Guitar Hero Lawsuit rescheduled

sailaway

I was under the assumption that Slash did know he was going to be featured in the game.

Anyone remember the footage of him playing guitar with all the motion detection stuff he had on for that was footage so the computers could make the Slash you see on the game???? He knew 100% that he was going to be featured.

Now he may or may not of known the full agreement that Axl had with activision.

But he would be a good wittness for Axl in court as to what he was told and how the game turned out. They would just summons him to court. I don't make a shit if he likes Axl or not he would have to show or be in contemt of court. But I quess he could always plead the 5th.

I was under the assumption that Slash did know he was going to be featured in the game.

Anyone remember the footage of him playing guitar with all the motion detection stuff he had on for that was footage so the computers could make the Slash you see on the game???? He knew 100% that he was going to be featured.

But he would be a good wittness for Axl in court as to what he was told and how the game turned out. They would just summons him to court. I don't make a shit if he likes Axl or not he would have to show or be in contemt of court. But I quess he could always plead the 5th.

Yeah no doubt that he knew he was going to be featured in the game (like you said he did have to do the motion stuff for the game character), but its debatable as to whether he knew about the agreement Axl had with Activision or not

Yeah no doubt that he knew he was going to be featured in the game (like you said he did have to do the motion stuff for the game character), but its debatable as to whether he knew about the agreement Axl had with Activision or not

True.

This certain guitar player should be helping Axl win this case since he "had nothing to do with it"

If Activision is at fault 100% then he should do the right thing and join Axl

He is doing the right thing and that is staying out of it. This is a battle between Axl and the GH people.

Come on say thre truth....there is no $ for him in this case. Helping an old friend is too much to ask for. :shrugs:

So he is randomly obligated to help out someone he hasn't talked to since the late 90's in a lawsuit that really doesn't directly involve him? I mean there is a chance Slash doesn't even know to what extent this lawsuit has gone to or what it truly is about. I get that you aren't the biggest Slash fan and that's cool, but it really seems like you are grasping at sraws with things to damn the man for

I don't buy that BS that he knew nothing about it anyway....he's a snake in the grass

If Axl told him "hey we'll go 50/50" he would show up with his bling bling hat.

Slash doesn't need another cash grab tour to promote a failure.

He always needs a "cash grab"

He even named his son Ca$h :rofl-lol: Poor kid don't deserve that shit

Failure? Nice try millions of people would disagree with you. Feel stupid now?

Right. You better stay to the facts instead of spreading these bollocks. Slash finished his tour a little while ago and at this moment he is almost done recording a new album while Axl is doing what? Preparing himself for another law suit? :lol:

Didn't Slash state that he didn't know on which bases Axl was suing Activision? (or that the case was baseless/frivolous?) Argh!!! Can't remember the exact quote.

Also this does not effect Slash at all, he already has his pay-off for helping endorse GHIII. This lawsuit is basically based on a breach of contract by using Slash's image and using SCOM in the game. All it ends up doing is make Axl look like a petty ass but if it's got a court date then that means there is a case there, right?

Edited by KiraMPD

Didn't Slash state that he didn't know on which bases Axl was suing Activision? (or that the case was baseless/frivolous?) Argh!!! Can't remember the exact quote.

Also this does not effect Slash at all, he already has his pay-off for helping endorse GHIII. This lawsuit is basically based on a breach of contract by using Slash's image and using SCOM in the game. All it ends up doing is make Axl look like a petty ass but if it's got a court date then that means there is a case there, right?

Yes,if it were a frivolous suit,it would have been negated,not scheduled on the docket.

Don't know what Slash thinks at this point,but as mentioned earlier he participated in fleshing out his animated image,and was undoubtedly compensated,by Activision.

I don't really trust Activision,they are the Target of additional suits from no doubt,and nirvana,for basically the same thing.

Guitar Hero is discontinued by Activision-Blizzard,who was sold to Vivaldi,the parent company of UMG.

"GnR", the corporation, does not need an agreement with Activision that says: NO SLASH!

If Activision wanted to feature Slash, it is up to them to explicitly state so in any contract that they had with GnR. Most likely, Activision did not do their due diligence in their history and legal homework involving the use of the "GnR" name.

In other words, Activision was ignorant, but unfortunately, in the real world, ignorance is not a valid legal excuse.

Axl owns the "GnR" name and corporate entity. Nobody can use the GnR name to advertise something that is not the current *brand* known as GnR.

This is precisely the same legal argument Axl made against the record company for releasing the Greatest Hits live album.

It is FALSE advertisment. It confuses the public (market) about what is the current GnR *brand*. It is like putting the label "Pepsi" on a "Coke" can. They may taste similar, but they are indeed still two different products!

So the debate about Slash is whether he knew his likeness was going to be used to promote GnR songs or not. If Slash was indeed told this, he should have known better because Slash knows full well the legality of Axl owning the GnR name.

And if Slash knew that his likeness was going to be used to promote "GnR" songs, then the question is ... WHY did he do it?

For the money? To piss off Axl? Mostly likely both!

But even if Slash was told he was going to be used to promote "GnR' songs, he could not be held responsible for any wrong doing. All legal responsibility falls on Activision.

In other words: Slash took the money and LOL all the way to the bank!

On a side note:

Is "GnR' responsible for GH being shut down and no longer being made? Or is it the leaking of tracks that is making it legally hard for Activision to continue making GH? Or was it just time to end the GH game series?

Edited by gnrfan2007

On a side note:

Is "GnR' responsible for GH being shut down and no longer being made? Or is it the leaking of tracks that is making it legally hard for Activision to continue making GH? Or was it just time to end the GH game series?

GNR isn't responsible for shit. The fad for the game died. It's being brought back this year or next by Activision. If Activision is found to be in any wrong doing, they can CERTAINLY afford to pay Axl off. If anything it'll be an out of court settlement.

They need to hurry up and get AFD into rock band as DLC. I wonder if people other than Axl can screw that over. Because slash has said before that it will never be in any music game. A lot of times it doesn't seem like all song writers or eprformers have to agree to let others use their work.

Edited by GiveNuseR