Axl scared Led Zep...

Chinaski

I was just reading Neil Strauss' Everybody Loves You When You're Dead and this excerpt from the first Plant/Page interview fourteen years after the Zeppelin break-up made me laugh:

Is there anyone you've ever been scared to meet?

Plant: Jerry Lee Lewis, and maybe - what's that bloke that sings in Guns N' Roses?

Page: (laughs)

-------------------

That's my insignificant contribution to the forum for the day.

Has Axl ever sang any Zeppelin? I vaguely remember hearing some audio of Shark Island (maybe?) with Axl singing Rock N Roll but never knowing if it was real or if there are any other recordings out there.

I was just reading Neil Strauss' Everybody Loves You When You're Dead and this excerpt from the first Plant/Page interview fourteen years after the Zeppelin break-up made me laugh:

Plant: Jerry Lee Lewis, and maybe - what's that bloke that sings in Guns N' Roses?

-------------------

Has Axl ever sang any Zeppelin? I vaguely remember hearing some audio of Shark Island (maybe?) with Axl singing Rock N Roll but never knowing if it was real or if there are any other recordings out there.

HA! Most people here haven't heard of Shark Island history though.

Happy Holiday :)

i am just curious... was that comment made with contempt towards Axl\gnr or was he just being funny?

Plant is a classy guy, he wasn't taking a shot at Axl. It's all context & tongue in cheek. A lot of bands back in the day ('80's) were "dangerous".

i am just curious... was that comment made with contempt towards Axl\gnr or was he just being funny?

Plant is a classy guy, he wasn't taking a shot at Axl. It's all context & tongue in cheek. A lot of bands back in the day ('80's) were "dangerous".

I love the British sense of humor,some Americans don't catch it. I'm a PBS addict and watch/have watched Red Dwarf,Fawlty Towers,Who is being served,The vicar of Dibly, and of course Monty Python. Comedy Genius!

Edited by sailaway

-------------------

Yes. And Led zep is one of his favorite bands ever. I read somewhere an interview. He said in the late 80's, he rent a house with his girlfriend, listening to Led zeppelin all day, and shoot heroin (remember: this was before the Axl don't do drugs period)

Neil said Axl's highest on his list of interviews to get, once he interviewed Howard Stern.

I wouldn't be surprised if they had sex with some of the same women in LA. Small world.

1992 Freddie Mercury concert. Axl and Robert were both there.

I like the idea of Axl scaring the fuck out of someone just by looking at em. Wasn't it Hetfield that said that only two guys he's known in his whole life have made a room go quiet when they entered: Bill Clinton and Axl. Intimidating? Ooozing charisma? Both?

I love the British sense of humor,some Americans don't catch it. I'm a PBS addict and watch/have watched Red Dwarf,Fawlty Towers,Who is being served,The vicar of Dibly, and of course Monty Python. Comedy Genius!

You should try Blackadder. I always liked Season 4 but the whole thing is pretty funny.

You should try Blackadder. I always liked Season 4 but the whole thing is pretty funny.

I may have seen that but Demon Alcohol is making me forget. Making mental note to watch it.

I like the idea of Axl scaring the fuck out of someone just by looking at em. Wasn't it Hetfield that said that only two guys he's known in his whole life have made a room go quiet when they entered: Bill Clinton and Axl. Intimidating? Ooozing charisma? Both?

"It's easier to scare people than to make them laugh"~ Jim Morrison

I may have seen that but Demon Alcohol is making me forget. Making mental note to watch it.

That's exactly what I said when I was in high school - whilst people were at their computers in the library I'd just go up to them and start caressing their shoulder with my finger and whisper in their ear "What are you doing?"

That's exactly what I said when I was in high school - whilst people were at their computers in the library I'd just go up to them and start caressing their shoulder with my finger and whisper in their ear "What are you doing?"

HA! I can imagine. People ie: society seems to fear anything/anyone who simply refuses to play by their set of "rules". Most would rather hear an attractive lie than accept a tactless bit of truth.

Yeah because humans are narcissistic douchebags, duh. Anyway we're kinda going off-track here, let's not de-rail - it's a shame out of all Axl's big influences he never did anything with Plant and co. - the fact Plant didn't seem to recall his name is actually pretty sad IMO.

I wonder what Jim would think about the HOF. I think he'd want to whip the horse's eyes.

'When all else fails, we can whip the horses eyes, And make them sleep, and cry',is confusing; it has nothing to do with the 60's. You have to know details about Jim Morrison to understand what this was all about. It refers to the German philosopher, Friedrich Nietzsche,going insane in Turin while witnessing a horse being whipped and beaten in the street. Jim Morrison had an unusual interest in the philosopher's mental breakdown.

You cannot Petition the Lord with Prayer.

Love Soft Parade.

Edited by sailaway

Yeah because humans are narcissistic douchebags, duh. Anyway we're kinda going off-track here, let's not de-rail - it's a shame out of all Axl's big influences he never did anything with Plant and co. - the fact Plant didn't seem to recall his name is actually pretty sad IMO.

Considering all the complete insanity that surrounded Plant in the Zepplin heyday,I think it says a lot simply to make the reference.