Bumble @ NAMM 2012

bumblecool

''Hey look at me, I'm Ron Thal and I just took 3 shots of Jäger look how cool I am!''

If I say that people would bash me.

But if I say ''Hey look at me, I'm DJ Ashba and I just took 3 shots of Jäger look how cool I am!'' people would agree with me and say that DJ is a poser.

You know I'm right.

Oh, and Ron is awesome. The guy is nuts.

Just noticed he's got a wounded G string. Way to go, Bumble! Heavy gauges is da shit.

What gauge is that, I wonder... 13's, 12's, maybe? That doesn't look like 14's, 15's, 16's or 17's.

Probably .013's. Great thing about fretless guitars are you don't 'bend' the strings, so having a VERY heavy gauge is not really an issue. On a fretted guitar, the heavier the gauge, the hard it is to bend. Soooo tempted to order a Vigier fretless now....

Just noticed he's got a wounded G string. Way to go, Bumble! Heavy gauges is da shit.

What gauge is that, I wonder... 13's, 12's, maybe? That doesn't look like 14's, 15's, 16's or 17's.

Probably .013's. Great thing about fretless guitars are you don't 'bend' the strings, so having a VERY heavy gauge is not really an issue. On a fretted guitar, the heavier the gauge, the hard it is to bend. Soooo tempted to order a Vigier fretless now....

Um, you can tune the guitar down a half-step or whole-stop to mitigate the tension of heavy gauge strings.

Um, you can tune the guitar down a half-step or whole-stop to mitigate the tension of heavy gauge strings.

Yes but some people like the tighter sound of E standard for rhythm. The lower you tune down, the muddier the sounds gets.

Or just have it set up from the gitgo to serve heavy strings at whatever tension you want.

Aka lower the action. 'Cept fret buzz ain't cool, bro. ; )

Fret buzz does suck indeed.

Edited by Young_Gun

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

You can only keep touring the same songs over and over and over again for so long.

Theatres have the option off presenting new songs to a more gratifying audience. The last US run was to steal a few mill & achieve whatever promotion for Chinese possible; GN'R at a theatre near U part deux starts now.

I'd love a fretless to fuck around on, I think it'd be fun and just sound cool. Isn't the Vigier fretless like $3000? That's a little much to fuck around. :lol: