GNR Metro arena Newcastle gig

UK SUBS

This is myself meeting Frank, before the show yesterday in Newcastle. I want to thank Frank for taking the time to sign flyers, and take some photos with our little group. He was totally cool, and I never felt nervous one bit, purely because how calm and down to earth Frank was.

Thanks again Frank... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

You really are One.In.A.Million :)

Awesome man. Maybe Frank is growing a beard against Ron's beard. :confused:

A GNR beard off? :lol:

Soon it'll be Guns N' Beards deviltoothy.gif

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I moved back for pc, was my 11th show so had a good idea where it go.

"Shure beta 58a" mic if anyone wants to know the model.

£150 online but the setimental value is beyond.

Aren't you lucky to be on leave while this tour is on? :P

Having a late easter :D

Well the Easter Bunny is certainly looking after you!

Your pics are incredible, I don't know how you remember to keep taking them, I forget and just watch the show! :D

Had to get out arena fast was being chased for it...

It was the greatest catch ever, caught it right in mid air with another guy, i had the firmer grip, he was a sore loser though dug his nails into me tried tripping me then nearly cried like a baby when security and two others told him to back off.

I met that guy who fought you for the microphone at the Travelodge I was staying in.

He's seen Guns a few times already on this tour and he got to hear T.W.A.T the other day too.

We had a drink at the bar. He was a nice guy.

Just got in, couple of things I noted before sleep..

- Bumble looked fed up much of the time I thought, Glad To Be Here was particularly intense, like he was singing it about the very situation he was in at the time.. worrying maybe... perhaps nothing also

- Axl said he fractured his shoulder so had to go the hospital, also asked the crowd to calm down and take a step back as the people at the front were being crushed

- Mic fucked up big time end of This I Love, just screeched with feedback everytime Axl tried to sing the line, he took a shifty glance at both left and right speaker stacks then shrugged it off and looked a bit bemused

- Frank wore a Newcastle United hat most of the night, at least I think it was the Newky badge anyway

- Axl missed his cue to start SCOM's vocals due to still being in the oxygen tent, came out laughing and eventually started the verse

- Axl was in a great mood, smiling a lot, changed the line in Don't Cry to 'And please remember.. that DJ lied!'

I saw BBF before the show started so I started screaming his name to get his attention.

I agree with you; he didn't look happy but I got him to salute and smile at me.

After the show I yelled "Goodnight Bumble!" and he nodded and punched the air as he left the stage.

I also met Fernando which was surreal.

I shook his hand and he asked me and a friend of mine if we were having a good time and if we were going to any more shows.

I also saw Kat. She is very pretty.

I saw the band on Sunday in Liverpool and although they played the same set (except we got The Ballad of Death instead of Mi Amor) I couldn't have been happier.

I bowed at BBF, DJ, Richard and Tommy and they all smiled at me.

This was my first time on the front row of a GN'R concert and I couldn't believe I stayed there let alone had room to breathe.

Thin Lizzy were great too.

During Knocking or Whole Lotta Rosie my friend and I appeared on the video screens.

Axl was great.

He may have messed up a line in Estranged and came in late on Sweet Child but apart from that he sounded fantastic.

He also seemed to be in a great mood.

Watching him dance during Rocket Queen was something else.

He said something to Tommy towards the end of the show and Tommy just couldn't stop laughing.

Finally I tried in vain throughout the show to get Dizzy's attention; I waved, smiled and screamed his name and got nothing.

However when he came down to take a bow I tried again and he waved at me.

Mission Accomplished!

Had to get out arena fast was being chased for it...

It was the greatest catch ever, caught it right in mid air with another guy, i had the firmer grip, he was a sore loser though dug his nails into me tried tripping me then nearly cried like a baby when security and two others told him to back off.

I met that guy who fought you for the microphone at the Travelodge I was staying in.

He's seen Guns a few times already on this tour and he got to hear T.W.A.T the other day too.

We had a drink at the bar. He was a nice guy.

I'm sure excitement got the better of him by being so close to getting it. Happened to me and the o2 in 2010 and I was gutted (although didn't chase after him). His time will come.

The show was great!

Thin Zizzy set it up nicely I have to say but the turn around was quick, GNR came on around 10.40pm and I was dead centre 3/4 rows back in the pit - I've seen gigs at most venues around Europe and the Newcastle crowd are about on par with Glasgow/Dublin, it was just fuckin' raw I loved it!

The sound mix was poor though as Axl's vocals just got drowned out most of the night unfortunately - You get that in the pit at times, gets a bit 'bassy' which was a tad frustrating. Axl was on fine form but the star of the night was DJ, this guy is worth the entrance fee alone. From a live perspective (putting aside GNR politics) this guy just lives every fucking moment of every fucking song. Ballad of Death was great aswell.

All the guys were on good form. Loved "Sorry" "KOHD" "PC" and "This I Love" in particular. Frank's drumming was faultless and he really add something special, live.

Got in at around 3am - Great night and can't wait for Manchester. Never drinking Guiness again!! :-(

**Side note** I got given a tour programme which is great. Any forum member (no mods) who wants it, first to PM me your address details I will get it off in the post to you for free

UPDATE: The Archer won it. Well done, it's on its way to you :-)

Thanks for all the information, very cool to read!! What time did you get to the arena so that you could get to the front row? :D And when they open the doors to let everyone in, did you have to sprint to get to the front? First GN'R concert ever I'm going to is next Friday at the second London 02 gig so I'm preparing myself :tongue2:

To be honest I was incredibly lucky to get where I was.

I didn't expect to be at the front at all.

My friend and I left the Travelodge when the doors opened at 6:30pm and when we arrived inside the arena we had to wait until 7pm to be let onto the floor.

There was a row of people already at the barrier so my friend and I jogged towards them and when we found a gap at the front we went for it.

I'll be seeing Guns again in Manchester next week where I'll be waiting outside the arena from stupid o'clock.

Edited by ChineseDemocracy2004

The show was great!

Thin Zizzy set it up nicely I have to say but the turn around was quick, GNR came on around 10.40pm and I was dead centre 3/4 rows back in the pit - I've seen gigs at most venues around Europe and the Newcastle crowd are about on par with Glasgow/Dublin, it was just fuckin' raw I loved it!

The sound mix was poor though as Axl's vocals just got drowned out most of the night unfortunately - You get that in the pit at times, gets a bit 'bassy' which was a tad frustrating. Axl was on fine form but the star of the night was DJ, this guy is worth the entrance fee alone. From a live perspective (putting aside GNR politics) this guy just lives every fucking moment of every fucking song. Ballad of Death was great aswell.

All the guys were on good form. Loved "Sorry" "KOHD" "PC" and "This I Love" in particular. Frank's drumming was faultless and he really add something special, live.

Got in at around 3am - Great night and can't wait for Manchester. Never drinking Guiness again!! :-(

**Side note** I got given a tour programme which is great. Any forum member (no mods) who wants it, first to PM me your address details I will get it off in the post to you for free

PM sent - :P

Edited by The Archer

The show was great!

You musta been just a foot or two in front of me mate, I was in pretty much the same spot. I thought the mix seemed to improve a bit as the night wore on; some songs it was spot on, others it was very muddy and pretty much a wall of sound.

Wooooooohoooooooo!!! Thanks Subs smile.gif.

Edited by The Archer

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

**Side note** I got given a tour programme which is great.

Someone is accepting party passes already <_<

:lol:

Glad you had a good time.

Someone is accepting party passes already dry.gif

DONT YOU START!!:xmasssanta:

No party passes! Paid £10 of my hard earned money for it - read it, and now passing it along!

Trust me to get the winner who lives in fucking India!!:rofl-lol:

The show was great!

You musta been just a foot or two in front of me mate, I was in pretty much the same spot. I thought the mix seemed to improve a bit as the night wore on; some songs it was spot on, others it was very muddy and pretty much a wall of sound.

ok, there were three young lads with tops off getting as bit roudy (it was fine with me to be honest but I think some around me were getting a bit pissed off with it) anyway....I was stood right by them. One of them fucking kissed me on the cheek during PC and sreamed in my ear which was alittle odd but, erm.....passionate I guess!?:huh:

AND... that girl at the end of PC, man, how big were her boobies, JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEsus christ. Axl's face was a picture!!

No party passes! Paid £10 of my hard earned money for it - read it, and now passing it along!

The show was great!

ok, there were three young lads with tops off getting as bir roudy (it was fine with me to be honest but I think some around me were getting a bit pissed off with it) anyway....I was stood right by them. One of them fucking kissed me on the cheek during PC and sreamed in my ear which was alittle odd but, erm.....passionate I guess!?:huh:

AND... that girl at the end of PC, man, how big were her boobies, JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEsus christ. Axl's face was a picture!!

LOL. Link? :rofl-lol:

Massive!

She got them out as PC hit the last session and Axl was smiling (ala download 2006), nudging DJ, who was laughing and then later Bumble came over and she was like licking her nipples, going "Look at me look at me" and Bumble's face did not move a muscle!!!he stayed dead serious....bobbie girl was like "BOOBIES< THEY OUT< FOR YOU< PLEASE LOOK...." and he just stared at her...I was like for fuck sake Ron, smile for fuck sake :rolleyes:

I of course told myself "Admin, new responsibility, I will not look".........-_-

ok, there were three young lads with tops off getting as bit roudy (it was fine with me to be honest but I think some around me were getting a bit pissed off with it) anyway....I was stood right by them. One of them fucking kissed me on the cheek during PC and sreamed in my ear which was alittle odd but, erm.....passionate I guess!?:huh:

Think I remember those three, yeah there was a lot of rowdiness up front, all in the spirit of GN'R and such.

Haha yeah that was hilarious seeing Axl's face light up, was equally funny seeing the hordes of guys turn their cameras away from the band and over to the blonde riding someone's shoulders with her tits out!

The show was great!

ok, there were three young lads with tops off getting as bir roudy (it was fine with me to be honest but I think some around me were getting a bit pissed off with it) anyway....I was stood right by them. One of them fucking kissed me on the cheek during PC and sreamed in my ear which was alittle odd but, erm.....passionate I guess!?:huh:

LOL. Link? :rofl-lol:

Massive!

She got them out as PC hit the last session and Axl was smiling (ala download 2006), nudging DJ, who was laughing and then later Bumble came over and she was like licking her nipples, going "Look at me look at me" and Bumble's face did not move a muscle!!!he stayed dead serious....bobbie girl was like "BOOBIES< THEY OUT< FOR YOU< PLEASE LOOK...." and he just stared at her...I was like for fuck sake Ron, smile for fuck sake :rolleyes:

I of course told myself "Admin, new responsibility, I will not look".........-_-

Thanks for sharing your experience with us, it's much appreciated.

I know it's cliche but I can't fuckin' wait until they come back to Canada!