Axl among celebs who love cats

Black Horse

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet that you feed your cat dry food.

We had alot of problems with our cat, the vets had no idea.

So one day I was thinking about wild cats (big african cats), they don't really drink much water. They are just not big water drinkers. They get their water from eating (wild animals that they had to kill and rip the flesh off of!) So we started to only feed our cat wet canned food (sometimes we even add water to it), all of her problems cleared right up in a matter of a week.

I think she was just chronically dehydrated. It is no wonder that most household cats seem to die from some sort of kidney/bowel issue.

Maybe try that. If you are having a hard time getting her to eat wet food, buy the Cheapest stuff possible...they seem to like that...and then slowly switch to a better quality food with taurine in it.

Fancy feast mixed with dry in morn, just dry at night. She ate well, but yes you're right as since diagnosed 2-3 cans of just fancy feast a day, no dry. New studies show all cans is better for a cat period. She got a urinary tract infection that hit kidneys, she's a Persian, common once they get a bit senior. Sad stuff.

Back on topic...

bowiecat.jpg

zappacat.jpg

harrisoncat.jpg

lennoncat.jpg

cobaincat.jpg

Edited by axlskAmpf

Awesome, I have 2 cats. One black female and one gray fluffy male.

I had 3 others, but they passed away.

I feed about 10 cats outside my house too.

I've always loved cats. You can't fool a cat. They are smart and independent, but very loyal too. They are a great comfort and are very sensitive to your moods and feelings.

I have nothing against dogs, but I love cats.

If I had alot of money, I would have my own no kill shelter and put any dog or cat that didn't have a home and take care of them with a loving caring staff, but since I am not loaded with money, I do what I can.

This isn't related, but yesterday I tried to get on this forum and got this error message saying the forum is now on a different server and how I had to flush my cache to get onto the new one. Anyway, I waited until today and got on fine.

Anyone have this problem yesterday? I tried on two different computers, so I was wondering if it was real or just a hoax or just a problem with the site?

This isn't related, but yesterday I tried to get on this forum and got this error message saying the forum is now on a different server and how I had to flush my cache to get onto the new one. Anyway, I waited until today and got on fine.

Anyone have this problem yesterday? I tried on two different computers, so I was wondering if it was real or just a hoax or just a problem with the site?

Twas real.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=183470

If I had alot of money, I would have my own no kill shelter and put any dog or cat that didn't have a home and take care of them with a loving caring staff, but since I am not loaded with money, I do what I can.

Well you're not the only one. I can't count how many of my cats have died. We (I n' my neighbour) are feeding 18 cats outside and spring is coming so we're expecting more kittens.. It's sad that we can't do anything about it. No one's going to take and care for them and we don't have enough money to sterilizate all gibs to stop breeding. :shrugs:

And other neighbours don't give a fuck about 'em. For those Fcrs there's no matter if they're hungry or cold or dying <_<

Edited by Saphyra

I would've always thought Axl was a cat person. Cats are independent, do lots of things themselves, and at times they can be really annoying/demanding.

I think Axl's personality, in a way, intertwines with a cat's.

...and not to mention they are nocturnal like Axl!

I grew up a total dog lover but after our parents said no more ('cause they always ended up taking care of them) we got a cat and I fell in love with them. I have two now - one is extremely affectionate and the other a lap cat.

With regards to the discussion about bladder/kidney issues - yes, dry food is a big culprit! I had my little guy on the best, most expensive dry food for the first 4 yrs of his life and he got blocked w/bladder stones and needed to have surgery ($4000 bill :o ). After that awful ordeal I switched him to canned and he has been fine since. Please don't give your indoor cats dry food! (their bodies weren't built for that)...or at the very least give them 50% canned/50% dry.

Well you're not the only one. I can't count how many of my cats have died. We (I n' my neighbour) are feeding 18 cats outside and spring is coming so we're expecting more kittens.. It's sad that we can't do anything about it. No one's going to take and care for them and we don't have enough money to sterilizate all gibs to stop breeding. :shrugs:

And other neighbours don't give a fuck about 'em. For those Fcrs there's no matter if they're hungry or cold or dying <_<

You are not the only ones. I feed cats outside my house too, some neighbours dislike me for that but I can´t help feeling sorry for those lovely creatures while my two cats live at home like princes.

I've always loved cats. You can't fool a cat. They are smart and independent, but very loyal too. They are a great comfort and are very sensitive to your moods and feelings.

I have nothing against dogs, but I love cats.

You're right about cats being independent but very loyal as well. You have to earn a cat's trust where as with a dog you have their trust right away (then if you do something bad to it you lose the trust ofc) I like that you have to win a cat over, that you gotta earn it's love and affection. The cat I have now (Sylvester) took me a while to win over but once I did he stuck to me like glue and still does :wub:

They really are sensitive to ones moods and feelings, as well are dogs. I hate when people say "it's an animal, it doesn't understand" cause they do understand, they pick up on the vibes you're sending out and they offer comfort by trying to cuddle or never wanting to leave your side when they feel you're down. If you are loyal to them they will also be loyal to you.

I've had cats all my life (Sylvester is my 4th cat, my first cat lived to be 17 years old) but I also really do love dogs, there's just something about cats which makes me always chose them as a pet over a dog. I always see this dog vs cat thing and how people say they're either a dog person or a cat person, I've experienced many dog owners who actually hate cats...how can you hate a cat? I get you can prefer dogs but going from that to hate cats is kinda extreme. I love cats more but I could never hate dogs (or any animal really)

Oh well, I'm blabbering on and on here. Anyways, it's cool Axl is a cat person and animal lover in general really :) it says a lot about a person that they care for animals imo.

great thread :rolleyes:

Feel free to make a better one then

Anyone know if Axl's cat is declawed?

I like cats but not when they pull a Freddy Krueger on furniture and people.

People have their cats declawed? That sounds so mean! Just buy them a scratching post then they'll leave the furniture alone. In my experience cats only scratch people who were asking for it.

People have their cats declawed? That sounds so mean! Just buy them a scratching post then they'll leave the furniture alone. In my experience cats only scratch people who were asking for it.

If it's an indoor cat, yes they get them declawed. The cat is put under during the procedure so they don't feel anything, now it can even be done by laser. I've had a lot of experience with cats, the claws are a serious pain in the ass. They don't use them just to attack mean people. I've had puppies who weren't doing anything wrong, and they were badly scratched by cats that felt threatened for no reason. I've seen cats dig into people's skin and objects because they lost their balance and were trying to hang on. I've seen lots of clothing ruined by holding a cat, because they instinctively cling with their claws out of a fear of falling. I've seen cats sitting on people's bare legs dig in with their claws as they prepare for a long jump. But I realize there will always be some people who are against declawing because they're convinced it's painful or detrimental to the cat. The fact remains, declawed cats have a far greater chance of being adopted and put into a loving home. People are less inclined to abandon them or bring them to an animal shelter.

I doubt Axl's cat is declawed. This barbaric act became illegal in West Hollywood a few years ago and animal rights advocates are trying to get a law passed for all of LA County. When I adopted my 2 kitties from a rescue organization I had to sign a contract stating that I would never declaw my cats.

Cats who are declawed tend to bite a lot and have other issues. Every cat I've known that is declawed has issues, including the first cat our family had (back in the 80's most people declawed their indoor cats because we were ignorant). The 2 cats I have now are not declawed and they never scratch me nor have they ever bitten me. One did wreck the carpet in my last apt but I care more about the health and well-being of my cats than I do about the carpet. Scratching the furniture can be somewhat controlled by good scratching posts and a squirt gun.

Cats are way funnier than dogs. It's like they have a huge ego and then they do something stupid like get stuck in a jar.

cat-in-jar-cok-stuck-1298144751i.jpg

You'll never see a dog do anything as entertaining as this:

Dogs are great, really sweet and loving. I can't resist them. But I slightly prefer cats because they're entertaining as hell. I've never met a cat that didn't make me laugh.

I think it's a US thing. The first time I read that I was really confused and disturbed as well. Not something that's done here in Europe as far as I know (thankfully).

This barbaric act became illegal in West Hollywood a few years ago and animal rights advocates are trying to get a law passed for all of LA County. When I adopted my 2 kitties from a rescue organization I had to sign a contract stating that I would never declaw my cats.

Nice.. I'd like that in Lithuania there would be paid more attention to wrong treatment with animals..

Cats are way funnier than dogs. It's like they have a huge ego and then they do something stupid like get stuck in a jar.

cat-in-jar-cok-stuck-1298144751i.jpg

You'll never see a dog do anything as entertaining as this:

Dogs are great, really sweet and loving. I can't resist them. But I slightly prefer cats because they're entertaining as hell. I've never met a cat that didn't make me laugh.

My dog's head was stuck in 3 litres jar :P

If it's an indoor cat, yes they get them declawed. The cat is put under during the procedure so they don't feel anything, now it can even be done by laser. I've had a lot of experience with cats, the claws are a serious pain in the ass. They don't use them just to attack mean people. I've had puppies who weren't doing anything wrong, and they were badly scratched by cats that felt threatened for no reason. I've seen cats dig into people's skin and objects because they lost their balance and were trying to hang on. I've seen lots of clothing ruined by holding a cat, because they instinctively cling with their claws out of a fear of falling. I've seen cats sitting on people's bare legs dig in with their claws as they prepare for a long jump. But I realize there will always be some people who are against declawing because they're convinced it's painful or detrimental to the cat. The fact remains, declawed cats have a far greater chance of being adopted and put into a loving home. People are less inclined to abandon them or bring them to an animal shelter.

So do we remove dogs teeth too as they sometimes bite? If you can't handle a cat having claws then you shouldn't have a cat. Declawing them is abuse imo, they use their claws for everything, it'd be like if your fingers were cut off. I can't believe what some people do to animals....

I think Axl is simply an animal lover. I know the feeling. Never thought I was a cat person, I grew up with dogs. But when I moved out on my own I couldn't have dog. So i got a cat at the humane soc. loved her for 15 years and miss her everyday.

So do we remove dogs teeth too as they sometimes bite? If you can't handle a cat having claws then you shouldn't have a cat. Declawing them is abuse imo, they use their claws for everything, it'd be like if your fingers were cut off. I can't believe what some people do to animals....

Dogs need teeth, housecats don't need claws and they live very happy and healthy lives without them. If a dog becomes vicious and bites a person or another housepet without provocation or without being instructed, they are often taken away from the owner and put down. I've had several dogs as housepets and they've never bitten anyone or anything. Abuse is intentionally doing something with the sole purpose of hurting something/someone, therefore I disagree with your opinion that declawing is abuse. It gives cats the opportunity to remain in a good home or be put into a good home. Do you think circumcisions are also abuse?

:thumbsup: