The Declare Your GNR Fandom Thread

ITW 2012

Man, I thought you were knowing that I was joking all the time. I'm shitting laughing here on seeing how people get annoyed easily. Sorry, guys.

Well played if you were really joking the whole time :thumbsup:

It's hard to tell when you are reading Internet posts.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

\

If you pay attention to the visual style of the members, you will realize that Ashba would fit right in this band.

We all remember the days Guns N' Roses was a rap band.

axl-rose2.jpg

And a Gypsy rock group

Axl-Rose-of-Guns-N-Roses--001.jpg

And a gay metal band

4964306478_60f30cb5f5.jpg

:lol: Cool post.

I'm a fan of all eras, but I guess if I had to pick I'd go with the UYI incarnation because there are simply so many memories I have associated with that band and that time. A lot of it has to do with how big the band was and how Mtv played their stuff all the time. I remember VHS recording the Live and Let Die video and watching it over...and over..and over... It had to be one of the most often played videos of that year. There was so much competition within rock music, which in some ways were reflective of the larger tides of the culture changing - to witness it captured so clearly encapsulated in music and music videos was something I'll always remember. Also I remember a half-hour (or hour) special on Mtv for the release of the Estranged video - can you imagine something like that today? - the performance with Elton at the VMAs, etc.

\

If you pay attention to the visual style of the members, you will realize that Ashba would fit right in this band.

We all remember the days Guns N' Roses was a rap band.

axl-rose2.jpg

And a Gypsy rock group

Axl-Rose-of-Guns-N-Roses--001.jpg

And a gay metal band

4964306478_60f30cb5f5.jpg

:lol: Cool post.

Post of the century.

There's nothing wrong with being a Hollywood Rose fan, but I'm just curious why you think Guns N' Roses was dying before they even released anything, and why you'd actually hate everything post-Tracii Guns.

Damn,Flayer is on the rampage again! You do lighten it up here!

Funny faux posts Bro :lol:

I'm a huge fan of AFD, Lies, UYI 1 & 2, and TSI. Those albums blew my mind when I was a teenager and they left me feeling like a very inspired person, Guns N' Roses was really the first rock band to click with me like that. I love everything about how they came together and eventually broke up, I think its an amazing story and some truly amazing music came out of it. I mean that shit really happened, I couldn't imagine it happening any other way. They'll always be my favorite band.

The new band is cool, I think they've made a great effort at reinventing the classic GNR sound over the years. I dig Chinese Democracy, its a solid album bar a few duds that just didn't do anything for me. Don't get me wrong I like it more than most albums made by other artists, Better and Catcher in the Rye are some of my favorite songs Axl has written, but its easily in last place as far as GNR records go imo. It's not like it captures a snapshot in time the same way the other albums do, the story behind it is very drawn out and frustrating to think about, I'd rather forget it to be honest. Following this band on the internet has been somewhat of a dragging nightmare for the most part, but I still follow them because I think Axl is the most bad ass singer to ever walk the planet.

I don't understand these "fans" who feel the need to constantly validate the new band by putting down the old band and treating it like a "you're either with us or against us" kind of thing. I know its just good ole fashion fanaticism getting out of hand but my god, the way most of the threads on this forum play out... I really hate like 60% of you pieces of shit

I hear you Sweetness,why can't we enjoy all incarnations of GNR and use all this bottled up rage and hate,channel it into something useful.

I'm tired of the same disagreements,they are redundant and boring.

Cheer up Sweetness :)

The new GnR is an emocore band. Sorry, but this is just the truth.

No,that is not THE Truth it is merely your attempt to get an emotional reaction out of someone here and/or draw attention to yourself.

I saw GNRs in 1988,and I have seen this incarnation in 2012 as well as other lineups.It is GNR,if you liked the "Appetite only" or "UYI only" you have recordings to listen to.

It is not necessary to dislike one incarnation to enjoy another.

Nop. Sorry, the truth is the truth. It's not a matter of opinion. It's emocore. Period. What's that Guess I'd have more fun in Catcher in the Rye if not an emo teenager crying? You can argue that it's a good band though, but then it will be a good emocore band, that's what I'm saying. If you have shame of liking an emocore band, then it's another problem. And I'm not trying to get anybody's attention here. I don't give a fuck to that. Remember this for the rest of your live, and live with it: you like an emocore band.

What the hell is an emocore band? What does that mean?

Does it mean you think Axl has turned into an emo type?

Have you listened to the lyrics to Nov rain? Estranged? SCOM? Think about you?

Rhiad, scraped, Twat, have nothing emo about them at all.

There was nothing emo about GnR in the 80s or in 2008.

CD sounds like the GnR from the Illusions era. If YOU think GnR sounds emo now, then you must think that GnR has always been emo. So you like an emocore band as well.

What is the point of labeling a band though? Why not just listen and enjoy the music?

I'm a radical fan. I just like the first incarnation of the band (Axl, Izzy, Tracii, Ole, and Rob). The rest is shit after shit and should have never existed. Slash? Duff? Appetite for Destruction? Don't make me laugh! Chinese Democracy? Since when an album with 500 guitars, 300 keyboards, 100 drums with electronic loops, and robot voices is something good? Are you talking about the same band? The only lineup that I acknow­ledge as Guns n' Roses is that that I described above. This band died in 1985, man, I'm serious. And the last hope I had of a true reunion has died with Ole.

If u hate the band then why are you here? Why not spend time on a forum of a band that you like?

Hi I'm a Nutter,but I agree with this.

GNR is not emocore,all good songs do carry some emotion in the music,if it didn't it would be bland and boring. GNR isn't bland,certainly not boring,the emotions in some songs are uber intense.

I suggest you know your topic matter before using terminology you don't understand.