Axl scared Led Zep...

Chinaski

I wonder what Jim would think about the HOF. I think he'd want to whip the horse's eyes.

'When all else fails, we can whip the horses eyes, And make them sleep, and cry',is confusing; it has nothing to do with the 60's. You have to know details about Jim Morrison to understand what this was all about. It refers to the German philosopher, Friedrich Nietzsche,going insane in Turin while witnessing a horse being whipped and beaten in the street. Jim Morrison had an unusual interest in the philosopher's mental breakdown.

You cannot Petition the Lord with Prayer.

Love Soft Parade.

I was going for a Dead Horse and Atlas Shrugged reference, it came up in Dangerous Method I think. I always wondered what it meant.

I wonder what Jim would think about the HOF. I think he'd want to whip the horse's eyes.

'When all else fails, we can whip the horses eyes, And make them sleep, and cry',is confusing; it has nothing to do with the 60's. You have to know details about Jim Morrison to understand what this was all about. It refers to the German philosopher, Friedrich Nietzsche,going insane in Turin while witnessing a horse being whipped and beaten in the street. Jim Morrison had an unusual interest in the philosopher's mental breakdown.

You cannot Petition the Lord with Prayer.

Love Soft Parade.

I was going for a Dead Horse and Atlas Shrugged reference, it came up in Dangerous Method I think. I always wondered what it meant.

Wasted,this is a shitty quality Utube,but listen to the beginning where Jim yells "Wake Up" into the Mic.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=hbyt_l7wPAc

for some reason that doesn't work it just brings up a random youtube page.

I could see Jim/Axl surveying a riot going crazy trying to work out who they support. like gazing on the popular culture atrocity and just not knowing what to make of it. the will to power crumbles in the face of fame.

I could see Jim/Axl surveying a riot going crazy trying to work out who they support. like gazing on the popular culture atrocity and just not knowing what to make of it. the will to power crumbles in the face of fame.

The glory of modern mechanization.

It's called "scary commentary about Jim Morrison" by Dan Brockway.

Shitty vid,even for Utube,thought it was interesting with the "Wake Up" by J.M.

Gazing down into a melee' of a riot seems like what god must see when he looks at earth, a run down,trashy trailer park,chaotic and filthy,with people slinging shit everywhere.

Yeah because humans are narcissistic douchebags, duh. Anyway we're kinda going off-track here, let's not de-rail - it's a shame out of all Axl's big influences he never did anything with Plant and co. - the fact Plant didn't seem to recall his name is actually pretty sad IMO.

Plant and Page also seem to have memory lapses when it comes to songs they stole. I thought it was amusing that they forgot, but it was prob. a brain fart, I'm sure Elvis had a hard time remembering Led Zeppelin's names when they went to Graceland.

Gazing down into a melee' of a riot seems like what god must see when he looks at earth, a run down,trashy trailer park,chaotic and filthy,with people slinging shit everywhere.

Recently I've started to see humans as these grub like creatures that wriggle around on the surface of earth. oh wait I'm not god.

I think he would have gone, mostly because he was a blues fan, and would've been showing up to support that part of it.

He didn't leave The Doors because of any feud and had a good relationship with the record company for the most part. Wenner did the big interview with him during the trial, and really was intelligent & funny when he wasn't wasted. What can be said about the Oliver Stone movie, can be said about "Sid and Nancy" and "Factory Girl" - BASED on a true story. Directors that really took too much liberty with the truth, and were so off the charts wrong that it pissed a lot of people off that were there at the time.

Would the RRHOF had inducted The Doors had he lived? Not sure. I think the myth plays a big part in the induction. I think Morrison would've been writing screenplays and plays, put out a few poetry books, maybe recorded with The Doors but to a far lesser extent. I think the interest in seeing them live would've decreased immensely by '75. Manzarek got into producing bands like X, and maybe Morrison would've wanted him to work on the soundtrack music or get some bands on board to do the music for the movies.

Short answer: yeah, he would've thought it was good for blues artists and early pioneers in rock to be acknowledged. He wouldn't have cared if The Doors got a trophy, esp. if he had an Oscar or a Cannes Palm..

I like the idea of Axl scaring the fuck out of someone just by looking at em. Wasn't it Hetfield that said that only two guys he's known in his whole life have made a room go quiet when they entered: Bill Clinton and Axl. Intimidating? Ooozing charisma? Both?

It was Lars Ulrich who said something to that effect.

Edited by rabia

Recently I've started to see humans as these grub like creatures that wriggle around on the surface of earth. oh wait I'm not god.

Ha! It is a good thing for society I'm not either wasted.