It would seem

kyrie

When the band was getting trashed in the press, the fans were quick to defend them, as in 2002... Now they're getting positive reviews and "fans" are bitching and moaning.

Really, did you all expect new songs in NYC? What gave you that idea, other than something you made up in your head? Keep in mind that since there was no MSG date these shows really replace that. It's like a continuation of the tour.

And I wouldn't expect new music til after the summer either. Man, you'd think after 14 years for CD, 5 or 6 years of actively touring wouldn't bother you. I'm still waiting for a new Tool CD since 2006. I saw them live last month for the second time since 10,000 Days came out... No album in sight. And they play a 90 minute show, which while excellent musically, is nowhere near what GN'R puts in with close to 3 hour gigs.

So... Chill the fuck out already. Let the band do its thing. They're active, getting good reviews, doing press... Be happy it's not like the pre-CD era.

that's true bumblecool, i like your posts alot. Time will tell and i would love for you to turn around and say hey 'your full of shit' but there is no chance in living hell that we will see anything but the staple setlist, wardrobe or the same show every night. i would suggest if you are going to one of these theatre shows, DO NOT follow the shows on here as you will get pissed at spending 125 dollars on your show. I'm just glad my summer shows have other acts to see, then it wont bother me as much as seeing this show !!!! it will be like watching the departed 50 times over

Now they're getting positive reviews and "fans" are bitching and moaning.

Dont worry, 10+ forum members doesnt represent the word "fans"... see what i did? i goes the same way around... :thumbsup:

What do you consider 'active' and 'doing press'?

A TV show/interview, 40+ interviews and some with very important newspapers, radio interviews all over the place, constant touring, live stream, new website on the way, M&G, and the list goes on :shrugs: a new album will happen eventually...

When the band was getting trashed in the press, the fans were quick to defend them, as in 2002... Now they're getting positive reviews and "fans" are bitching and moaning.

Really, did you all expect new songs in NYC? What gave you that idea, other than something you made up in your head? Keep in mind that since there was no MSG date these shows really replace that. It's like a continuation of the tour.

And I wouldn't expect new music til after the summer either. Man, you'd think after 14 years for CD, 5 or 6 years of actively touring wouldn't bother you. I'm still waiting for a new Tool CD since 2006. I saw them live last month for the second time since 10,000 Days came out... No album in sight. And they play a 90 minute show, which while excellent musically, is nowhere near what GN'R puts in with close to 3 hour gigs.

So... Chill the fuck out already. Let the band do its thing. They're active, getting good reviews, doing press... Be happy it's not like the pre-CD era.

it could just be me but they've been touring "Chinese Democracy" since 2000 so I guess in addition to the most expensive album ever made, they are going for the longest tour ever?

any BTW, Axl absolutely deserved to get trashed in the press back in 2002 - I was at the last show of that tour BTW!! yeah, in Philly

Edited by jmapelian

Playing more live songs in 2010 than in ANY previous year and band members doing 50-60 interviews in 2011.

No wrong ! Axl did not say a word ! you will find the other band members always spoke to fans anyway.

as far as live songs yes i give you that , he did actually try in 2010 and i praised him to the hilt

Playing more live songs in 2010 than in ANY previous year and band members doing 50-60 interviews in 2011.

No wrong ! Axl did not say a word ! you will find the other band members always spoke to fans anyway.

as far as live songs yes i give you that , he did actually try in 2010 and i praised him to the hilt

what? what? :shocked: Axl did plenty of paper interviews and even TMS :confused: cause Axl doesnt use twitter/facebook to comunicate with fans doesnt mean he dont talk with fans, u can see the video of him telling the funny story about slash etc and theres probably lots that doesnt get recorded... also there are videos of him backstage talking with fans and taking pictures

Edited by AGS

I really don't care if they play news songs in this mini tour... it's a Up Close and Personal show, a chance to see your favorite band in a intimate show, in a small place and remember the old days.

But i really hope they use the gap between this tour and the eruopean tour to do something...

I love you, man! :thumbsup:

I love you, man! :thumbsup:

+1

It seems that nothing is good whatever they do.

Playing more live songs in 2010 than in ANY previous year

Good fucking stuff! This band is fucking amazing on stage! But...

and band members doing 50-60 interviews in 2011.

This is bullshit imo. Why? Well, ask yourself what you learned from these "interviews"? I'd gladly hear that cause I tuned out after hearing Bumble say "I wont talk G n R-biz" in the first 30 interviews.

Edit: I remember the last time I pointed this out and Groghan said something along the lines of them not having anything definite to say (such as release dates or anything about what the new stuff was sounding like). I didn't bother to reply back than cause I thought it'd be sad if the members didn't have anything to say and I'm sticking by that. It is fascinating though(!) and that's why I can't stop coming to this place even though I think 80% of you guys are completely deluded and in desperate need of not taking things so seriously all the time (and well, I still do consider G n R to be the best band ever and I'll never lose hope that they'll one day release more music and I'm certain that I'll hear of it here first).

Edited by Funcadelic