Guns N' Roses - Use Your Illusion: Classic Album Under Review (2 Disc Special Edition) March 20 2012

timaus101

Personally I thought it was a bit biased in content,but:

Mostly the documentary talks about their music, how their debut album Appetite for Destruction catapulted them into fame, and how the music in the Use Your Illusion albums shot them higher into stardom, the making of the music and the music videos, like for "Don't Cry", "November Rain", and "Estranged", which had extreme costs. I really enjoyed the stories they told about the songs and how they all had their own meaning and significance.

Extras include "L.A. Stories," an insider story about the bands that came before Guns N' Roses from Lizzie Grey who knew Slash, Izzy, and Steven Adler way back when, "The Hardest Interactive Guns N' Roses Quiz In The World Ever" (I can attest to its difficulty, I only got fourteen points out of 25, but then again I'm hardly an expert), "Contributor Biographies," and a "Beyond DVD" section.

Guns N' Roses: Under Review - Use Your Illusion I and II is a highly entertaining and extremely informative look at one of the greatest bands of all time and will be a wonderful addition to the Guns N' Roses fan's collection.

To be perfectly honest I preferred the UYI albums over AFD. Most ppl beg to differ. But the UYI albums are so much more complex and have more variety. I'll definitely be picking this up.

It's been said 100 times before, but if the two albums were condensed down into one album I would 100% agree with you. Problem is both albums have a fair amount of filler. Filler songs I like yes, but filler nonetheless to be considered better than AFD imo.

Please though, lets not turn it into a create a one album version of UYI :no:

haha i aint a chrome dreams agent just a die hard GNR fan like everyone else :) and to answer the question its interviews with producers etc including live GNR concerst footage etc, so yes it actually contains actual Guns N Roses music lol See the original 2008 release for an idea of what im talking about :) im interested to see whats on the 2nd dvd tho ...

haha i aint a chrome dreams agent just a die hard GNR fan like everyone else :) and to answer the question its interviews with producers etc including live GNR concerst footage etc, so yes it actually contains actual Guns N Roses music lol See the original 2008 release for an idea of what im talking about :) im interested to see whats on the 2nd dvd tho ...

So there are no plans to re-release the Use your Illusion 1 and 2 cds for the 20th anniversary?

WEll, I will have to check out this dvd set before I buy it. Hopefully, whatever concert footage of GNR is new and not stuff that was already released.

The record company needs to really promote these things more.

So there are no plans to re-release the Use your Illusion 1 and 2 cds for the 20th anniversary?

I was hoping more so for an updated Appetite for the 25th anniversary this year. I wouldn't even care if it has bonus tracks or not, the album in general is screaming for a remaster.

I was hoping more so for an updated Appetite for the 25th anniversary this year. I wouldn't even care if it has bonus tracks or not, the album in general is screaming for a remaster.

And the same year as the RRHOF? Perfect time to remaster/re-release it.

Unless the music is any different (re master) what iis the point ? :shrugs:

A remaster AFD would be good.

Funny enough, I was in HMV today looking at Blu-rays, and on came Welcome to the Jungle, followed by SCOM. I guess they were playing GN'R Hits. It sounded great in the shop, being play quite loud. The Axl/Slash combo is so GN'R - it'll never be better'ed.

Edited by vaida

yeah ive got no idea what the precise content is for these dvds but im guessin well hava better idea cloer to march... regarding a AFD re-release/ remaster, didnt that basically happen in 2009 when the entire back catalogue was rereleased in time for the CD tour? :) id assume the SHMCDs would be basically a remaster etc

And the same year as the RRHOF? Perfect time to remaster/re-release it.

Exactly this is a perfect for the record company to get off their asses and promote GNR and their items.

Getting inducted into the Hall of Fame should be big business for the bands and their record companies. Someone should release a statement regarding this and make a HUGE deal out of it.

I think they should re-release Appettite and all the GNR records this year. Make new fans and also promote the new GNR too.