Do you think Axl is holding back the next CD so he can incorporate dubstep?

Freddie Mercury's Ghost

Do you think Axl is holding back the next CD so he can incorporate dubstep?  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Null vote because of indifference.

The James Blake version of dubstep or whatever is alright. The american rape version is D=

I don't think Axl will in corporate it into his music at all.

axl know what dubstep is?

We all know Axl getting involved with electronic music circa-1995 is what caused the original lineup to fall apart due to musical division.

Do you think Axl has heard dubstep in today's top songs and wants to incorporate it into his unreleased material?

Chinese Democracy already sounded dated by the time it came out (recorded with circa-1999 technology and production techniques) - maybe Axl wants to re-record or remix what remains unreleased from those sessions with newer production techniques that would give his songs a better chance of charting.

Fans of Muse are worried because their new album is dubstep-tinged. But if that's what it takes to be popular, I guess it's a smart move.

Once a band starts following trends, fans become REALLY divided. Build a body of work, then get experimental, or do it under another name.

GNR right now can come up with incredible music, but Axl has to trust the band. I think bringing Izzy and Duff into it brings some of the old school feeling into the songs.

They have hundreds of songs amongst themselves and just need to figure out which 12-15 to put out. Axl's strengths are in his lyrics and delivery. If he just goes "fuck it" and trusts the guys, we'll have new music. He's not Brian Wilson where he can do the multi layer thing off the top of his head.

Good point here - I think with Appetite and the Illusion albums, Duff was the one who rearranged the demos so that they sounded cohesive for the final tracks. For instance - the Welcome to the Jungle demo had the bridge repeating multiple times.

Why not pay Duff and Izzy to listen to the unreleased material, find the gems among the bunch, then have Duff arrange them to what he feels is "Guns N' Roses".

I think that's a happy compromise that would please old-GNR fans and NuGNR fans.

I'd fucking love that :thumbsup:

Axl could release a dubstep album and a group on here would say it was the greatest dubstep album of all time.

We all know Axl getting involved with electronic music circa-1995 is what caused the original lineup to fall apart due to musical division.

Do you think Axl has heard dubstep in today's top songs and wants to incorporate it into his unreleased material?

Chinese Democracy already sounded dated by the time it came out (recorded with circa-1999 technology and production techniques) - maybe Axl wants to re-record or remix what remains unreleased from those sessions with newer production techniques that would give his songs a better chance of charting.

Fans of Muse are worried because their new album is dubstep-tinged. But if that's what it takes to be popular, I guess it's a smart move.

Once a band starts following trends, fans become REALLY divided. Build a body of work, then get experimental, or do it under another name.

GNR right now can come up with incredible music, but Axl has to trust the band. I think bringing Izzy and Duff into it brings some of the old school feeling into the songs.

They have hundreds of songs amongst themselves and just need to figure out which 12-15 to put out. Axl's strengths are in his lyrics and delivery. If he just goes "fuck it" and trusts the guys, we'll have new music. He's not Brian Wilson where he can do the multi layer thing off the top of his head.

Good point here - I think with Appetite and the Illusion albums, Duff was the one who rearranged the demos so that they sounded cohesive for the final tracks. For instance - the Welcome to the Jungle demo had the bridge repeating multiple times.

Why not pay Duff and Izzy to listen to the unreleased material, find the gems among the bunch, then have Duff arrange them to what he feels is "Guns N' Roses".

I think that's a happy compromise that would please old-GNR fans and NuGNR fans.

I'd fucking love that :thumbsup:

Great ideas and great posts.

Guest Broskirose

I'd much rather the next album be dubstep than a DJ-written rock album.

This.

I'd rather the next album be Chris farting into a mic for 65 minutes than a DJ-written rock album.

Edited by Broskirose

The James Blake version of dubstep or whatever is alright. The american rape version is D=

I'm sure he at least has a passing familiarity with it.

Axl has always seemed like the type to give any/all music some consideration. I believe he certainly has an open mind at least when it comes to the enjoyment of music.

Axl could release a dubstep album and a group on here would say it was the greatest dubstep album of all time.

22775028.jpg

Seriously, that shit sucks hard, and it wouldn't take much to improve on it. I haven't been the biggest Axl fan ever the last couple years, but he certainly is talented enough for that!

I'm sure he at least has a passing familiarity with it.

Axl has always seemed like the type to give any/all music some consideration. I believe he certainly has an open mind at least when it comes to the enjoyment of music.

bring on axl dubstep music

I like dubstep :) However, I think dubstep and Guns is something that wont happen. I don't think it would be bad, but the KoRn thing is not a good comparison, since KoRn have always had weird mixes of genres, like the hip-hop style of the early stuff, the industrial tinge on See You On The Other Side etc. Guns, whilst having a multitude of influences, they (from what I gather) generally stem from the "rock" lineage (traditionally at least). Also, KoRn's heavy, "nu-metal" sound fuses well with the frantic "bro-step" sound that people like Skrillex have crafted, and so the actual musical fusion is a far better fit. I would quite enjoy hearing Axl give dubstep a go, and I'm sure he is aware of it, since in the chats he's always seemed pretty clued up on current musical trends, but I still feel this may be a bit too far for Guns to go.

Peace!

xXx