The Stone Roses/Guns n' Roses

Dazey

As much of a cock that Brown is...this was, and is, one of the best bands of all time.

The difference is, Ian Brown didn't come out 10 years later with only himself (amd 4 session players) and calling the act 'The Stone Roses'.

Some people know the concept of dignity....Axl Rose, his scabs, and a lot of his younger followers have no grasp of such concept...

Scabs?? Go away Steven Adler!!

As much of a cock that Brown is...this was, and is, one of the best bands of all time.

The difference is, Ian Brown didn't come out 10 years later with only himself (amd 4 session players) and calling the act 'The Stone Roses'.

Some people know the concept of dignity....Axl Rose, his scabs, and a lot of his younger followers have no grasp of such concept...

Moving away from the scabs thing though, have you heard their first record buddy? :)

Two bands feted as the best of their generation. Both with a debut album that will be forever thought of as one of the all time greats. Both had a long time away and came back with an album that was drastically different from their previous work that was effectively a solo work by a single member. Both of whom had an effective split and came back after more than a decade. Difference being that one was the fastest selling concerts in UK history and are still held in high critical regard and the other, though still amazing, aren't.

One question. Why?

Also listen to this and tell me you wouldn't like to hear John Squire play something with Axl? Solo from about 4 minutes in.

Insightful post Dazey,I have always held the stone roses in high regard and can definately see the parrallels mentioned.

They had the tightest fucking rhythm section, no doubt fuelled by their amazing drummer.

And Yeah,I'd love to hear a duo/combined effort from these two legends.

Highly driven and determined, individuals are often labelled as 'Assholes'. Sticks & Stones-

Insightful post Dazey,I have always held the stone roses in high regard and can definately see the parrallels mentioned.

They had the tightest fucking rhythm section, no doubt fuelled by their amazing drummer.

Highly driven and determined, individuals are often labelled as 'Assholes'. Sticks & Stones-

One of the greatest bands of all time as far as I'm concerned and I know Ian Brown is no Axl but put Squire and Slash on a stage together and I defy anybody to say he's not one of the best guitarists in the world!

Moving away from the scabs thing though, have you heard their first record buddy? :)

Yes;the self-titled debut was noting short of magnificent.My favorite cut is 'Fool's Gold/What the world really is'.

One of the greatest bands of all time as far as I'm concerned and I know Ian Brown is no Axl but put Squire and Slash on a stage together and I defy anybody to say he's not one of the best guitarists in the world!

Totally Agree,He has his own style and is indisputably talented!

Yes;the self-titled debut was noting short of magnificent.My favorite cut is 'Fool's Gold/What the world really is'.

Fools gold was probably my least favourite. Great track but a little slow in comparison. It wasn't actually on the original record and "what the world is waiting for"? Was only ever released as a b side was it not?

Saw em on Saturday. Yeah, Slash wanted to join but Brownie told him to fuck off.

Trivia: A young Ian Brown was at the filming of this video:

nice find!!

And good judgement by Brown!! the infection was aborted :lol:

It never happened you Yankee sack of shit! :P What do I know though? I'm listening to the Rocky 4 soundtrack on repeat after drinking heavily! :lol:

It never happened you Yankee sack of shit! :P What do I know though? I'm listening to the Rocky 4 soundtrack on repeat after drinking heavily! :lol:

Ha!! Ya Smartass Recoat,what are we drinking? I'm floating in tequila right now!

As far as 'Fools Gold/ cut It's on an American-made compilation. Waterfall was a good song as well.

I'm schitzophrenic with my listening tastes,everything from Queen,Acca-Dacca,Classical ie:Wagner,Mozart,Schubert etc.,Sinatra,Zep, Beatles,Stones,Elton,Golden Earring,BOC,Sabbath,Randy era Ozzy,Hendrix,Neil Young,Billy Joel,Rammstein,Yngwie,Satch,the G-3 tours,BLS etc,etc.

Ha!! Ya Smartass Recoat,what are we drinking? I'm floating in tequila right now!

Beer as always. Get in the chat fucknut! :P

heading at my laptop as we speak!! I'm on this cursed Cell-puter!!!!

Excuses, excuses! Fucking Yanks, always showing up in the last five minutes to save the day! :rolleyes:

It must be an apt comparison. They even attract similar fuckwits to be fans. Check out this comment on a Stone Roses article:

The original line up of The Stone Roses eh? There's been about a dozen different members in The Stone Roses over the years, this is the classic line up, not the original

Edited by Chinaski

Beer as always. Get in the chat fucknut! :P

heading at my laptop as we speak!! I'm on this cursed Cell-puter!!!!

Excuses, excuses! Fucking Yanks, always showing up in the last five minutes to save the day! :rolleyes:

Yeah,We are a Sorry-assed lot of absent-minded motherfuckers! I wear a watch for decorative purposes,the last one stopped running and I didn't notice for five fucking days!! :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

Saw em on Saturday. Yeah, Slash wanted to join but Brownie told him to fuck off.

How was the gig? I've heard mixed reports?

i thought it was fuckin amazing. the actual performance was flat out amazing, had a good ol' mosh during Beady Eye, lots of cupfuls of piss being chucked around and the odd "you ain't from around here are you, you're an italian, aren't you?" type approaches :lol: Yeah, a wonderful time was had by all. I thought it was one of the best gigs i've ever been to, ever. And playing wise, fuck me were they on fire, wanna go see em in a more intimate setting, that'd be cool :) Fuckin' belter though, just absolutely amazing, youtube it and you'll see just how well the musical aspect was nailed.

that's something that often gets missed, they can play, even I can tell they masters, listen to all the subtlety and feel and intracies. like Zepp they make stuff sound futuristic with just guitar, bass and drums. I love Breaking into Heaven, I know it's indulgent but thats how you start a record lol