How do you feel about Axl not accepting his place in the Hall of Fame?

Freddie Mercury's Ghost

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Don't really care, it's his choice and it doesn't materially change anything in any way for anyone else, but I am glad that he refused the induction and wrote that letter because the delusional, ridiculous overreaction by certain factions on the Guns forums has been pure gold and great entertainment

I don't know about you guys, I'm not religious or anything, but I always thought forgiveness was a very important basic human moral. Life is too short to hang on to anger and resentment for so long, as humans we should all strive to be better people and being able to forgive somebody is rudimentary in having any kind of decent relationship. That goes for everybody, I don't see why Axl Rose should be excused from this even if I think he's an amazing singer/songwriter. He's also a grown man, and this does not strike me as a decision a grown man with respect for himself would be making, I think its cowardly. I mean, when you really think about it, this is on the high school level... damn right I disagree with it.

Guest Len B'stard

i agree 100 million percent with Axls desicion. I mean, all this fairystory backpatting oh wasn't 1987 a great year is all well and good but to do that shit seriously undermines what is actually currently the band. Well done Axl, it'd just be a silly embarassing situation, The Rock n Roll Hall of Fame is a fucking piss-take of an event and a stupid museum for trainspotters, fuck it. Not showing up is one thing but, uh, this i love, this wanting to NOT be inducted, brilliant, nice to see shit still means something to some people, well played Axl, fuck all that shit, when the romantic bullshit is aside nothing mythical is gonna happen when those 5 people get back on stage, it'll just be 5 old people with 5 old sets of resentments festering away, why would anybody ever want that in their life, ever? I mean, you're in a band, you break up, why would you like...want this like, high school reunion fuckin crap?

And no you do not owe it to the fans, you don't owe shit to the fans, you have every right to behave in accordance to your free fucking will no matter what anybody else wants, thinks or expects of you. Owe it to the fans my fuckin arse, if that was true, if you were seriously indebted in that sort of a way to fans who buy your music then quite frankly every defunct band right now in the world owes it to their fans to stop what the fuck they're doing, with no regard for their current lives, responsibilities and desires and get back together right the fuck now cuz, hey, they owe it to the fans, right? Get the fuck away with that, bullshit.

I'm against the decision mostly because I fear the potential knock-on effect it might have on the summer tour and the current band. It's probably a bad career move imo.

But, yeah, it's his life and his decision to make.

None of this would be a problem is Axl Rose didn't tour under the name GNR. If it was 'the Axl Rose band' then he wouldn't be damaging the current band by not turning up. The current band could still make the same music and tour in the same way, only thing that would be different is the name.

He would also not be cashing in on past success too. Basically, Axl is doing exactly what he keeps saying all the promoters want to do: cash in on GNR sucess. He may not have a need to make as much money as is possible with a reunion, but by touring as 'guns and roses' it ensures ticket sales that pack out big stadiums and this suits his ego. He just thinks too much of himself to do what slash is doing and tour smaller venues and work your way up with new songs.

Thats how it is.

If its about the music then let the music stand on its own and dont call it guns n roses because its just not. Its the Axl Rose band.

Am I happy he isn't going to the induction? NO.

Would I love it if they at least gave each other hand shakes for one night? YES.

Am I happy tried to retract his name from the inductees list? NO.

I am I surprised he did all that? NO.

Should people have seen it coming? YES.

Are people blowing this way out of proportion? YES.

I really thought Axl probably would not show to begin with. But after Axl talked about thinking about going it got my hopes up. Anyways, it is not surprising. Just I don't understand him doing a protest and wanting his name removed. It seems to me to be disrespectful of the rest of the band that are being inducted.

Edited by rocker rockstar