always hear stories about how it's from dogs and such animals :no: I'd never wear fur though, it makes me feel sad when I see someone strolling down the street with a fox fur around their neck complete with the head and all...

Right now I'm only a member of Amnesty International but I'm looking into various animal organisations right now. I'll probably go with this Danish cat one who helps strays off the streets, into shelters and then have them adopted onto families. This organisation also fix and vaccinate the strays so they don't keep having kittens. If I had the money I'd support animals and their rights so much more than I'm capeable of atm.

Edited by RocketQueen1985

The only leather I own are my Dr Martens boots. I'd rather not wear leather (except those boots) as you always hear stories about how it's from dogs and such animals :no: I'd never wear fur though, it makes me feel sad when I see someone strolling down the street with a fox fur around their next complete with the head and all...

Right now I'm only a member of Amnesty International but I'm looking into various animal organisations right now. I'll probably go with this Danish cat one who helps strays off the streets, into shelters and then have them adopted onto families. This organisation also fix and vaccinate the strays so they don't keep having kittens. If I had the money I'd support animals and their rights so much more than I'm capeable of atm.

If you know leather and buy from a reputable dealer,no worries about wearing someone's pet.

The three types of leather most used in the U.S. are pig leather,the cheapest kind,usually used on inexpensive bomber jackets,Cow leather and suede is most popular,used on most jackets and shoes.

Lambskin is the most expensive,very soft but apt to tear if not careful,I have a few of these.

Fur is just hairy leather,I wouldn't want the thing staring at me when I wore it though.

There are good charities,and those that only benefit themselves,I always investigate before I donate to make sure it isn't corrupt.

People aren't as honorable as animals unfortunately.