new official box set ?

WAR™

The first one seems pretty legit - great to have SHM versions. The last one, not so much.

I'd take it they have nothing new or exclusive apart from the SHM remastering?

Edited by Guest

I'm gonna say not "official", and not even Japanese. True, there's Japanese writing on it, but all the ones I see being sold on eBay are from Hong Kong or China. Gonna even say they ain't real SHM cds so buyer beware! As for pics just search guns roses box set on ebay and you'll see 'em.

• 6 months later...

I'm gonna say not "official", and not even Japanese. True, there's Japanese writing on it, but all the ones I see being sold on eBay are from Hong Kong or China. Gonna even say they ain't real SHM cds so buyer beware! As for pics just search guns roses box set on ebay and you'll see 'em.

Hi just to confirm the first link is counterfeit, here's some of the tell tale signs ( i bought one, just out or curiosity)

CD's on in a slimline cardboard sleeves, print quality is slightly off, also the back covers are scanned copies of the vinyl covers, they still have Side 1A, 1B etc... The DVD and CD images are weird too. Any questions please ask.

I must admit though it does look cool, even though fake, but the cover gives it away 1986 - 2011... Chinese Democracy was 2008, so why not have 1986 - 2008.

Peace out

Waxl

Hi just to confirm the first link is counterfeit, here's some of the tell tale signs ( i bought one, just out or curiosity)

CD's on in a slimline cardboard sleeves, print quality is slightly off, also the back covers are scanned copies of the vinyl covers, they still have Side 1A, 1B etc... The DVD and CD images are weird too. Any questions please ask.

I must admit though it does look cool, even though fake, but the cover gives it away 1986 - 2011... Chinese Democracy was 2008, so why not have 1986 - 2008.

Peace out

Waxl

the reason it says side one and two, it´s because they are supposed to be replicas of the lps. don´t they come with cards inside with pics of the record labels? and the jap lyrics insert? the original jap releases had them, and also the stickers that originaly came on the record sleeves!!!

The first one seems pretty legit - great to have SHM versions. The last one, not so much.

I'd take it they have nothing new or exclusive apart from the SHM remastering?

the last one definetly oficial colombia release, i own it.

The first one is most likely a boot. the second contains oficial cds, don´t know about the box, but they first showed up from a peruvian seller a couple of years ago, so...

the thir is definetly oficial, i own it. its a colombia release. you can see pics on the box sets section on my site www.gnrgadelho.zzl.org