Top 40 Money Makers

gnr2012

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slightly off topic but isn't Advil just another brand of ibuprofen in the states? Whats that point of advertising that? o_O

Slightly off topic answer,Yes it's Ibuprophen,don't know why the public would pay more for the brand name,over the generic. :shrugs:

Edited by sailaway

Slightly off topic but isn't Advil just another brand of ibuprofen in the states? Whats that point of advertising that? o_O

Yes that is all it is. But they are paying Jon a hellva lot of money to do it. He is putting the money earned into his charity foundation. Here is another fact any solo work Jon does all the monies he earns go to his charities. But I do have agree with sailaway on one point Jon is a pompass ass.

Sailaway why do u care so much about a man you have so much anger built up for?

Because he made a commercial that has one sentence you didn't like....that matters more than the millions of dollars that that commercial made for charity? He is well known for his charity work, but he is a prick because he doesn't do it all anonymously? If Axl went to a children's hospital tomorrow there would be a 50 page topic on what a great guy he is. But if JBJ funded a 10 million dollar children's music and art foundation, you would rip him apart if he mentioned that he did it in a magazine interview.

And you think Axl isn't a pompous arrogant jerk in real life? Are you new to the GnR world?

And how do you know that JBJ doesn't write songs that mean something to him? And you are implying that Axl only writes songs that are from his soul. Shacklers? Scraped? Used to love her? Back off bitch? Every band writes soul baring songs. Every band writes fun cheesy songs. Every band writes a song or two that they hope will be hits. Every band and singer - from Axl Rose to JBJ - hopes to make money from their musical efforts.

And yes. I'm sure that JBJ sits home at night crying because GnR made the hall of fame. Because that is the goal of all musicians. Funny, if Axl said something negative about another band all of u would be gushing about how he is a true rock star who isn't afraid to speak his mind in public. But if somebody says something negative about Axl.....then that guy is a jealous no-talent prick. Too funny.

Oh wait. Ignore everything I just posted. I remember now that video showing Axl saying "bon jovi can suck my dick." That means to be a true GnR fan, and to show how rock n roll I am, I must hate bon jovi as well.

To close,

I love GnR.

I think they are a way better band than Bon Jovi.

I haven't bought a BJ album since These Days. Great album, by the way.

I would take Axl as a singer over JBJ any day of the week.

But to say that Axl is more respected because of his lack of musical production, the way he treats people than Bon Jovi is......because BJ puts out albums and keeps their fans happy.......is ludicrous.

I love GnR 100 times more than I like Bon Jovi. But Bon Jovi treats their fans 100 times better than Axl ever has. If giving your fans music, tours and band updates is being a sell out....then sell out is actually a compliment.

Slightly off topic answer,Yes it's Ibuprophen,don't know why the public would pay more for the brand name,over the generic. :shrugs:

Yup, thats what I thought. Its like advertising for paracetamol, people are gonna buy it anyway and Docs will prescribe it regardless. We have ads for Nurofen in U.K but at least they try harder to make their product seem like more than "just Ibuprophen".

Because he made a commercial that has one sentence you didn't like....that matters more than the millions of dollars that that commercial made for charity? He is well known for his charity work, but he is a prick because he doesn't do it all anonymously? If Axl went to a children's hospital tomorrow there would be a 50 page topic on what a great guy he is. But if JBJ funded a 10 million dollar children's music and art foundation, you would rip him apart if he mentioned that he did it in a magazine interview.

And you think Axl isn't a pompous arrogant jerk in real life? Are you new to the GnR world?

And how do you know that JBJ doesn't write songs that mean something to him? And you are implying that Axl only writes songs that are from his soul. Shacklers? Scraped? Used to love her? Back off bitch? Every band writes soul baring songs. Every band writes fun cheesy songs. Every band writes a song or two that they hope will be hits. Every band and singer - from Axl Rose to JBJ - hopes to make money from their musical efforts.

And yes. I'm sure that JBJ sits home at night crying because GnR made the hall of fame. Because that is the goal of all musicians. Funny, if Axl said something negative about another band all of u would be gushing about how he is a true rock star who isn't afraid to speak his mind in public. But if somebody says something negative about Axl.....then that guy is a jealous no-talent prick. Too funny.

Oh wait. Ignore everything I just posted. I remember now that video showing Axl saying "bon jovi can suck my dick." That means to be a true GnR fan, and to show how rock n roll I am, I must hate bon jovi as well.

To close,

I love GnR.

But to say that Axl is more respected because of his lack of musical production, the way he treats people than Bon Jovi is......because BJ puts out albums and keeps their fans happy.......is ludicrous.

I love GnR 100 times more than I like Bon Jovi. But Bon Jovi treats their fans 100 times better than Axl ever has. If giving your fans music, tours and band updates is being a sell out....then sell out is actually a compliment.

why bonjovi sucks

Oh and this:

Quote:

March 3, 2006 -- JON Bon Jovi is disgusted that rock rival Axl Rose gets more media attention than he does, because the reclusive Guns N' Roses frontman "hasn't made a record in 13 years." Jon can't seem to get over the fact that the press will always be more fascinated with the bad boy legacy of GNR than they are with the comparatively bland Bon Jovi, reports contactmusic.com. He fumes, "You know what I've done in 13 years? A lot. But they have continued to write about the freak show aspect of him. Because he's a recluse. That makes him interesting, right?"

nypost.com

And this:

Jon Bon Jovi is an idiot

march 14, 2011 - 9:44 pm

Besides making terrible music, Jon Bon Jovi is also into saying just blatantly stupid things. Apparently, he blames Steve Jobs for the downfall of the music industry. His words:

Kids today have missed the whole experience of putting the headphones on, turning it up to 10, holding the jacket, closing their eyes and getting lost in an album; and the beauty of taking your allowance money and making a decision based on the jacket, not knowing what the record sounded like, and looking at a couple of still pictures and imagining it..

God, it was a magical, magical time…I hate to sound like an old man now, but I am, and you mark my words, in a generation from now people are going to say: ‘What happened?’ Steve Jobs is personally responsible for killing the music business.

Really, Jon? Really? I’m not here to glorify Steve Jobs, but let’s take a moment here and look at this. Steve Jobs did not invent digital music. Steve Jobs did not invent illegal file sharing and the pirating of music. Steve Jobs did not make shitty music.

What Steve did do was help put together a device for listening to music and a music store that gave the music industry a fighting chance against illegal downloading of music. The iTunes Store was the first online music store that caught on and part of the reason that it did catch on was because of the success of the iPod. Without iTunes making it, other online music stores would have almost definitely failed when competing against FREE.

When given the choice between paying for something or getting it free, most kids are going to go with free. Steve never gave the music away.

The problems with the music industry are many, but I think one of the biggest is the fact that their products suck. The mainstream music industry doesn’t put out records worth buying. They haven’t in a long time. Independent artists still get the concept of putting together albums, but the mainstream industry that complains to no end that they can’t sell records fails to understand that, with few exceptions, they aren’t producing anything worth buying.

Then, you have the fact that the music industry which very clearly is just pissed off about the fact that they lost their chance to profit from digital music by fighting against it for years. Instead of trying to embrace their fans, they treat(ed) like criminals. Had they not sued the pants off of their own customers and instead tried to get onboard with digital music right away, you’d be looking at a different story.

Pirating music and illegal downloading is definitely not good for the big name record labels, but it, nor Mr. Jobs, iPods, or iTunes, are the reason for the music industry being a mess. Shitty music and a big ol’ finger-to-the-fans is.

And let’s be real, the music business will never die, Jon, just YOUR music business. Music will always exist and people will always love it and enjoy it. Things may never be the same, but while music as a whole is still transforming a bit because of the internet and things haven’t really solidified yet, it will not go away. There will always be people that love making music and make great music purely for that reason.

If Jon Bon Jovi was really the idealist that he claims to be, he wouldn’t still be selling his music via the iTunes Store while making comments against its visionary.

Besides, when was the last time Bon Jovi was even a relevant artist anyway?

And this:

Bonjovi cheats on Taxes

And-He is also whining about "not being on Forbes List,citing that Bono is"

Groghan:

If I don't reply to you anymore,its intentional and for future posts: PM someone if you want to personally correct their warped thinking with your brilliant insight and endless unshaken faux integrity.

Back to discussion :)

Edited by sailaway

We've already made our points. You're going further because you want to. If those pop prock uninspired albums they've been releasing through the past decades came from the soul, more power to them - but they're a bunch of uninspired musicians that can't write for shit nowadays. I simply don't believe. They're too pathetic and easy to listen to so they'll be on the radio anyways. That's most likely why they release these albums. Plus Jon is known for his contributions with "relevant" bands like The All American Rejects, so it's quite simple that they don't give a fuck about the quality of their songs, they want to sell them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbzwY2B37L8 (FF to about 6 min in)

So he claims he's a nice father, loyal husband and all but go on saying how he would use a lot of money to make her happy. Sorry, that's too embarrasing for a loyal man and her answer was the best she could give.

We've already made our points. You're going further because you want to. If those pop prock uninspired albums they've been releasing through the past decades came from the soul, more power to them - but they're a bunch of uninspired musicians that can't write for shit nowadays. I simply don't believe. They're too pathetic and easy to listen to so they'll be on the radio anyways. That's most likely why they release these albums. Plus Jon is known for his contributions with "relevant" bands like The All American Rejects, so it's quite simple that they don't give a fuck about the quality of their songs, they want to sell them.

And why don't they have a top 10 hit in the US since 1994?

They have a strong fanbase like U2, the Stones, AC/DC. They don't need radio or MTV.

MTV stopped promoting them heavily in the early 90s, when Grunge was the next trend to follow.

Where are 99% of the 80s/90s easy to listen to bands? Only the decent music will be relevant post-heyday.

Plus Jon is known for his contributions with "relevant" bands like The All American Rejects, so it's quite simple that they don't give a fuck about the quality of their songs, they want to sell them.

...I liked All American Rejects... :hides:

To close,

I love GnR.

why bonjovi sucks

Oh and this:

Quote:

March 3, 2006 -- JON Bon Jovi is disgusted that rock rival Axl Rose gets more media attention than he does, because the reclusive Guns N' Roses frontman "hasn't made a record in 13 years." Jon can't seem to get over the fact that the press will always be more fascinated with the bad boy legacy of GNR than they are with the comparatively bland Bon Jovi, reports contactmusic.com. He fumes, "You know what I've done in 13 years? A lot. But they have continued to write about the freak show aspect of him. Because he's a recluse. That makes him interesting, right?"

nypost.com

And this:

Jon Bon Jovi is an idiot

march 14, 2011 - 9:44 pm

Besides making terrible music, Jon Bon Jovi is also into saying just blatantly stupid things. Apparently, he blames Steve Jobs for the downfall of the music industry. His words:

Kids today have missed the whole experience of putting the headphones on, turning it up to 10, holding the jacket, closing their eyes and getting lost in an album; and the beauty of taking your allowance money and making a decision based on the jacket, not knowing what the record sounded like, and looking at a couple of still pictures and imagining it..

God, it was a magical, magical time…I hate to sound like an old man now, but I am, and you mark my words, in a generation from now people are going to say: ‘What happened?’ Steve Jobs is personally responsible for killing the music business.

Really, Jon? Really? I’m not here to glorify Steve Jobs, but let’s take a moment here and look at this. Steve Jobs did not invent digital music. Steve Jobs did not invent illegal file sharing and the pirating of music. Steve Jobs did not make shitty music.

What Steve did do was help put together a device for listening to music and a music store that gave the music industry a fighting chance against illegal downloading of music. The iTunes Store was the first online music store that caught on and part of the reason that it did catch on was because of the success of the iPod. Without iTunes making it, other online music stores would have almost definitely failed when competing against FREE.

When given the choice between paying for something or getting it free, most kids are going to go with free. Steve never gave the music away.

The problems with the music industry are many, but I think one of the biggest is the fact that their products suck. The mainstream music industry doesn’t put out records worth buying. They haven’t in a long time. Independent artists still get the concept of putting together albums, but the mainstream industry that complains to no end that they can’t sell records fails to understand that, with few exceptions, they aren’t producing anything worth buying.

Then, you have the fact that the music industry which very clearly is just pissed off about the fact that they lost their chance to profit from digital music by fighting against it for years. Instead of trying to embrace their fans, they treat(ed) like criminals. Had they not sued the pants off of their own customers and instead tried to get onboard with digital music right away, you’d be looking at a different story.

Pirating music and illegal downloading is definitely not good for the big name record labels, but it, nor Mr. Jobs, iPods, or iTunes, are the reason for the music industry being a mess. Shitty music and a big ol’ finger-to-the-fans is.

And let’s be real, the music business will never die, Jon, just YOUR music business. Music will always exist and people will always love it and enjoy it. Things may never be the same, but while music as a whole is still transforming a bit because of the internet and things haven’t really solidified yet, it will not go away. There will always be people that love making music and make great music purely for that reason.

If Jon Bon Jovi was really the idealist that he claims to be, he wouldn’t still be selling his music via the iTunes Store while making comments against its visionary.

Besides, when was the last time Bon Jovi was even a relevant artist anyway?

And this:

Bonjovi cheats on Taxes

And-He is also whining about "not being on Forbes List,citing that Bono is"

Groghan:

If I don't reply to you anymore,its intentional and for future posts: PM someone if you want to personally correct their warped thinking with your brilliant insight and endless unshaken faux integrity.

Back to discussion :)

The fact that you have so much anger and disgust for a POP singer......and have done so much research about him.......says something about you! Oh yea, didn't you recently post that you online stalked a poster that you didn't like in a forum to see what they were like in real life? That's pretty creepy man, but whatever floats your boat.

You worship Axl, who I believe has been accused of domestic violence by two ex's, who has a horrible reputation as being an arrogant prima donna, late start times, canceled shows, treats people like dirt, helped break up the original band, numerous fights, causing riots at shows, etc, etc, etc. But Bon Jovi deserves your hatred! Oh yea, Axl doesn't like Bon Jovi. So all the citizens of Nutterville must hate him too!!!!!

Me personally, I listen to a band if I like the sound of their music. I stopped letting their personal life and actions effect me....oh, maybe back in about 8th grade. I really don't care if Axl, Izzy, Slash, Steven, Matt, Duff or Bon Jovi of any musician is an arrogant jerk in real life. I'm not an obsessed fan. I care about the music. I don't care about all the other stuff that is so important to you.

You started a topic in AG and listed me as one of the best posters on here. Then I said something negative about Axl, and something positive about Bon Jovi and now I'm a constant target for your insults and anger.

Seriously, somebody your age should not take the internet and a rock and roll forum so seriously. Nothing that happens on a rock forum should make you angry, nor should it make you be a detective and try and find out inside information about random posters.

So knowing that about you, I 100% agree with you. Please don't respond to my posts, put me on ignore, etc. Keep carrying your grudges from topic to topic though, keep fighting the good fight. Good luck to you man, good luck. You promise that you won't, but we all know that you will still reply to my posts!!!! I honestly won't be offended if you don't.

Back on topic.

Bon Jovi gives his fans tours, new music, videos and information concerning the bands future plans and albums.....if that means he is a sell out, I wish Axl was a sell out.

Edited by Groghan

Bon Jovi gives his fans tours, new music, videos and information concerning the bands future plans and albums.....if that means he is a sell out, I wish Axl was a sell out.

You are still ignoring everything we said, so we're going into circles. There's no need to explain this further to you - we get it, you like Bon Jovi, think that his shitty pop-ish music is relevant nowadays and loves his self promoting interviews and you're also cool with his arrogance. I'll say exactly what I think about Bon Jovi: FUCK BON JOVI AND HIS MUSIC. Give me a Chinese Democracy over the whole Bon Jovi discography in a heartbeat. I know that a good amout of music fans wouldn't agree with me, but give me quality over quantity any-fucking-time. Fuck radio play, fuck Justin Bieber, fuck YouTube views - music is important to us and how you show the world your music. But don't come and tell me that releasing shitty albums just to be relevant is important because it will only make artists richer, not their music relevant.

You are still ignoring everything we said, so we're going into circles. There's no need to explain this further to you - we get it, you like Bon Jovi, think that his shitty pop-ish music is relevant nowadays and loves his self promoting interviews and you're also cool with his arrogance. I'll say exactly what I think about Bon Jovi: FUCK BON JOVI AND HIS MUSIC. Give me a Chinese Democracy over the whole Bon Jovi discography in a heartbeat. I know that a good amout of music fans wouldn't agree with me, but give me quality over quantity any-fucking-time. Fuck radio play, fuck Justin Bieber, fuck YouTube views - music is important to us and how you show the world your music. But don't come and tell me that releasing shitty albums just to be relevant is important because it will only make artists richer, not their music relevant.

Oh my gosh.

No, you don't get it at all.

Let me make it simple for you. Take yourself out of Nutterville for two minutes. Try and keep up here. Maybe take notes.

In terms of musician talent......in terms of singing ability......I would take Axl over JBJ every day of the year.

Nobody has said bon jovi's music is better than GnRs.

But in terms of keeping their fans happy, Bon Jovi is miles ahead of GnR. They put out albums, they tour, put out videos, and keep their fans updated with news about the band. GnR USED to do this. There was a magical era where they released four albums in about a six year span. Tons of videos. Tons of media. You must have hated that creative period, but I loved it.

You and a couple others on here don't have faith that Axl can release more than one album a decade without losing his artistic integrity. I, on the other hand, think the guy is an amazing talent and that he could very easily create 3-4 songs a year that would be keepers. You don't.

I've never once said that bon jovi released music that I thought was better. The debate has never been who is the more talented musician. Axl wins, hands down. But in terms of which band treats their fans better......that isn't even a close call. Poll BJ fans and Axl fans and see who is happier. Fans of a band that releases music on a routine basis, or the band that has put out one album in the last decade.

I would rather have 100 songs by Axl and this band over the next decade. You think he isn't capable of writing that many "great" songs and would prefer 14. That is where u and I differ. I think Axl is much more talented than you do.

Let me make it simple for you. Take yourself out of Nutterville for two minutes. Try and keep up here. Maybe take notes.

You and a couple others on here don't have faith that Axl can release more than one album a decade without losing his artistic integrity. I, on the other hand, think the guy is an amazing talent and that he could very easily create 3-4 songs a year that would be keepers. You don't.

Imagine a world where Axl had released three albums, a live album, and a dvd since 2000. You would prefer 1 album instead?

That would be a perfect scenario imo. Axl is clearly holding guys like Bucket, Ron and Robin back - several GNR and music fans would be listening to 2 or 3 more albums written/recorded by them if he wanted to release more albums, but he refuses to release them for some reason. I don't know the reason, but that's frustrating, yea. A whole fkn' lot actually.

So I am in Nutterville and you're the one ignoring every point we make just to make your not-so-clever point. Read again what I said. You ignore every post we make just because it doesn't fit your whining agenda. I never said I'm happy with this situation but you keep going on forever about 'nutters not wanting new music'... STOP that. You are embarrasing yourself. Nobody ever said that we don't want new albums, press, interviews, videos, etc. Stop making stuff up for once. This will not all of sudden make your point relevant or coherent.

I would rather have 100 songs by Axl and this band over the next decade. You think he isn't capable of writing that many "great" songs and would prefer 14. That is where u and I differ. I think Axl is much more talented than you do.

I already mentioned how you take things out of context, but this one is laughable. They have/had some of the best musicians in Guns for the past decade so I sincerely don't think they could make relevant records. You only mentioned Axl, but I mentioned the band because Axl never made a record by his own.

So all in all - I DO want a new record by all means. I DO want more videos, interviews, DVDs, live footage, etc. No, I WOULDN'T want a record like Bon Jovi's pop-rock generic The Circle. I think it's pretty clear already that I - alongside with several others - made our points so there's absolutely no need to go into circles once again.

But in terms of keeping their fans happy, Bon Jovi is miles ahead of GnR. They put out albums, they tour, put out videos, and keep their fans updated with news about the band. GnR USED to do this. There was a magical era where they released four albums in about a six year span. Tons of videos. Tons of media. You must have hated that creative period, but I loved it.

yet the loser complained because "Axl who hadn't released an album in 14 years" was getting more attention than him.

Anyone having watched that video can't take Bon Jovi seriously anymore, except maybe Black Horse :crazy:

Imagine a world where Axl had released three albums, a live album, and a dvd since 2000. You would prefer 1 album instead?

That would be a perfect scenario imo. Axl is clearly holding guys like Bucket, Ron and Robin back - several GNR and music fans would be listening to 2 or 3 more albums written/recorded by them if he wanted to release more albums, but he refuses to release them for some reason. I don't know the reason, but that's frustrating, yea. A whole fkn' lot actually.

So I am in Nutterville and you're the one ignoring every point we make just to make your not-so-clever point. Read again what I said. You ignore every post we make just because it doesn't fit your whining agenda. I never said I'm happy with this situation but you keep going on forever about 'nutters not wanting new music'... STOP that. You are embarrasing yourself. Nobody ever said that we don't want new albums, press, interviews, videos, etc. Stop making stuff up for once. This will not all of sudden make your point relevant or coherent.

I already mentioned how you take things out of context, but this one is laughable. They have/had some of the best musicians in Guns for the past decade so I sincerely don't think they could make relevant records. You only mentioned Axl, but I mentioned the band because Axl never made a record by his own.

So all in all - I DO want a new record by all means. I DO want more videos, interviews, DVDs, live footage, etc. No, I WOULDN'T want a record like Bon Jovi's pop-rock generic The Circle. I think it's pretty clear already that I - alongside with several others - made our points so there's absolutely no need to go into circles once again.

Bon Jovi Play On Roof, Remain World’s Worst Band

June 9, 2010 at 2:55 pm

There are plenty of good things about London’s O2 arena. For one, it’s situated on a windy peninsula.

Then there’s the material. The exterior dome of the arena is made of a PTFE-coated fibreglass, which can become slippery when subjected to rain. And then there’s the fact that, at its highest point, the O2 arena is 170 feet high. Bon Jovi played on the roof of the O2 arena yesterday, so it was too much to ask for them to lose their balance on the fibreglass surface, topple off the roof and shatter several bones in the process.

But did that happen? Did it hell. Once again, Bon Jovi continue to be a staggering let-down.

Remember when The Beatles played a brief set on top of the Apple building in 1969? Well, yesterday Bon Jovi had a shot at replicating that spectacle, with just three changes:

1) Instead of the Apple building,Bon Jovi played on top of London’s O2 arena,

2) The Beatles are an unimpeachably important landmark in the history of popular music, while Bon Jovi is a terrible band made up of idiots with awful haircuts,

3) Nobody cared.

But still, to mark their 12-date residency at the O2, Bon Jovi yesterday became the first band ever to play on the venue’s roof. Which,however you look at it, isn’t that impressive – it’d be just as easy to be the first band ever to play a set at the Sutton Coldfield branch of Nando’s, or be the first band ever to play a set wearing flippers at a nursing home, or the first band ever to play a set with cats Sellotaped onto their faces like pirate beards. What’s our point here? That Bon Jovi is a terrible band, haven’t you been reading. The Telegraph reports:

The rock group kicked off their 12-date residency at the Greenwich venue with the rooftop performance, which was beamed liveonto Peninsula Square’s High Definition Screen for fans in front of the Arena. The musicians were helped by trained mountaineers to reach the top of the roof, which stands as high as Nelson’s Column at 58 metres above the ground.

Missed the performance? Don’t worry, you can always do the next best thing by putting some Barbie dolls on top of your garden shed, walking so far away that you can barely see them and then paying a homeless man to whisper a selection of bad 1980s soft metal songs at you. Perfect.

:lol: :lol:

Edited by sailaway

Don’t worry, you can always do the next best thing by putting some Barbie dolls on top of your garden shed, walking so far away that you can barely see them and then paying a homeless man to whisper a selection of bad 1980s soft metal songs at you. Perfect.

:lol: :lol:

I bet this guy hates Guns N' Roses, since they looked as feminine (or even more) as Bon Jovi.