MATT SORUM Working On Movie About GUNS N' ROSES? - Apr. 17, 2012

gunsguy

This weekend, former GUNS N' ROSES drummer Matt Sorum was inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame for his role in the band. He also vowed not to talk to the press about the group again. However, he might be breaking his word at some point in the future if he gets his way. It turns out Matt is working on a movie about GN'R. He told VH1 Radio Network's Dave Basner about what's happening.

"I've talked about doing a screenplay and that's actually something that I'm in talks about with a couple of pretty big people," he said. "The only problem with that is figuring out how to work out the music situation. But if you look at rock and roll movies, they've never been done right. The only ones that I actually thought were decent was THE DOORS movie I thought was decent and I liked the Johnny Cash film. If you look at any of those other kind of traditional rock flicks like Mark Wahlberg and 'Rock Star' and all those, they're all kind of dumb, like '80s, butt-rock, Sunset Strip."

Sorum, who joined GUNS N' ROSES in 1990 following the dismissal of Steven Adler, also explained why he thinks a film about his old band would be compelling.

"If there was a film about GUNS N' ROSES, the thing about GUNS N' ROSES that was different than all the butt rock bands in Hollywood was that it was down and dirty and punk rock and real," he said. "As much as anyone wants to say they want to try to lump it in with hair metal, it never was because it was a different kind of energy even though it came out of that hair metal period. The energy was on the undersurface. There was a much sort of more street, dark undercurrent happening that could be great on film."

For the Rock Hall induction performance, GUNS N' ROSES founding guitarist Slash, bassist Duff McKagan and drummer Steven Adler were joined by Sorum and guitarist Gilby Clarke for three songs — "Mr. Brownstone", "Sweet Child O' Mine" and "Paradise City" — from the band's classic 1987 debut, "Appetite For Destruction". Providing vocals in the absence of Axl Rose was Myles Kennedy, the singer for ALTER BRIDGE and Slash's current solo band.

Sorum played drums for "Mr. Brownstone", while original drummer Adler took over for the other two songs.

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=172709&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

-------------------------

It is funny to me coming from the guy that wrote this on his twitter:

From today forward I will not be commenting on Guns N Roses . Or making any remarks about the future . Thank you to all the fans. The legacy continues without my commentary. Matt Sorum Former member of GNR 2012-04-15

I don't know why former member's keep saying they aint going to talk about things when they clearly cannot stop.

This weekend, former GUNS N' ROSES drummer Matt Sorum was inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame for his role in the band. He also vowed not to talk to the press about the group again. However, he might be breaking his word at some point in the future if he gets his way. It turns out Matt is working on a movie about GN'R. He told VH1 Radio Network's Dave Basner about what's happening.

"I've talked about doing a screenplay and that's actually something that I'm in talks about with a couple of pretty big people," he said. "The only problem with that is figuring out how to work out the music situation. But if you look at rock and roll movies, they've never been done right. The only ones that I actually thought were decent was THE DOORS movie I thought was decent and I liked the Johnny Cash film. If you look at any of those other kind of traditional rock flicks like Mark Wahlberg and 'Rock Star' and all those, they're all kind of dumb, like '80s, butt-rock, Sunset Strip."

Sorum, who joined GUNS N' ROSES in 1990 following the dismissal of Steven Adler, also explained why he thinks a film about his old band would be compelling.

"If there was a film about GUNS N' ROSES, the thing about GUNS N' ROSES that was different than all the butt rock bands in Hollywood was that it was down and dirty and punk rock and real," he said. "As much as anyone wants to say they want to try to lump it in with hair metal, it never was because it was a different kind of energy even though it came out of that hair metal period. The energy was on the undersurface. There was a much sort of more street, dark undercurrent happening that could be great on film."

For the Rock Hall induction performance, GUNS N' ROSES founding guitarist Slash, bassist Duff McKagan and drummer Steven Adler were joined by Sorum and guitarist Gilby Clarke for three songs — "Mr. Brownstone", "Sweet Child O' Mine" and "Paradise City" — from the band's classic 1987 debut, "Appetite For Destruction". Providing vocals in the absence of Axl Rose was Myles Kennedy, the singer for ALTER BRIDGE and Slash's current solo band.

Sorum played drums for "Mr. Brownstone", while original drummer Adler took over for the other two songs.

http://legacy.roadru..._medium=twitter

-------------------------

It is funny to me coming from the guy that wrote this on his twitter:

From today forward I will not be commenting on Guns N Roses . Or making any remarks about the future . Thank you to all the fans. The legacy continues without my commentary. Matt Sorum Former member of GNR 2012-04-15

I don't know why former member's keep saying they aint going to talk about things when they clearly cannot stop.

<br>Wait...I thought he said the other day that the RRHOF was the end of him talking about GN'R? Now he's writing a GN'R screenplay?<br>
<br>Hahaha no shit. I suppose that's why he's making the movie. He wants the the actors to tell the story. I hope it gets big money and good actors behind it. GNR doesn't desreve some shitty made-for-tv movie.  I can see it now. Sorum, Adler, and Vicky Hamilton will be the only ones who'll come to the premier. Shit, Adler will probably play himself. <br> Edited by Eddie Money

This thread should probably be in the main section. Sure, Sorum is a former Gunner, but that's General Guns N' Roses news. That's what this is. It refers to the band and it's new. Nobody moved Rock Hall threads stickied to the front. That involved only former Gunners.

Yeah maybe when they're done killing each other in there.. :tongue2:

This thread should probably be in the main section. Sure, Sorum is a former Gunner, but that's General Guns N' Roses news. That's what this is. It refers to the band and it's new. Nobody moved Rock Hall threads stickied to the front. That involved only former Gunners.

Yeah maybe when they're done killing each other in there.. :tongue2:

:lol:

If Matt's gonna make a film based on real events, I think it's too early.