CD Sessions

Coma16

Wish GNR can do something like this.... Just release them already!!!!

Red Hot Chili Peppers will be releasing 18 previously unreleased sides from the I'm With You sessions over the next six months. Each of the songs will be available worldwide both digitally and on 7 inch vinyl.

The first pair of sides - "Strange Man" on the A-side and "Long Progression" on the B-side - will be released on August 14, 2012. The second pair of sides - "Magpies" and "Victorian Machinery" - will be released on September 11, 2012. The third pair of sides - "Never Is A Long Time" and "Love Of Your Life" - will be released on October 2, 2012. The fourth pair of sides (titles TBD) will be released November 6, 2012. The fifth pair of sides (titles TBD) will be released December 4, 2012 and the sixth pair of sides (titles TBD) will be released December 18, 2012. The final two releases will be released in early 2013.

http://redhotchilipeppers.com/news/357-18-unreleased-i-m-with-you-sides

I do think Axl had a trilogy planned hence not releasing more, but at the same time I dont think the current guys would be too happy about re-recording those and not putting forward some of their own. Either way, all that material must be released one way or another

Red Hot Chili Peppers will be releasing 18 previously unreleased sides from the I'm With You sessions over the next six months. Each of the songs will be available worldwide both digitally and on 7 inch vinyl.

The first pair of sides - "Strange Man" on the A-side and "Long Progression" on the B-side - will be released on August 14, 2012. The second pair of sides - "Magpies" and "Victorian Machinery" - will be released on September 11, 2012. The third pair of sides - "Never Is A Long Time" and "Love Of Your Life" - will be released on October 2, 2012. The fourth pair of sides (titles TBD) will be released November 6, 2012. The fifth pair of sides (titles TBD) will be released December 4, 2012 and the sixth pair of sides (titles TBD) will be released December 18, 2012. The final two releases will be released in early 2013.

Sounds good in theory, but I don't think it will be successful. Billy Corgan has already diluted his idea of a staggered singles release as the public don't appreciate it as much as a monumental event such as an album release. I could be very wrong and hope I am as this would be a really cool method of release. I also hope they would put out a boxset at the end with some cool, exclusive features for those that don't want 9 disks lying around.

While this is a great idea, it's the kind of stuff that only die-hard fans spend their hard-earned money in. Your casual listeners, which make up more than 60% of any given band's fanbase, are often not interested in that sort of stuff. IMO.

I do think Axl had a trilogy planned hence not releasing more, but at the same time I dont think the current guys would be too happy about re-recording those and not putting forward some of their own. Either way, all that material must be released one way or another

This is the reason we won't be seeing anything similar from GNR. If Axl hopes to retain the services of DJ and Ron, he'll have to accommodate them in their designs to have some influence on a new album. Releasing old tracks alone from the Buckethead/Finck lineup will guarantee the flight of some of the newer members. Only thing that might mitigate this is if Axl has DJ and Ron on long-term contracts that would limit their recourse.

While it would be great to hear some new music from this band, I don't expect anything for a very long time.

Cheers,

Andrew

Sounds good in theory, but I don't think it will be successful. Billy Corgan has already diluted his idea of a staggered singles release as the public don't appreciate it as much as a monumental event such as an album release. I could be very wrong and hope I am as this would be a really cool method of release. I also hope they would put out a boxset at the end with some cool, exclusive features for those that don't want 9 disks lying around.

Corgan's also worked on reissuing his old stuff, and I think Oceania's been getting good reviews recently, comparing it to Mellon Collie. Sometimes artists have to give in and go back to giving people what they want and not try to distance themselves from it.

This is the reason we won't be seeing anything similar from GNR. If Axl hopes to retain the services of DJ and Ron, he'll have to accommodate them in their designs to have some influence on a new album. Releasing old tracks alone from the Buckethead/Finck lineup will guarantee the flight of some of the newer members. Only thing that might mitigate this is if Axl has DJ and Ron on long-term contracts that would limit their recourse.

While it would be great to hear some new music from this band, I don't expect anything for a very long time.

Cheers,

Andrew

bucket/robin/brain parts must remain intact

bucket/robin/brain parts must remain intact

It depends on how it is marketed. If it is a "new" release then the recordings (or at least most) should feature the newest members. However, if it is released as CD Sessions/Outtakes/B-sides then it should be released as is (I'm sure BBF is also on those anyway).