Will Slash's success motivate Axl?

LoadedNightraiN

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"As long as he's getting paid $$$"

Well, you don't know for a fact he has gotten paid for every album he has appeared on. If he has, wow, what an arse wanting to get paid for doing work. Why don't you be better than that horrible man and stop accepting your salary at work? When's the last time Axl did a free gig or guest appearance? One time I can think of, on Baz' album.... Oh wait, Axl doesn't do stuff like that.... er, or anything really. It's his grand vision!! LOL :crazy:

If you think Chinese Democracy was/is relevant you are delusional. I actually think it is a good album, but you cannot objectively say it was/is relevant in the industry. It is a joke. How much airplay does it get? None. CD has had no impact. Will GNR be remember for the great hits off CD. Of course not. CD only lowered GNR's cred because of the time it took to come out. It's a throw away, because it wasn't promoted properly, or released soon enough.

So Axl's vision and staying true to himself is by doing practically nothing for 20 years is a good thing? 1 album (and nothing else but a few mediocre cash grab tours) is awesome? That's what you call a farce. Not some grand "vision".

Lets take a minute to examine why the RRHOF would want NuGNR to attend:

Richard - has been in a decade or so. Has done nothing but cash grab tours and a few parts on CD.

BBF - has been in 6 years and also has done nothing but cash grab tours and a few parts on CD.

Frank - has been in 6 years and also has done nothing but cash grab tours and 1 song on CD.

Tommy - Been in 14 years. Cash grab tours. Played on CD.

Chris - I dont think I even need to go into it.

DJ - Been in only a few years, cash grab tours and hasnt played on an album.

None of these people have done anything significant to warrant induction. Are you really going to tell me Tommy is that amazing he should be inducted on the basis of 14 years of cash grab touring and playing on 1 album which is completely irrelevant, except of course to the die hards on the forums.

CD is relevant for somewhere between 3-5 million people depending on what you want to believe, that is hardly irrelevant.

I do agree with your assessment of the Hall of Fame, but I don't think Matt or Dizzy should have been inducted either. It should have been no employees allowed.

Damn Smooth, I like the album. It is a great album. In the industry, and in the grand scheme of things, the album has no significance. Only a platform for ppl to poke fun at what GNR and Axl have become.

I think Matt and Dizzy had involvement on crucial albums and tours. They were involved in the era when GNR were literally the biggest band on the earth. Although I'm not crazy about Dizzy get in,I can see why they inducted him. I think Matt should be a certainty. My opinion.

I'll agree to disagree on Matt and Dizzy. The true classic lineup is what made that band the biggest band on earth. Appetite is much more relevant to the history of music than the Illusions are.

About CD, what is critically acclaimed and popular in the US today is a joke to me.

I see what your saying re: the original lineup. I think with Appetite that made them a huge band, but the UYI tour made them mega stars, and solidified them as the biggest band in the world. Matt and Dizzy were apart of not only the tours, but the albums. This is why I understand them getting in.

I think calling Matt an employee is pretty harsh. Axl loved Matt until he went into bat for Slash and asked Axl to rehire him. Matt's contributions to GNR have been massive, Axl knew it then (claiming Matt was the reason they didn't break up) and I'm sure when he's not being a bitter and twisted soul, he knows it inside.

Bitter and twisted is an accurate assumption of your post content.

Amazing how you can know what is going on in someone elses mind.

You must be psychotic or psychic,damn how I keep mixing up those two terms.

The RRHOF was a travesty,with neither Axl or Izzy bothering to humor Jann Wenner.

Peter- They were mega stars before the Illusions. Appetite has outsold the Illusions almost 3 times over. Matt himself knows that he was just an employee. It's not an insult, it's a fact.

Yes, I know they were huge, but the UYI era just took it to another level and solidified their spot as biggest band in the world. I don't think they could be classed as the biggest band in the world during the Appetite period. Were they huge, yes. Biggest? not yet. They reached this mark in the UYI period, where success was so great that members said the excess peaked in this period and spiraled out of control.

Well, Matt knows that in Axl's opinion for years, he's been seen as an employee. It's well documented that Axl likes to degrade Matt now. When he stepped in and saved the band from having to cancel Rio and possibly fold completely, I didn't hear him knocking him then. Of course, only until Matt stepped in to get Slash back.

If Matt and Dizzy aren't eligible, the new band sure as hell aren't.

Well, you don't know for a fact he has gotten paid for every album he has appeared on. If he has, wow, what an arse wanting to get paid for doing work. Why don't you be better than that horrible man and stop accepting your salary at work? When's the last time Axl did a free gig or guest appearance? One time I can think of, on Baz' album.... Oh wait, Axl doesn't do stuff like that.... er, or anything really. It's his grand vision!! LOL :crazy:

If you think Chinese Democracy was/is relevant you are delusional. I actually think it is a good album, but you cannot objectively say it was/is relevant in the industry. It is a joke. How much airplay does it get? None. CD has had no impact. Will GNR be remember for the great hits off CD. Of course not. CD only lowered GNR's cred because of the time it took to come out. It's a throw away, because it wasn't promoted properly, or released soon enough.

So Axl's vision and staying true to himself is by doing practically nothing for 20 years is a good thing? 1 album (and nothing else but a few mediocre cash grab tours) is awesome? That's what you call a farce. Not some grand "vision".

Richard - has been in a decade or so. Has done nothing but cash grab tours and a few parts on CD.

BBF - has been in 6 years and also has done nothing but cash grab tours and a few parts on CD.

Frank - has been in 6 years and also has done nothing but cash grab tours and 1 song on CD.

None of these people have done anything significant to warrant induction. Are you really going to tell me Tommy is that amazing he should be inducted on the basis of 14 years of cash grab touring and playing on 1 album which is completely irrelevant, except of course to the die hards on the forums.

CD is relevant for somewhere between 3-5 million people depending on what you want to believe, that is hardly irrelevant.

I do agree with your assessment of the Hall of Fame, but I don't think Matt or Dizzy should have been inducted either. It should have been no employees allowed.

Damn Smooth, I like the album. It is a great album. In the industry, and in the grand scheme of things, the album has no significance. Only a platform for ppl to poke fun at what GNR and Axl have become.

I think Matt and Dizzy had involvement on crucial albums and tours. They were involved in the era when GNR were literally the biggest band on the earth. Although I'm not crazy about Dizzy get in,I can see why they inducted him. I think Matt should be a certainty. My opinion.

I'll agree to disagree on Matt and Dizzy. The true classic lineup is what made that band the biggest band on earth. Appetite is much more relevant to the history of music than the Illusions are.

About CD, what is critically acclaimed and popular in the US today is a joke to me.

I see what your saying re: the original lineup. I think with Appetite that made them a huge band, but the UYI tour made them mega stars, and solidified them as the biggest band in the world. Matt and Dizzy were apart of not only the tours, but the albums. This is why I understand them getting in.

I think calling Matt an employee is pretty harsh. Axl loved Matt until he went into bat for Slash and asked Axl to rehire him. Matt's contributions to GNR have been massive, Axl knew it then (claiming Matt was the reason they didn't break up) and I'm sure when he's not being a bitter and twisted soul, he knows it inside.

The RRHOF was a travesty,with neither Axl or Izzy bothering to humor Jann Wenner.

It's good to see you just keep making jabs and don't choose to debate anything I'm saying. Although, I understand. You can't refute reality.

Peter- They were mega stars before the Illusions. Appetite has outsold the Illusions almost 3 times over. Matt himself knows that he was just an employee. It's not an insult, it's a fact.

Yes, I know they were huge, but the UYI era just took it to another level and solidified their spot as biggest band in the world. I don't think they could be classed as the biggest band in the world during the Appetite period. Were they huge, yes. Biggest? not yet. They reached this mark in the UYI period, where success was so great that members said the excess peaked in this period and spiraled out of control.

Well, Matt knows that in Axl's opinion for years, he's been seen as an employee. It's well documented that Axl likes to degrade Matt now. When he stepped in and saved the band from having to cancel Rio and possibly fold completely, I didn't hear him knocking him then. Of course, only until Matt stepped in to get Slash back.

If Matt and Dizzy aren't eligible, the new band sure as hell aren't.

It's good to see you just keep making jabs and don't choose to debate anything I'm saying. Although, I understand. You can't refute reality.

When you start typing anything remotely close to reality,I'll address it.

I dont waste my valuable time or intellect arguing with obviously deluded/deranged/bitter malicious malcontents. :laugh:

RRHOF counts what people did on the albums, but the problem is when some bands have had lineup changes over the years, they get excluded. And to me, Trujillo getting an award pretty much sums up what's FUBAR about the induction. Why would he get one, and the members on ChiDem not? Trujillo was only on "Death Magnetic", which was out weeks before the induction announcement. And Klinghofer got one with the Chili Peppers. And I don't think the Chili Peppers' latest sold any more or less than ChiDem did.

To me, Klinghofer and Trujillo should have gotten one of those "participation" certificates if they weren't going to get a trophy.

Axl's easy out of the ceremony was ChiDem not being acknowledged.

I wouldn't call what GNR are doing a "cash grab" tour or nostalgia tour. I'm trying to think of a good example of a cash grab tour... it's the ones like Streisand, Eagles, or Simon and Garfunkel that overcharge the audience to see a past their prime artist, and going to include Madonna in with them. I don't think seeing Madonna in a ballpark for 200 dollars or 300 dollars makes any sense, esp. if she's lip syncing most of the show.

I don't get opera singers doing arena tours, either, but I think that's more about getting out to people who will never step foot inside the Met or any opera house, and watch a lot of PBS.

offered sweet child o'mine to wrestler movie, payed steven adler's bills a couple of years ago, helped nu gnr members with money problems, sued dr. pepper with his own money so that people could get what dr.pepper advirtised, appeared in gilby's album . . .

sued dr. pepper with his own money so that people could get what dr.pepper advirtised

I think this lawsuit had more to do with Axl being ridiculed by Dr. Pepper than actually caring about the free sodas.

the way i see it, axl and every other us citizen were ridiculed by dr.pepper

sued dr. pepper with his own money so that people could get what dr.pepper advirtised

I think this lawsuit had more to do with Axl being ridiculed by Dr. Pepper than actually caring about the free sodas.

This guy actually thinks Axl sued Dr. Pepper so everyone could get their soda and not because of the defamation?? ROFLLLLLLLLLL

/Ignored rest of his post.

This guy actually thinks Axl sued Dr. Pepper so everyone could get their soda and not because of the defamation?? ROFLLLLLLLLLL

dude of course it wasn't only so people can get free soda lol... but i think axl really wants them to keep with what they said

dude of course it wasn't only so people can get free soda lol... but i think axl really wants them to keep with what they said

It would be extremely funny if Axl in this case wanted Dr Pepper to keep up with what they said. He is the last person on the earth who would be righteously in position to criticise others for not keepin up with their word. Especially when it came to statements related to the release of new material.

Edited by izzydoezit

He is the last person on the earth who would be righteously in position to criticise others for not keepin up with their word. Especially when it came to statements related to the release of new material.

Would you mind telling us what these supposed promises were that Axl broke? I don't remember him ever giving his word about anything. I do remember him revealing tentative plans from time to time, but I don't remember any promises. Perhaps you can refresh my memory?

If there is one thing people have taught me here is that arguing with you is useless.

MSL, can you find Axl quotes where he tells the fans to not expect new music from the band so we don't get our hopes up whenever one his employees talks about a new album? I'd love to see that.

Edited by maynard

since when missing one or several release dates is broking promises ? lol shit happens

the dr.pepper shit was different

The Dr.Pepper bullshit was tied up with Kaneda,it was a travesty that should have been corrected,and if Kaneda is around it would be nice for him to explain it.

since when missing one or several release dates is broking promises ? lol shit happens

the dr.pepper shit was different

The Dr.Pepper bullshit was tied up with Kaneda,it was a travesty that should have been corrected,and if Kaneda is around it would be nice for him to explain it.

The TENTATIVE release date mentioned was just that.

(this has been a good example of retarded editing)

Edited by sailaway

He is the last person on the earth who would be righteously in position to criticise others for not keepin up with their word. Especially when it came to statements related to the release of new material.

Would you mind telling us what these supposed promises were that Axl broke? I don't remember him ever giving his word about anything. I do remember him revealing tentative plans from time to time, but I don't remember any promises. Perhaps you can refresh my memory?

"We'll be back next summer with a bunch of new songs."

situations change,issues arise and Life isnt fair.Roll with thw waves or get outta the water. :jerkoff:

WINNER rustycage