Do you think Axl is holding back the next CD so he can incorporate dubstep?

Freddie Mercury's Ghost

Do you think Axl is holding back the next CD so he can incorporate dubstep?  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We all know Axl getting involved with electronic music circa-1995 is what caused the original lineup to fall apart due to musical division.

Do you think Axl has heard dubstep in today's top songs and wants to incorporate it into his unreleased material?

Chinese Democracy already sounded dated by the time it came out (recorded with circa-1999 technology and production techniques) - maybe Axl wants to re-record or remix what remains unreleased from those sessions with newer production techniques that would give his songs a better chance of charting.

Fans of Muse are worried because their new album is dubstep-tinged. But if that's what it takes to be popular, I guess it's a smart move.

Edited by Freddie Mercury's Ghost

every time I think my ears couldn't get raped any more than they already have, something like dubstep comes out.

I don't think Axl is wanting to incorporate dubstep. If he is, then I will lose any shred of respect I had left for him (actually I already have, so that doesn't matter to me). But if he is, then it will probably be released long after the dubstep fad has passed.

No

Not really, sometimes i listen to dubstep

Fans of Muse are worried because their new album is dubstep-tinged.

Nope

Article - http://www.nme.com/news/muse/64168

Yeah i've heard, but this doesn't mean jackshit. Listen to the song i linked.

PS: nme is full of crap

http://www.spin.com/articles/muse-admit-theres-dubstep-and-jazzy-brass-number-2nd-law-lp

Muse Admit There's Dubstep and a 'Jazzy Brass Number' on '2nd Law' LP

No

Not really, sometimes i listen to dubstep

Fans of Muse are worried because their new album is dubstep-tinged.

Nope

Article - http://www.nme.com/news/muse/64168

Yeah i've heard, but this doesn't mean jackshit. Listen to the song i linked.

PS: nme is full of crap

http://www.spin.com/articles/muse-admit-theres-dubstep-and-jazzy-brass-number-2nd-law-lp

Muse Admit There's Dubstep and a 'Jazzy Brass Number' on '2nd Law' LP

So not the full album is dubstep.

Anyway, SPIN???

LOL

are you reading this shit pages regularly?

there are electronics parts of course yeah, but it's still a rock song. NIN ain't a techno band you know.

NIN is an industrial band or whatever. Silkworms isn't a rock song. Yeah, not a techno song, but not a rock song.

It's a shit very pure crap song.

We all know Axl getting involved with electronic music circa-1995 is what caused the original lineup to fall apart due to musical division.

Do you think Axl has heard dubstep in today's top songs and wants to incorporate it into his unreleased material?

Chinese Democracy already sounded dated by the time it came out (recorded with circa-1999 technology and production techniques) - maybe Axl wants to re-record or remix what remains unreleased from those sessions with newer production techniques that would give his songs a better chance of charting.

Fans of Muse are worried because their new album is dubstep-tinged. But if that's what it takes to be popular, I guess it's a smart move.

Once a band starts following trends, fans become REALLY divided. Build a body of work, then get experimental, or do it under another name.

GNR right now can come up with incredible music, but Axl has to trust the band. I think bringing Izzy and Duff into it brings some of the old school feeling into the songs.

They have hundreds of songs amongst themselves and just need to figure out which 12-15 to put out. Axl's strengths are in his lyrics and delivery. If he just goes "fuck it" and trusts the guys, we'll have new music. He's not Brian Wilson where he can do the multi layer thing off the top of his head.

Once a band starts following trends, fans become REALLY divided. Build a body of work, then get experimental, or do it under another name.

GNR right now can come up with incredible music, but Axl has to trust the band. I think bringing Izzy and Duff into it brings some of the old school feeling into the songs.

They have hundreds of songs amongst themselves and just need to figure out which 12-15 to put out. Axl's strengths are in his lyrics and delivery. If he just goes "fuck it" and trusts the guys, we'll have new music. He's not Brian Wilson where he can do the multi layer thing off the top of his head.

Good point here - I think with Appetite and the Illusion albums, Duff was the one who rearranged the demos so that they sounded cohesive for the final tracks. For instance - the Welcome to the Jungle demo had the bridge repeating multiple times.

Why not pay Duff and Izzy to listen to the unreleased material, find the gems among the bunch, then have Duff arrange them to what he feels is "Guns N' Roses".

I think that's a happy compromise that would please old-GNR fans and NuGNR fans.

yes