Top 40 Money Makers

gnr2012

Love them or hate them, Bon Jovi has given their fans what they want for the past 20 years

Im not into lame ballads and pop rockers, sorry. Thats what they've been doing since the 90's. Probably the same reason as to why they werent inducted to RNRHOF - they sold their souls to Jonas Brothers and The All American Reject fans and lost respect from media and musicians. Its no wonder why even Bon Jovi fans hate some of their last albums. They suck musically. I cant even listen to their lastest album because it's the worst album I've ever heard. So yea, that's not for me and Im glad Axl didnt turn Guns into a Bon Jovi - they would not be inducted to the HOF if he did imo.

Good for you!

Bon Jovi doesnt make music for you, they make it for their fans.

I bet the majority of Bon Jovi fans feel the same way about Chinese democracy.

It is fine that his music apparently offends you so much. A little weird, but whatever. They sell more albums, win more music industry awards, and more people go to their concerts than fans go to GnR shows.....so u may hate them, but more people like and respect them than GnR.

Odd though, I've never heard one person ever say that they wished that GnR put out the same type of music that BJ does? Have you?

Me personally? I would love if Axl put out as much music as Bon Jovi did. I have faith that my favorite singer could put out a quality album every 3 years. Maybe you don't have that same faith in his song writing and music creating ability.

At the end of the day, Bon jovi gives their fans what they want. Which is consistent music. Axl does what he wants.

Imagine a world where Axl had released three albums, a live album, and a dvd since 2000. You would prefer 1 album instead?

Please...

1. Axl has recorded four albums since 2000. He's only released one so far.

2. DJ Ashba has already composed a fifth album of new songs.

3. Even if Chinese Democracy I was the only album he created, I would still prefer that to the crap Jon Bon Crappy has released.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bon Jovi is no different than Coldplay. Coldplay has built their success on ripping off the softer side of better bands like Oasis and Radiohead. Shit the "fans" can wave their cell phone backgrounds too. Then they throw in a rocker to get the stimulants going.

For some reason the human mind responds to slow songs and lyrics that have the word "baby" in it (Bieber). The majority of people like that generic crap. Most GN'R fans are immune to that. We like shit that is way more sleazy and ballads that have earn our lighters and cell phone backgrounds.

Excuse Axl for giving rock and roll fans what they want. Old songs, bad ass covers and hopefully a new album.

Edited by BirdCatcher

Love them or hate them, Bon Jovi has given their fans what they want for the past 20 years

Im not into lame ballads and pop rockers, sorry. Thats what they've been doing since the 90's. Probably the same reason as to why they werent inducted to RNRHOF - they sold their souls to Jonas Brothers and The All American Reject fans and lost respect from media and musicians. Its no wonder why even Bon Jovi fans hate some of their last albums. They suck musically. I cant even listen to their lastest album because it's the worst album I've ever heard. So yea, that's not for me and Im glad Axl didnt turn Guns into a Bon Jovi - they would not be inducted to the HOF if he did imo.

Bon Jovi just makes the same generic crap because that is what sells. Anyone can write a ballad with lyrics that supposedly touches people. A ballad is the best way to get a hit. Just like Nickelback writing songs that appeals to the masses. It's about selling out stadiums and mp3 files. Axl is all about quality. Even if the record takes years,he is not going to release it until he feels it's ready.

I think Nickelback, Creed, or Chris Daughtry just know what works for their audience, if anything, they're ripoffs of Live.

Im not into lame ballads and pop rockers, sorry.

clearly many more are.

Even Axl released The Blues as a single, what do you think he was hoping would happen?

Edited by moreblack

Most people want predictable music.

I am afraid that is the direction Axl is going, why else would be hire DJ Ashba?

I don't get this rationale. Axl hired Robin Finck prior to the writing of Chinese Democracy. Did that record sound like NIN? Axl hired Tommy Stinson prior to the writing of Chinese Democracy. Did the record sound like The Replacements, Perfect, Bash & Pop or Tommy's Village Gorilla Head record? Axl hired Chris Pittman prior to the writing of Chinese Democracy. Did the record sound like Lusk or SexTapes?

All answers are no.

Ali

No but the album had Buckethead all over it. I mean his style is clear as day on the record. Ron's fretless riffs and solos were all over the album too.

As for Finck, Finck never wrote for NIN. That was all Trent Reznor. Nobody really knew what Finck was made of until he was in GN'R. Finck is an alternative guitarist.

Chris and Tommy are just background noise, the real significant part of the sound are the guitar and the guys who play them.

Bon Jovi just makes the same generic crap because that is what sells. Anyone can write a ballad with lyrics that supposedly touches people. A ballad is the best way to get a hit. Just like Nickelback writing songs that appeals to the masses. It's about selling out stadiums and mp3 files. Axl is all about quality. Even if the record takes years,he is not going to release it until he feels it's ready.

Yes, that's annoying about Bon Jovi. That's why I still respect Axl - he's in for the quality, not quantity.

I suppose you know the difference betweet a generic pop rock album like The Circus and a Hard Rock album like Chinese Democracy - there's much more to Chinese Democracy than pop-ish ballads and generic rockers, you know that. The whole world could hate Chinese Democracy and love The Circus - it wouldn't change the fact that Chinese is still a Hard Rock album with several influences that don't go to the pop route that Bon Jovi's following.

It is fine that his music apparently offends you so much. A little weird, but whatever. They sell more albums, win more music industry awards, and more people go to their concerts than fans go to GnR shows.....so u may hate them, but more people like and respect them than GnR.

No, not by a long shot. First of all - a lot of people do not respect them. Some do, some don't. Hate Axl all you want - he's still himself and won't release shitty albums for the sake of releasing albums. It's how HE wants, WHEN he wants. Bon Jovi didn't get inducted to HOF, they were nominated and never won. Guess why? People apparently are awere of him being a total sellout. A multiple award winner and relevant artist nowadays couldn't even be inducted to HOF.

More people go to Justin Bieber shows but does that mean he's better than, let's say, AC/DC. The popularity and awards comments would make sense on a Jonas Brothers forum, not this one.

Me personally? I would love if Axl put out as much music as Bon Jovi did. I have faith that my favorite singer could put out a quality album every 3 years. Maybe you don't have that same faith in his song writing and music creating ability.

Yes, I would love if Axl put out as much music as Bon Jovi. But if that meant releasing albums for the sake of releasing albums - please NO or I'd loose respect for him.

At the end of the day, Bon jovi gives their fans what they want. Which is consistent music. Axl does what he wants.

Yes, but he doesn't do that for his fans. He does that for the money, the fame. Or do you think that his fans enjoyed him going on stage with The All American Rejects? He does things for the fame. He's a sellout, simply put.

Axl wrote a song for the likes of Bon Jovi. You know which one, right? "Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself... to live with fortune and shame"

Imagine a world where Axl had released three albums, a live album, and a dvd since 2000. You would prefer 1 album instead?

That would be a perfect scenario imo. Axl is clearly holding guys like Bucket, Ron and Robin back - several GNR and music fans would be listening to 2 or 3 more albums written/recorded by them if he wanted to release more albums, but he refuses to release them for some reason. I don't know the reason, but that's frustrating, yea. A whole fkn' lot actually.

Even Axl released The Blues as a single, what do you think he was hoping would happen?

It is not a lame ass ballad. It has two amazing solos, awesome vocals, awesome riffing throughout, etc.

Most people want predictable music.

I am afraid that is the direction Axl is going, why else would be hire DJ Ashba?

I don't get this rationale. Axl hired Robin Finck prior to the writing of Chinese Democracy. Did that record sound like NIN? Axl hired Tommy Stinson prior to the writing of Chinese Democracy. Did the record sound like The Replacements, Perfect, Bash & Pop or Tommy's Village Gorilla Head record? Axl hired Chris Pittman prior to the writing of Chinese Democracy. Did the record sound like Lusk or SexTapes?

All answers are no.

Yes, but he clearly wanted those guys' works to be heard on the album. He was into Lusk at the time just how he was into NIN at the same time. He wanted those guys to create music that did suit his vision - and that includes Lusk, NIN, etc. I won't mention Mats because Tommy was invited to join them by Freese, so it was an advice, not Axl's vision.

Good for you!

Odd though, I've never heard one person ever say that they wished that GnR put out the same type of music that BJ does? Have you?

Good post. I personally do not like Bon Jovi or his music but you are correct, he gives the fans what THEY want and Axl gives speeches like this Isn't Burger King where you can have It your way. Axl does what Axl wants(1 new album-not a cover album In 21 years) and that's why you see Bon Jovi playing stadiums and full size arenas(17,000-20,000) and Guns playing to 6,000 people per show In half filled arenas.

Axl'd die to be as relevant and big like Bon Jovi, AC/DC, U2 and the Stones.

Really? And you know this because...? Oh wait, you don't know it, and apparently have forgotten that Axl has been so off the radar for the past few years that your snarky observation is null and void based on Axl's un-promotion of himself and the band.

Edited by Popcorn's Timbre

Really? And you know this because...? Oh wait, you don't know it, and apparently have forgotten that Axl has been so off the radar for the past few years that your snarky observation is null and void based on Axl's un-promotion of himself and the band.

HA! Here's bonjovi's current release!! :lol:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2HbgLknbVs

Edited by sailaway

As I have posted before this is not Bon Jovi this is Jon Bon Jovi. The money he is making on this add all goes to his charity. Don't get me wrong I don't like the man and I don't like BJ music. Sambora is the only redeeming assest they have. But to diss them and say they are not what they are is laughable. They are a very successful band that has stayed together for 30 years. There fans have all of them vids and interviews. Jon addresses them at least twice a year on up coming plans. The bands has open interviews where fans are invited along with media anyone can ask any question and it will get answered. This band totally caters to there fans.

Edited by sleeper

As I have posted before this is not Bon Jovi this is Jon Bon Jovi. The money he is making on this add all goes to his charity. Don't get me wrong I don't like the man and I don't like BJ music. Sambora is the only redeeming assest they have. But to diss them and say they are not what they are is laughable. They are a very successful band that has stayed together for 30 years. There fans have all of them vids and interviews. Jon addresses them at least twice a year on up coming plans. The bands has open interviews where fans are invited along with media anyone can ask any question and it will get answered. This band totally caters to there fans.

In other words, he's a sell out. If Axl had any interest in prostituting himself for fortune and shame like that, he never would have made Chinese Democracy I-IV.

In other words, he's a sell out. If Axl had any interest in prostituting himself for fortune and shame like that, he never would have made Chinese Democracy I-IV.

Are you a product of in-breeding? Since when does catering to fans make an artist a sellout? And I don't recall mentioning Axl in my post.

I don't see how catering to your fans is being a "sell out."

Are you a product of in-breeding? Since when does catering to fans make an artist a sellout? And I don't recall mentioning Axl in my post.

In Nutterville.

The only place in the world where catering to your fans makes you less respected than a band that doesn't care about their fans.

A place where "respect for my favorite singer" is more important than that singer releasing albums for his fans to enjoy.

They put out more albums, stay in touch with their fans more, donate more money to charity, put out more videos......ya, that Bon Jovi is a real prick to his fans.

Boy, Axl was a real prick too back in the old days. Being in a Clinton eastwood movie, putting out two albums at once, about ten videos from those albums, constant touring, multiple interviews. I am glad that Axl got our respect back and reclaimed his musical integrity back from 1998-2012.

Thank God that GnR fans are not having an effect on the band. I hope he never becomes a sell out and does things with his fans in mind.

And too funny. I can remember tons of posts where people have said the hall of fame is a joke. But now that GnR is going, it is the most amazing honor in the world? Hilarious.

Pure creative drive and inspiration come from the soul,and aren't a response to what some "fans" demand,that essence is what makes a great and meaningful song people can relate to.

Do you really want your Rockers to "cater and cave in" to fans every whim? I don't,that is a version of being pussywhipped,and all the Advil in the world won't cure that.

Pure creative drive and inspiration come from the soul,and aren't a response to what some "fans" demand,that essence is what makes a great and meaningful song people can relate to.

Do you really want your Rockers to "cater and cave in" to fans every whim? I don't,that is a version of being pussywhipped,and all the Advil in the world won't cure that.

And who's to say Jon Bon Jovi's creative drive doesn't come from the soul? Their not responding to fans demands, their giving their fans what they want. New albums every few years, updates on upcoming projects, fan interviews, music video's, and a fully functional website.

And it's not just Bon Jovi who "cater and cave in" to their fans, there's many band who do it. It's called "caring about your fans." Releasing albums for your fans is what every rock band does, and should do.

And who's to say Jon Bon Jovi's creative drive doesn't come from the soul? Their not responding to fans demands, their giving their fans what they want. New albums every few years, updates on upcoming projects, fan interviews, music video's, and a fully functional website.

And it's not just Bon Jovi who "cater and cave in" to their fans, there's many band who do it. It's called "caring about your fans." Releasing albums for your fans is what every rock band does, and should do.

The need for fan adoration and money shouldn't be the driving force in the creation of real rock imo,that is "Nickleback thinking".

I'm not a nonbiased judge of Bonjovi's musical skills,I dont like the guy. He is a pompous ass even describing himself in the Advil commercial as "singer,father,Philanthropist" :lol:

Donate to causes you believe in,but don't brag about it.

Sambora has had a rough few years,he added some admirable harmonies,props to him.

Bonjovi has complained about GNR before,he comes off like a jealous little bitch and you know that GNR going into the RRHOF and Bonjovi being passed over is tweaking his frosted head.