Pick the ultimate version of NewGNR

Pick the ultimate version of NewGNR  

116 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ron leaving would be a major catastrophe.

Only Bucket could fill his shoes and he is never going to come back.

Ron leaving = end of GNR.

Bucket wouldn't be able to play Rons guitar parts like Ron could play Buckets.

As of right now, nothing Ron has played on a GNR release is worthy of being played by Buckethead anyway.

lol bucket isn't worthy to play them because he wouldn't be able to do it :P I love Bucket but he is no way near as good as Ron.

Doesn't matter if he would or not. So far, Ron hasn't written a single thing for GNR that's worth being covered by Bucket. I'd much rather see Bucket just improv a solo than try to cover Ron's stupid Shackler solo.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't matter if he would or not. So far, Ron hasn't written a single thing for GNR that's worth being covered by Bucket. I'd much rather see Bucket just improv a solo than try to cover Ron's stupid Shackler solo.

....LOL

okej whatever I rather listen to someone who doesn't play the same licks and tricks over and over again and comes up with something new and more creative everytime he makes a solo :rolleyes:

I like Bucketheads solo albums more then Rons but if you listen to Bucketheads guitar solos on albums and live he always returnes to the same patterns and licks.

Shackler solo is great and so is the catcher in the rye, Riad, Scraped solos too

....LOL

okej whatever I rather listen to someone who doesn't play the same licks and tricks over and over again and comes up with something new and more creative everytime he makes a solo :rolleyes:

I like Bucketheads solo albums more then Rons but if you listen to Bucketheads guitar solos on albums and live he always returnes to the same patterns and licks.

Shackler solo is great and so is the catcher in the rye, Riad, Scraped solos too

All of Ron's solos and contributions are epic!!!

....LOL

It doesn't matter if it's great musically, technically, inventive, original or not - what matters is bacardimayne's own opinion of what is or what is not worthy. :thumbsup:

It doesn't matter if it's great musically, technically, inventive, original or not - what matters is bacardimayne's own opinion of what is or what is not worthy. :thumbsup:

well actually it does matter.

I was kidding, ha. :xmasssanta:

....LOL

You criticize Bucket's solos and praise the Shackler's solo in the same post? Every Ron solo on CD save Catcher is utter fucking wank, and his Catcher solo is sacrilege in comparison to Brian May's. Don't even get me started on the wank going on in the background during the outro. Make the argument that every Bucket solo sounds the same all you want, but that one solo sure sounds better than most of Ron's shit on CD.

Before the obligatory "shut up hater!" replies, I don't hate Ron at all. I actually like Normal more than any Bucket solo album, think for the most part he's great live and extremely good to the fans, and I understand that he was brought in at the last second and rushed to record his parts for CD, but as of 2012, Ron's work under the GNR name has paled in comparison to Bucket's. The only thing I'd say he's done better is the November Rain outro.

You criticize Bucket's solos and praise the Shackler's solo in the same post?

That's a fact, not an opinion. He's stated a fact, simply put. If he likes Ron's Shackler's solo what's the problem?

Every Ron solo on CD save Catcher is utter fucking wank, and his Catcher solo is sacrilege in comparison to Brian May's. Don't even get me started on the wank going on in the background during the outro.

So yes, you don't know what that word means or you throw that word around too much just for fun. Also his solos actually have something going on musically, it's not like he's playing the same lick over and over hoping for something turn out to be great.

Make the argument that every Bucket solo sounds the same all you want, but that one solo sure sounds better than most of Ron's shit on CD.

Subjective and should never be used to prove your point.

Before the obligatory "shut up hater!" replies, I don't hate Ron at all. I actually like Normal more than any Bucket solo album, think for the most part he's great live and extremely good to the fans, and I understand that he was brought in at the last second and rushed to record his parts for CD, but as of 2012, Ron's work under the GNR name has paled in comparison to Bucket's. The only thing I'd say he's done better is the November Rain outro.

You call the Scraped solo and the Catcher outro wankery and you believe that nobody will call you a hater? Cool, you may not hate him, but you hate the fact that he's up there playing Bucket's stuff flawlessly while Bucket couldn't do the same to save his life.

That's a fact, not an opinion. He's stated a fact, simply put. If he likes Ron's Shackler's solo what's the problem?

So it's a fact that Shackler's and Riad are great solos and every Bucket solo sounds the same? Horseshit.

So yes, you don't know what that word means or you throw that word around too much just for fun. Also his solos actually have something going on musically, it's not like he's playing the same lick over and over hoping for something turn out to be great.

The word wank means to masturbate. I consider Ron's solos on CD to be a guitar equivalent of masturbation. They might have something going on, but the bottom line is they don't sound good. Bucket's solos sound good.

Subjective and should never be used to prove your point.

Subtract marks off my report card then, person. :rofl-lol:

You call the Scraped solo and the Catcher outro wankery and you believe that nobody will call you a hater? Cool, you may not hate him, but you hate the fact that he's up there playing Bucket's stuff flawlessly while Bucket couldn't do the same to save his life.

I'm sorry that you can't handle the fact that someone doesn't have to worship the ground Ron walks on in order to be a fan. Bottom line is, Ron's cool, but his CD solos suck and I (and most other NuGNR fans) would rather hear Bucket make up his own shit than for him to even bother trying to cover Ron's abomination of a Shackler's solo. I mean Christ, he wrote the song anyway. I guarantee his original solo on it was better.

It'd be much easier if I could have picked 3 guitarists and any combination thereof. Would have been Bucket, Robin n Bumblefoot. Picked Brain, but if I had to live with Frank, I could. He's the more rock n roll type guy and I love what he does with Estranged. Can they alternate depending on each song's style and then just BBA for touring (kidding about that last part)? I would still like Paul around for songwriting with Axl. Don't know why I didn't pick Richard though.

....LOL

You criticize Bucket's solos and praise the Shackler's solo in the same post? Every Ron solo on CD save Catcher is utter fucking wank, and his Catcher solo is sacrilege in comparison to Brian May's. Don't even get me started on the wank going on in the background during the outro. Make the argument that every Bucket solo sounds the same all you want, but that one solo sure sounds better than most of Ron's shit on CD.

no it's not wanking they are well played and fitts really well with the songs and what he can play with a fretless guitar is f'ing impressive. and I don't think all bucketheads solos sound the same I like all of his solos on CD and his solo workbut he usually returns to the same patterns and licks (he's one of my favorite guitarists).

okej that's nice I like bucketheads solo work more mostly his more ballady stuff because it's so emotional.

I think Ron has brought alot of great things to the table like his fretless stuff and really like how he usualy playes all bucketheads guitar parts note for note. :P

I guarantee his original solo on it was better.

So you guarantee that a solo that you have not heard is better than another just because you love Bucket. I mean, are you fucking serious? What you said defies logic.

Considering Bucket wrote the song and Bumble's solo is quite honestly one of the worst guitar solos I have ever heard, yes.

It'd be much easier if I could have picked 3 guitarists and any combination thereof. Would have been Bucket, Robin n Bumblefoot. Picked Brain, but if I had to live with Frank, I could. He's the more rock n roll type guy and I love what he does with Estranged. Can they alternate depending on each song's style and then just BBA for touring (kidding about that last part)? I would still like Paul around for songwriting with Axl. Don't know why I didn't pick Richard though.

i'd go with axl rose, robin finck, tommy stinson, richard fortus, and brain on 2012 tour and new studio recording sessions