8 reasons why Chinese Democracy stiffed

vaida

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/8-reasons-why-chinese-democracy-stiffed-185604

6. The tunes don't work for radio

On mainstream and classic rock stations where older Guns N' Roses songs receive regular rotation, Chinese Democracy's title track has flatlined. "I'm not talking about a bad reaction," says Gary Cee. "I'm talking no reaction! I only give it a few spins a week now. Meanwhile, people call and ask for November Rain, Civil War, Paradise City - the old stuff. This new record? Not one phone call." The Chinese Democracy single peaked at only #34 on Billboard's Hot 100 chart.

why post a 4 year old article?

People here post all sorts. This is the first site that seems to say it like it is and backs it up with figures. Not anti Rose pro Slash etc.

It also points out why the Best Buy deal was not a good idea - points the finger at Guns N'Roses management at that time (who did the homework, or no homework as the case may be?).

Edited by vaida

The record didn't do well because Slash kissed people's asses to the point they wanted Chinese to fail..

I am a Dj, and I am in complete control of what's played on the radio. I play what I think is good and legit, Chinese isn't played because Slash isn't in GNR, he's done interviews with these Dj's whereas Axl hasn't, so they're biast against Axl.

I asked Rainman from Krock 100.9 WKRL if he'd play Chinese and he refused to play the song after he did the first time because Slash wasn't in it, and cuz he claimed the song wasn't good. The guy loves slash and didn't want to play a record because he too wanted the record to fail to put pressure on Axl to reunite with the old band.

Epic fail morons.

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/8-reasons-why-chinese-democracy-stiffed-185604

6. The tunes don't work for radio

On mainstream and classic rock stations where older Guns N' Roses songs receive regular rotation, Chinese Democracy's title track has flatlined. "I'm not talking about a bad reaction," says Gary Cee. "I'm talking no reaction! I only give it a few spins a week now. Meanwhile, people call and ask for November Rain, Civil War, Paradise City - the old stuff. This new record? Not one phone call." The Chinese Democracy single peaked at only #34 on Billboard's Hot 100 chart.

who is the master? who is the slave?

it's obvious why the chinese democracy record and song stiffed. no advance promotion or heavy promotion during its release by axl rose. bestbuy presented axl with a big promotion plan. before and after release. axl walked away from bestbuy and promotion of the record. chinese democracy stiffed. chinese democracy the song stiffed

note about the single, i told you it had little 2 no radio airplay. no promotion either. you're done without promotion

Edited by finck6

3 million copies sold worldwide. Possibly approaching 5 million. But at least 3 mil.

The first track I heard off Chinese Democracy was Sorry, which was played on XM radio. I thought it was a fascinating, dark song, and I dug it. So whatever.

The record didn't do well because Slash kissed people's asses to the point they wanted Chinese to fail..

I am a Dj, and I am in complete control of what's played on the radio. I play what I think is good and legit, Chinese isn't played because Slash isn't in GNR, he's done interviews with these Dj's whereas Axl hasn't, so they're biast against Axl.

I asked Rainman from Krock 100.9 WKRL if he'd play Chinese and he refused to play the song after he did the first time because Slash wasn't in it, and cuz he claimed the song wasn't good. The guy loves slash and didn't want to play a record because he too wanted the record to fail to put pressure on Axl to reunite with the old band.

Epic fail morons.

The entire world is part of a conspiracy to try and reunite the old band.

And yes. As idiotic as that sounds, some people actually do believe it.

The entire world is part of a conspiracy to try and reunite the old band. And yes. As idiotic as that sounds, some people actually do believe it.

not the entire world, but every facet of the industry at one time or another.

you guys gravely underestimate what people will do for their slice of a BILLION dollar pie.

So a random dj in a small town in Iowa will purposely try and destroy Axl......because the old band reuniting will make him money?

BUT they go the opposite route and celebrate everything that Slash does? How does that even make sense. Wouldnt they all try and hold slash's career down as well?

Sorry, I respectfully disagree. Axl is my favorite singer of all time and I have no interest in a reunion. But if I post something that isn't 100% Axl worship, somebody will still call me a bitter ex fan who is angry there isn't going to be a reunion.

The all media hates Axl conspiracy and the entire world and music industry is against Axl because they want a reunion conspiracy are - imo - just excuses the worshippers use to try and justify Axl's screwups.

Chinese Democracy is not a masterpiece.Thats all.

i think chinese democracy is a masterpiece. chinese democracy is a masterpiece because of the big solos and riffs robin finck and buckethead provide on the album with several chinese songs. like Shackler's, the chinese democracy title track, Better, Street of Dreams, If the World, there was a time, Sorry, irs, madagascar, prostitute, and TIL

the album just wasn't promoted properly by axl rose. why the chinese democracy record and chinese democracy song both stiffed in america markets

It is, however, my favorite album. Soooo it may have "stiffed" but I have my copy, so that's all that matters for me.

And that is all that should matter...as long as you love it then who cares how many copies it sold of who likes it or not..............

I simply cannot understand why such a wonderful masterpiece doesn't get enough airplay :rofl-lol:

You can't play a full album in one shot on the radio. The album as a whole is fantastic. The songs individually imho don't necessarily have the same pop as they do in the context of the album. Prostitute randomly? Very good. Prostitute at the end of the album journey? Magic (again all imho)

Edited by GnRDuff1