Will Slash's success motivate Axl?

LoadedNightraiN

He is the last person on the earth who would be righteously in position to criticise others for not keepin up with their word. Especially when it came to statements related to the release of new material.

Would you mind telling us what these supposed promises were that Axl broke? I don't remember him ever giving his word about anything. I do remember him revealing tentative plans from time to time, but I don't remember any promises. Perhaps you can refresh my memory?

"We'll be back next summer with a bunch of new songs."

WINNER rustycage

Hardly,Sometimes life throws you curveballs and the best intentions can be altered.

Deal with it.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peter- They were mega stars before the Illusions. Appetite has outsold the Illusions almost 3 times over. Matt himself knows that he was just an employee. It's not an insult, it's a fact.

Yes, I know they were huge, but the UYI era just took it to another level and solidified their spot as biggest band in the world. I don't think they could be classed as the biggest band in the world during the Appetite period. Were they huge, yes. Biggest? not yet. They reached this mark in the UYI period, where success was so great that members said the excess peaked in this period and spiraled out of control.

Well, Matt knows that in Axl's opinion for years, he's been seen as an employee. It's well documented that Axl likes to degrade Matt now. When he stepped in and saved the band from having to cancel Rio and possibly fold completely, I didn't hear him knocking him then. Of course, only until Matt stepped in to get Slash back.

If Matt and Dizzy aren't eligible, the new band sure as hell aren't.

"As long as he's getting paid $$$"

Well, you don't know for a fact he has gotten paid for every album he has appeared on. If he has, wow, what an arse wanting to get paid for doing work. Why don't you be better than that horrible man and stop accepting your salary at work? When's the last time Axl did a free gig or guest appearance? One time I can think of, on Baz' album.... Oh wait, Axl doesn't do stuff like that.... er, or anything really. It's his grand vision!! LOL :crazy:

If you think Chinese Democracy was/is relevant you are delusional. I actually think it is a good album, but you cannot objectively say it was/is relevant in the industry. It is a joke. How much airplay does it get? None. CD has had no impact. Will GNR be remember for the great hits off CD. Of course not. CD only lowered GNR's cred because of the time it took to come out. It's a throw away, because it wasn't promoted properly, or released soon enough.

So Axl's vision and staying true to himself is by doing practically nothing for 20 years is a good thing? 1 album (and nothing else but a few mediocre cash grab tours) is awesome? That's what you call a farce. Not some grand "vision".

Lets take a minute to examine why the RRHOF would want NuGNR to attend:

Richard - has been in a decade or so. Has done nothing but cash grab tours and a few parts on CD.

BBF - has been in 6 years and also has done nothing but cash grab tours and a few parts on CD.

Frank - has been in 6 years and also has done nothing but cash grab tours and 1 song on CD.

Tommy - Been in 14 years. Cash grab tours. Played on CD.

Chris - I dont think I even need to go into it.

DJ - Been in only a few years, cash grab tours and hasnt played on an album.

None of these people have done anything significant to warrant induction. Are you really going to tell me Tommy is that amazing he should be inducted on the basis of 14 years of cash grab touring and playing on 1 album which is completely irrelevant, except of course to the die hards on the forums.

CD is relevant for somewhere between 3-5 million people depending on what you want to believe, that is hardly irrelevant.

I do agree with your assessment of the Hall of Fame, but I don't think Matt or Dizzy should have been inducted either. It should have been no employees allowed.

Damn Smooth, I like the album. It is a great album. In the industry, and in the grand scheme of things, the album has no significance. Only a platform for ppl to poke fun at what GNR and Axl have become.

I think Matt and Dizzy had involvement on crucial albums and tours. They were involved in the era when GNR were literally the biggest band on the earth. Although I'm not crazy about Dizzy get in,I can see why they inducted him. I think Matt should be a certainty. My opinion.

I'll agree to disagree on Matt and Dizzy. The true classic lineup is what made that band the biggest band on earth. Appetite is much more relevant to the history of music than the Illusions are.

About CD, what is critically acclaimed and popular in the US today is a joke to me.

I see what your saying re: the original lineup. I think with Appetite that made them a huge band, but the UYI tour made them mega stars, and solidified them as the biggest band in the world. Matt and Dizzy were apart of not only the tours, but the albums. This is why I understand them getting in.

I think calling Matt an employee is pretty harsh. Axl loved Matt until he went into bat for Slash and asked Axl to rehire him. Matt's contributions to GNR have been massive, Axl knew it then (claiming Matt was the reason they didn't break up) and I'm sure when he's not being a bitter and twisted soul, he knows it inside.

Bitter and twisted is an accurate assumption of your post content.

Amazing how you can know what is going on in someone elses mind.

You must be psychotic or psychic,damn how I keep mixing up those two terms.

The RRHOF was a travesty,with neither Axl or Izzy bothering to humor Jann Wenner.

It's good to see you just keep making jabs and don't choose to debate anything I'm saying. Although, I understand. You can't refute reality.

Peter.....that's all sailway does. He just insults people and worships Axl.

You shouldn't waste your time trying to have a discussion or debate with him, as his response is always the same. Especially if you show where he is wrong. He will worship whatever Axl did, and then insult the poster.

Don't be too harsh on him though, I think he is just a kid. Maybe 10 or 11 years old.

Peter- They were mega stars before the Illusions. Appetite has outsold the Illusions almost 3 times over. Matt himself knows that he was just an employee. It's not an insult, it's a fact.

Yes, I know they were huge, but the UYI era just took it to another level and solidified their spot as biggest band in the world. I don't think they could be classed as the biggest band in the world during the Appetite period. Were they huge, yes. Biggest? not yet. They reached this mark in the UYI period, where success was so great that members said the excess peaked in this period and spiraled out of control.

Well, Matt knows that in Axl's opinion for years, he's been seen as an employee. It's well documented that Axl likes to degrade Matt now. When he stepped in and saved the band from having to cancel Rio and possibly fold completely, I didn't hear him knocking him then. Of course, only until Matt stepped in to get Slash back.

Well, you don't know for a fact he has gotten paid for every album he has appeared on. If he has, wow, what an arse wanting to get paid for doing work. Why don't you be better than that horrible man and stop accepting your salary at work? When's the last time Axl did a free gig or guest appearance? One time I can think of, on Baz' album.... Oh wait, Axl doesn't do stuff like that.... er, or anything really. It's his grand vision!! LOL :crazy:

If you think Chinese Democracy was/is relevant you are delusional. I actually think it is a good album, but you cannot objectively say it was/is relevant in the industry. It is a joke. How much airplay does it get? None. CD has had no impact. Will GNR be remember for the great hits off CD. Of course not. CD only lowered GNR's cred because of the time it took to come out. It's a throw away, because it wasn't promoted properly, or released soon enough.

So Axl's vision and staying true to himself is by doing practically nothing for 20 years is a good thing? 1 album (and nothing else but a few mediocre cash grab tours) is awesome? That's what you call a farce. Not some grand "vision".

Richard - has been in a decade or so. Has done nothing but cash grab tours and a few parts on CD.

BBF - has been in 6 years and also has done nothing but cash grab tours and a few parts on CD.

Frank - has been in 6 years and also has done nothing but cash grab tours and 1 song on CD.

None of these people have done anything significant to warrant induction. Are you really going to tell me Tommy is that amazing he should be inducted on the basis of 14 years of cash grab touring and playing on 1 album which is completely irrelevant, except of course to the die hards on the forums.

CD is relevant for somewhere between 3-5 million people depending on what you want to believe, that is hardly irrelevant.

I do agree with your assessment of the Hall of Fame, but I don't think Matt or Dizzy should have been inducted either. It should have been no employees allowed.

Damn Smooth, I like the album. It is a great album. In the industry, and in the grand scheme of things, the album has no significance. Only a platform for ppl to poke fun at what GNR and Axl have become.

I think Matt and Dizzy had involvement on crucial albums and tours. They were involved in the era when GNR were literally the biggest band on the earth. Although I'm not crazy about Dizzy get in,I can see why they inducted him. I think Matt should be a certainty. My opinion.

I'll agree to disagree on Matt and Dizzy. The true classic lineup is what made that band the biggest band on earth. Appetite is much more relevant to the history of music than the Illusions are.

About CD, what is critically acclaimed and popular in the US today is a joke to me.

I see what your saying re: the original lineup. I think with Appetite that made them a huge band, but the UYI tour made them mega stars, and solidified them as the biggest band in the world. Matt and Dizzy were apart of not only the tours, but the albums. This is why I understand them getting in.

I think calling Matt an employee is pretty harsh. Axl loved Matt until he went into bat for Slash and asked Axl to rehire him. Matt's contributions to GNR have been massive, Axl knew it then (claiming Matt was the reason they didn't break up) and I'm sure when he's not being a bitter and twisted soul, he knows it inside.

iu

The RRHOF was a travesty,with neither Axl or Izzy bothering to humor Jann Wenner.

It's good to see you just keep making jabs and don't choose to debate anything I'm saying. Although, I understand. You can't refute reality.

You shouldn't waste your time trying to have a discussion or debate with him, as his response is always the same. Especially if you show where he is wrong. He will worship whatever Axl did, and then insult the poster.

Don't be too harsh on him though, I think he is just a kid. Maybe 10 or 11 years old.

Wrong again Oh deluded one,I was born in march of 1962,do the math

I'm not worshipping,Im loyal,guess that word nor the discernment between said words aren't in your vocabulary.maybe you could sign up for some remedial classes,as well as some therapy.

Gunner since 88,still going strong!and will gladly defend them to anyone coming here for the expressed purpose of berating them.

Im quite intolerant of the "entitled fan syndrome".

Edited by sailaway

Did Slash sell an idea of Dragon's Den, or take String Theory to the next level?

I am not up to speed to Slash's sudden recent achievements

he keeps licking everyone's ass and paying to get awards , makings mediocre cd's like any other mediocre band out there and getting way overrated because he's slash :)

The problem is that Axl is the main reason Slash is famous.

of course :thumbsup: although "slash" doesn't seem grateful :P

This makes zero sense

So you idiots get off on bullying a sweet GNR fan like Angeles on a GNR fan forum?

Congratulations!!

People will hear new music this year.

Correct me if I am wrong but we did hear new music

(IRS, Better etc in 2006)

iu

Wrong again Oh deluded one,I was born in march of 1962,do the math

I'm not worshipping,Im loyal,guess that word nor the discernment between said words aren't in your vocabulary.maybe you could sign up for some remedial classes,as well as some therapy.

Gunner since 88,still going strong!and will gladly defend them to anyone coming here for the expressed purpose of berating them.

Im quite intolerant of the "entitled fan syndrome".

Sailaway, there's nothing wrong with loyalty. When it gets to a point of blind following and delusion, that is a point of concern.

If you're a 'gunner' since 88, shouldn't you say you'll defend him, considering there's no one else left from the 1988 lineup but Axl. Were you ever a real Guns N Roses fan as a whole, or just someone who was/is completely obsessed with Axl. I don't think I really need to ask this anyway.

As for berating Guns N' Roses, I will never do that. Although, I just can't seem to cling to and worship the revolving door pro musicians like most people on here. It would be as ridiculous as McCartney recruiting 3 other guys (then replacing them 15 times), calling themselves 'The Beatles' and expecting ppl to worship them blindly.

He is the last person on the earth who would be righteously in position to criticise others for not keepin up with their word. Especially when it came to statements related to the release of new material.

Would you mind telling us what these supposed promises were that Axl broke? I don't remember him ever giving his word about anything. I do remember him revealing tentative plans from time to time, but I don't remember any promises. Perhaps you can refresh my memory?

"We'll be back next summer with a bunch of new songs."

Where was the promise?

Seriously?rofl-lol.gif

You can say hardly all you want, facts are facts. If you can't follow through on something, don't say It.

and if all you have are rumors,heresay with no proof to back them up its useless to conti.ue any sort of intelligent debate with you.

Slash is actively creative, as a musician that's the best form of succes there is

who says success is measure by Disc sales?, Slash is happy doing what he does, i'm afraid Axl needs to do what he does to keep the band alive, i mean how do you pay Ashba?

the problem with Axl is he's probably worried releasing more music will eventually relegate him to "just another band" and loose the whole mysticism around GNR/himself.

You honestly think that your thread title won't cause disruptions. Bring it to Attitude where it belongs.

But to answer your question. I don't think Axl should do anything about Slash buying himself a slab of concrete and Charlie making a joke about him. It's nothing substantial in the grand scheme of things.

Agreed Damn Smooth! nothing substantial,just low life commentary by another insignificunt that wont make one iota pf difference in

GNR world.

Did Slash sell an idea of Dragon's Den, or take String Theory to the next level?

I am not up to speed to Slash's sudden recent achievements

:thumbsup:

Slash is actively creative, as a musician that's the best form of succes there is

who says success is measure by Disc sales?, Slash is happy doing what he does, i'm afraid Axl needs to do what he does to keep the band alive, i mean how do you pay Ashba?

the problem with Axl is he's probably worried releasing more music will eventually relegate him to "just another band" and loose the whole mysticism around GNR/himself.

another e-psychic that attempts to read someones motives via the internet.

fail.

You can say hardly all you want, facts are facts. If you can't follow through on something, don't say It.

and if all you have are rumors,heresay with no proof to back them up its useless to conti.ue any sort of intelligent debate with you.

who do you think you are, you aren't no better than any other member of the forum so quit acting like It. Since you were to lazy to do any research he said It at Rock In Rio 1-15-01.

who do you think you are, you aren't no better than any other member of the forum so quit acting like It. Since you were to lazy to do any research he said It at Rock In Rio 1-15-01.

It's funny that these hardcore Axl fans can't remember something from that huge show. They must have either not watched it and weren't fans, which anyone at that time did since there was hardly any activity for years from this band, or they were too young, or were too busy with some lotion during the show to listen to what he said.

I was hoping to drag it on because it was funny watching them be oblivious to a broken promise from Axl that everyone interested in GNR around here knew about. It was a little exposing.

Let the "blame game" begin...................

sailaway is a cupcake i have already reported him 2 times today he knows nothin about gnr

Ha!!

sailaway is a cupcake i have already reported him 2 times today he knows nothin about gnr

:lol:

This is the funniest reply I´ve read today. Thank you for the laugh mate!

hahahaha!! where do they rent these clowns? :takethat:

It's funny that these hardcore Axl fans can't remember something from that huge show. They must have either not watched it and weren't fans, which anyone at that time did since there was hardly any activity for years from this band, or they were too young, or were too busy with some lotion during the show to listen to what he said.

I was hoping to drag it on because it was funny watching them be oblivious to a broken promise from Axl that everyone interested in GNR around here knew about. It was a little exposing.

Let the "blame game" begin...................

plans change and issues arise,maybe not in your little world,but in the real world it's a certainty.

This was more an "off the cuff" remark than a "promise" of any sort. :jerkoff:

and if all you have are rumors,heresay withtno proof to back them up its useless to conti.ue any sort of intelligent debate with you.

Ive been to a shitload of GNR shows,here.and abroad over the years.

It wasn't a promise,and wasnt expressed as such.

the only promise was the TENTATIVE release date,that because of issues and unforeseen incidents did not materialize.

reading marc responses on canter banter, it's clear that axl hates slash and wants him to fail. he can't stand slash's success. gnr still fillls arenas thanks to the music the old band created, axl must feel like shit for having to play those songs every night since his new songs are not popular. axl must feel like shit every single night. some therapy required.

saying tnings in tne heat of the moment hardly represents a hard clad promise.

and if all you have are rumors,heresay withtno proof to back them up its useless to conti.ue any sort of intelligent debate with you.

Ive been to a shitload of GNR shows,here.and abroad over the years.

It wasn't a promise,and wasnt expressed as such.

the only promise was the TENTATIVE release date,that because of issues and unforeseen incidents did not materialize.

That wasn´t even a promise, actually, Axl never used that word.