Song you'd like Slash, Myles & The Conspirators play live

Original GNR

Guns

You're Crazy (Appetite or Lies version, don't care)

The Garden (Kerns could do the Cooper parts)

You Could Be Mine

Snakepit

Dime Store Rock

Doin' Fine

VR

Superhuman

Edited by Xia

Immigrant Song (Slash used to do it with Franky Perez some years back)

Slash played Immigrant Song at Hammersmith Apollo in London a couple of weeks ago. I was there.

...Ermm no he never. blink.gif

His song 'Standing in the Sun' sounds like it though, and they covered Led, but it was communication breakdown.

They need to get rid of songs like Communication Breakdown, what a nothing song.

NOT until I get to hear them do it. They left it out last time they came here, and they do it really well. Besides, can't go wrong with Zeppelin, I take that over any GNR.

Meh, he played it the other week and I just thought cause of his big catalogue it could have been used for another song. Im not a huge Zeppelin fan anyway, so maybe that's why I wasn't bothered about it.

Anyway slash played Shot Fired tonight. Hopefully hear that soon.

Immigrant Song (Slash used to do it with Franky Perez some years back)

Slash played Immigrant Song at Hammersmith Apollo in London a couple of weeks ago. I was there.

...Ermm no he never. blink.gif

His song 'Standing in the Sun' sounds like it though, and they covered Led, but it was communication breakdown.

Whoops, my bad! For some reason I got communication breakdown mixed up with immigrant song in my head for a minute. And I'm a huge Led Zep fan!

he played it the other week and I just thought cause of his big catalogue it could have been used for another song. Im not a huge Zeppelin fan anyway, so maybe that's why I wasn't bothered about it.

that's no reason for them to stop playing it, they do it really well.

Edited by moreblack

You Could Be Mine

Don't Cry

Dead Horse

Bad Apples

Yesterdays

So Fine

Locomotive

Coma

Double Talkin' Jive

Be The Ball

Good To Be Alive

Back And Forth Again

Neither Can I

Back To The Moment

Serial Killer

__

I would be cool to get some jam including the November Rain outro, nobody can perform it live like Slash ;).

i believe that maybe there are some issues due to the rights of the illusions songs. axl bought the name guns n roses, when the illusions were to be released, i believe he said that if it wasn´t that way, the albums wouldn´t come out. so i believe that due to that reason, slash doesn´t play them. civil war is an excepyion, because it was released before that. of course he could play the covers kohd or lald, but i guess is a mix of both, the rights of the songs, and the reasons you mentioned.

I'm sure I read an interview with Slash somewhere where he said they could play anything from any of the guns albums prior to CD, live, no problem. But he'd have a problem putting it on an album and releasing it again.

This. Anyone can play any song by any band live, if Slash wanted to he could do an acoustic folk rendition of Shackler's Revenge and there's nothing Axl can do about it, unless he wants to release it on CD/DVD etc. If Axl buying the rights on all Guns N' Roses songs would mean Slash not being able to play anything UYI related it'd also mean that I wouldn't be allowed to play a song of those albums either. Slash has just as many rights to play what he wants to as I do. The fact that he once was in Guns has nothing to do with his rights. I reckon he just doesn't play any UYI stuff because it doesn't sound like Guns to him, despite it featuring very good guitarwork but then again, we'll never know exactly how they recorded a song like Locomotive. Slash probably has very different memories to the song than what we'd like to believe.

Coma n locomotive would be awesome just hear slash improvise those songs my only beef is that the lyrics are too much Axl n Myles can't do Axl. Still I would love to hear slash play those songs.

I've always thought Myles would kill the end of Coma and to hear the bass and drums kick in at the beginning of a 1st encore would be killer

I'm sure Slash is sick and tired of anything that's GnR related. Granted, he'll play a couple of songs here and there. But I'm sure his memories of his time in GnR are not what we'd want them to be. We're mere fans. He was there. Through all the crap. I'm willing to bet Slash prefers playing his solo stuff.

Anyway, Don't cry would be nice.