How good was Matt Sorum's Hall of Fame speech?

ITW 2012

Matt is someone who has surprised me alot over the last couple of years. He is someone who I've come to respect more than I ever thought I would, and believe me I was one of those people who used to bash Matt for his boring drumming and used to take the piss out of his drum sound on the Tokyo DVD's. :lol:

But I've totally changed my mind, and consider Matt to be one of the most credible and sound GN'R ex members. He is honest as can be, and even tells Slash and Duff the truth to their faces when he feels he needs to. He is the one who also recommended Robin to Axl, so there's another big plus for me...

Props to Matt for giving Axl, Izzy and Dizzy a mention even though they weren't present. ;)

Edited by One.In.A.Million

Matt is someone who has surprised me alot over the last couple of years. He is someone who I've come to respect more than I ever thought I would, and believe me I was one of those people who used to bash Matt for his boring drumming and used to take the piss out of his drum sound on the Tokyo DVD's. :lol:

But I've totally changed my mind, and consider Matt to be one of the most credible and sound GN'R ex members. He is honest as can be, and even tells Slash and Duff the truth to their faces when he feels he needs to. He is the one who also recommended Robin to Axl, so there's another big plus for me...

Props to Matt for giving Axl, Izzy and Dizzy a mention even though they weren't present. ;)

i agree, i used to think matt was a dbag but in the last 3 or 4 years iam finding myself liking him much more

Guest gunns5

I'm surprised at how coherent Steven's Speech was, almost made up for the bashing of the current band in the lead up to the event, almost.

How good was Matt Sorum's Hall of Fame speech? I've always thought that he was a bit of a douchebag, but his speech last night was so heartfelt and funny that it almost brought a tear to my eye.

http://youtu.be/vbxM_iWbonc?t=6m42s

Thought it was terrible! These guys have children now.....nobody needs to hear about coke n herion

This. It wasn't bad. The part about joining the band and Rio were nice, but talking about the drugs was kinda dumb for a fifty something year old guy.

Edited by Caught in a Coma

I think we all deserve an award for enduring that shitty feed last night to see these guys receive their induction, speak, and play. What a horrible experience that was! I never thought I would say this, considering how everything went down, but I woke up a prouder GNR fan this morning.

Good speech Matt and congrats again Steven (I know you're reading this).

I thought he came off as bragging about the coke stuff but I guess it was accurate and I love a good drug story so I'm still up in the air.

I liked Stevie's the best. It was sweet and sentimental. You could tell there was a lot of pain behind those words but he's in a good place now and maybe this induction will give him some closure.

I think we all deserve an award for enduring that shitty feed last night to see these guys receive their induction, speak, and play. What a horrible experience that was! I never thought I would say this, considering how everything went down, but I woke up a prouder GNR fan this morning.

Good speech Matt and congrats again Steven (I know you're reading this).

I know right we were all glued to that shitty little window hoping to get a glimpse, I can't wait to see it on HBO.

It wasn't what everyone hoped for, but we got something and it was pretty good.

How good was Matt Sorum's Hall of Fame speech? I've always thought that he was a bit of a douchebag, but his speech last night was so heartfelt and funny that it almost brought a tear to my eye.

http://youtu.be/vbxM_iWbonc?t=6m42s

Thought it was terrible! These guys have children now.....nobody needs to hear about coke n herion

This. It wasn't bad. The part about joining the band and Rio were nice, but talking about the drugs was kinda dumb for a fifty something year old guy.

Everybody knows Guns N' Roses did drugs. Was it wrong of Duff to speak heavily of his past drug use in his book then? I see nothing wrong with what Matt did. He wasn't condoning drugs. He was roasting Steven and then his (Matt's) arrival into the band.