Definitely Maybe vs. (What's The Story) Morning Glory

ITW 2012

Oasis  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's already been a poll on this before. I'll say then what I said now... Morning Glory just sounds like a period of my life, summer when I was 5 years old and Wonderwall and Don't Look Back In Anger would come on in the car... Simple, happy days. For that reason I couldn't vote for anything else.

There's already been a poll on this before. I'll say then what I said now... Morning Glory just sounds like a period of my life, summer when I was 5 years old and Wonderwall and Don't Look Back In Anger would come on in the car... Simple, happy days. For that reason I couldn't vote for anything else.

Brothers In Arms (Dire Straits), Hero Of The Day (MetallicA) and The Division Bell have this effect on me as well.

What's the Story mainly cos the sound is more rock. DM always makes me think of indie records like The Queen is dead. but on Morning glory I just see Liam having two glasses of jd either side of his bed drinking until show time. Don't Look Back in Anger, Wonderwall, Cast No Shadow plus all the rockers, they pulled it off the ultimate follow up.

This. Except I'm 6 in my daydream. You're like my Scottish kindred spirit.

Guest Len B'stard

My memories of Whats the Story Morning Glory remind me of waiting for the school-bus :lol: And shoplifting...and standing outside cornershops with a girl called Tasha going "excuse me, can you buy us some fags please?". They always agreed when she asked too....fucking perverts <_<

Best albums? To be honest, i can't listen to them no more, i've heard em into the fucking ground. I mean, i been listening to em since i was like 12 yrs old (although DM is on my ipod atm, tried listening to it, it's wonderful but jus end up skipping my way through it, just heard it too many times). Better album though? Fuck me, Definitely Maybe, definitely. Morning Glorys brilliant though, a bit grander. Noel taking his job as spokesperson of a generation a little seriously as someone once said :lol:

Gotta be Definitely Maybe though, all fuckin day. I think WTSMG gets a bit of a bad rap but i'll tell ya, it's release was REALLY something...like something huge, that is one of them fuckin albums that, God, you just saw it everywhere...they totally pillaged it for singles too so it was just fuckin EVERYWHERE you went. People go on about Wonderwall, fuck me, Don't Look Back In Anger was fucking everywhere too.

Edited by sugaraylen

WTSMG gets my vote.

DM is a superb album, and its high points define what Oasis were all about. Live Forever and Slide Away are probably two of the greatest songs ever written IMO. But the album has its weak points and tracks that I often skip (Shakermaker, Up in the Sky, Cigarettes and Alcohol)

WTSMG is the ultimate follow-up, with a huge collection of hits. The John Lennon-esque piano intro to Dont Look Back in Anger.... Wonderwall, Champagne Supernova, the wall of guitars on Hello and the title track Whats the Story, the more poignant Cast No Shadow. One of the best albums of all-time and the sound of a generation in the UK in the 90's

Speaking of Oasis, when I hear Axl sing on TWAT (after the first guitar solo when he kicks in with 'Yeah there was a time, do you wanna know it all....'), it has that Liam Gallagher vibe about it

LA

Edited by LA_0013

All Around the World was meant to be the best Oasis song ever. as I remember there was a couple of duffers on BHN. Noel was saying how it goes on forever that album. Heathen Chemistry is good album. I like Don't Believe the Truth too. If Record Machine was an Oasis song it might have gone No. 1 in the UK. Some Might Say is a classic. The choppers in D You Know what I mean? are a template for video making. arriving by chopper is the only way to travel.