Official GNR Australia 2012 thread

izzyreed

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I flew from Perth just to see GnR, tickets, accommodation, spending money cost well over 1,000. Totally worth it to see Axl in fine fuckin form, the outro of Rocket Queen a highlight, full of raspy goodness and not outta breath!

yeh i flew to all shows from perth... was money defo well spent. i know what you mean about RQ he seemed to handle the song like the old days of GNR

I'd love them to come but I don't know if friends would come with me, they don't really know them & don't know how they'd cope with the late starts. Sounds like there are a few people on here to meet up with though. I'm new to most of their music so don't mind the old songs being played.

I'd love them to come but I don't know if friends would come with me, they don't really know them & don't know how they'd cope with the late starts. Sounds like there are a few people on here to meet up with though. I'm new to most of their music so don't mind the old songs being played.

I'm female, flew to Adelaide from Melb on my own in 2010 and I caught up with some great ppl from this forum, had an awesome time and would do it all again.

Edited by Teejay

I'm female, flew to Adelaide from Melb on my own in 2010 and I hooked up with some great ppl from this forum, had an awesome time and would do it all again.

That's heartening to hear, we just need to get them here now :rolleyes:

Guest gunns5

I wasn't gonna say anything but fk it, there's a guy that frequents the forums who filmed the entire Adelaide show and it's in great quality both audio and visually, and wanted big $$ for it without considering any lower offers

call me bitter and nostalgic but I want the show and the guy is just enjoying waving the carrot

I wasn't gonna say anything but fk it, there's a guy that frequents the forums who filmed the entire Adelaide show and it's in great quality both audio and visually, and wanted big $$ for it without considering any lower offers

call me bitter and nostalgic but I want the show and the guy is just enjoying waving the carrot

Definitely don't pay for it, that goes against what the band want & if you aren't willing to share the footage then you're maybe not the nicest person around. :devil:

If people like him film concerts & make the fans pay then that gives security more rights to remove all cameras & phones from people entering who are more than happy to share what they have with others who couldn't make it. It costs nothing to film it & share, the most he could do is to ask for a donation to a charity in return for it but not to make money - hell that makes him no better than the E-bayers in my book. Get something for nothing, expect others to pay for it. dry.gif

There is or was great footage of Australia from the front row including Bumble doing the Aussie Aussie Aussie with the audience, Adelaide wouldn't have been that much different to the other shows they did here surely.

who cares about the Ozzys!!! much love from a Pom!! ;-)

Well at least we are easy to understand because we don't have accents!! :lol:

Interested to know if you all reckon the chance of them coming back to Australia in 2012 is almost a certainty?

I cant see it happening to be honest. Its a long way to come here and they've allready been touring for a long time. It would probably have to include Japan & NZ to make it worthwhile. Also, I'm wondering if the Aussie dollar being strong is a deterrent? Anyway, we can all dream. :)

Interested to know if you all reckon the chance of them coming back to Australia in 2012 is almost a certainty?

I cant see it happening to be honest. Its a long way to come here and they've allready been touring for a long time. It would probably have to include Japan & NZ to make it worthwhile. Also, I'm wondering if the Aussie dollar being strong is a deterrent? Anyway, we can all dream. :)

If they make the ticket prices $150 like they did in 2007 the tour could make money

I flew from Brisbane to see them in Townsville, Sydney, Adelaide.. Not sure if I would 'meet up' with fans again. Or might travel alone next time... I am keen for them to go to New Zealand as is Perth because I missed out on Perth 2010 but heard it was full of fuckwits... I would like to have enough $ to do all shows again and NZ but does take a toll on your health (well it did for me). So not sure if I would do cross-country again... but hey it is Axl after all and probably WILL cave in :D. Dunno how the guys do it all year around the world... Not sure on the whole backstage thing and if it is for me, but do hope they have VIP tickets next time they tour here, from what I heard they sound worth the money. would be cool to meet up with a few fans again but still unsure about it. I'm pretty shy about that stuff and probably why I missed out on stuff in 2010 LOL... I PRAY they come back soon... :wub:. I often wonder who ended up with my Axl flag in 2010 though at Townsville ( oh AND Townsville had the same fuckwit fans as Perth)... :(. I hope they come back soon, effin' miss them heaps!.

Edited by Melly4Axl