Does the passiveness of long-time members bother you?

maynard

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

disclaimer: i'm not a hater. i'm not obssessed, i don't lose my sleep over this suff. not needed to tell me to chill out, to relax. just getting other points of view from other fans out there.

I can understand when guys like Ron and DJ won't express themselves or talk too much about GnR future and decisions. Whenever I read interviews from Dizzy and Tommy, though, I get a sense of passiveness from their answers that seems kinda odd. I've read things like:

"Whatever man, I'm in just for fun"

"Whenever Axl decides, I'm up to it"

"We don't really communicate when not touring"

"I don't know"

"I don't know"

"I don't have the answer"

It gets me thinking: Really? You are in a band for decades and you are ok about having no "voice"?

This comfort zone Axl is in is kinda worrying when you start to think about a new album. There is simply no one in there to make things happen besides the boss. It's all up to Axl.

Like I said, for guys like Ron and DJ, that would be extremely hard. They are the "new" guys. Although, Tommy and Dizzy are in the band for DECADES. Richard got the job in 2002. I think they could be a little more involved with the band that gives them the good life they have.

Some years ago we had no tour, no website and that sucked but we had at least a name for the album. Now we don't have even that. We have Greatest Hits tours. Some people are ok with that. I just wonder if anybody else is frustated with those guys. Axl always said they work as a band. That is not true.

Edited by maynard

Axl always said they work as a band. That is not true.

...when it comes to creating music. And yes, then they seem to work as a band.

And no, I can't be bothered about Axl calling the shots and keeping the other guys in the darkness. That is their problem, not mine.

Isn't this what Axl wanted in the first place? Not hating (I love the new band) but Axl being in the driving seat and wanting to call the shots was obviously a factor in the break-up of the old band, now he has complete control and can do what the fuck he wants (which doesn't appear to be a great deal unfortunately).

It's frustrating to see the amazing talents of someone like Mr Ron Thal not being fully utilised in this band. Axl just doesn't appear to be creatively motivated anymore.

Edited by Towelie

Isn't this what Axl wanted in the first place? Not hating (I love the new band) but Axl being in the driving seat and wanting to call the shots was obviously a factor in the break-up of the old band, now he has complete control and can do what the fuck he wants (which doesn't appear to be a great deal unfortunately).

It's frustrating to see the amazing talents of someone like Mr Ron Thal not being fully utilised in this band. Axl just doesn't appear to be creatively motivated anymore.

As to the first part, yes, I believe this is exactly what Axl wanted. For better and worse, he seems to have what he wanted.

When it comes to waste away talents, I don't know. They do play a lot, so they are being utilized. And as to Axl not being creatively motivated anymore, I don't think so, although it is what I fear. He just seems to be more eager to play live shows right now. This could translate into motivation for recording later, it could also be that he runs out of fuel and goes into hiding for a few years. Hard to say, but I am not overly worried right now. Let's see what happens in 2013.

disclaimer: i'm not a hater. i'm not obssessed, i don't lose my sleep over this suff. not needed to tell me to chill out, to relax. just getting other points of view from other fans out there.

I can understand when guys like Ron and DJ won't express themselves or talk too much about GnR future and decisions. Whenever I read interviews from Dizzy and Tommy, though, I get a sense of passiveness from their answers that seems kinda odd. I've read things like:

"Whatever man, I'm in just for fun"

"Whenever Axl decides, I'm up to it"

"We don't really communicate when not touring"

"I don't know"

"I don't know"

"I don't have the answer"

It gets me thinking: Really? You are in a band for decades and you are ok about having no "voice"?

This comfort zone Axl is in is kinda worrying when you start to think about a new album. There is simply no one in there to make things happen besides the boss. It's all up to Axl.

Like I said, for guys like Ron and DJ, that would be extremely hard. They are the "new" guys. Although, Tommy and Dizzy are in the band for DECADES. Richard got the job in 2002. I think they could be a little more involved with the band that gives them the good life they have.

Some years ago we had no tour, no website and that sucked but we had at least a name for the album. Now we don't have even that. We have Greatest Hits tours. Some people are ok with that. I just wonder if anybody else is frustated with those guys. Axl always said they work as a band. That is not true.

Not voting.

If it doesn't bother them,why should you be concerned? They have great rapor/chemistry and honestly seem to be having fun onstage.

They also sound phenominal live,caught some of the UCAP tour dates and plan to blow my Christmas fund by catching a few shows overseas.

Edited by sailaway