Marc,did you feel betrayed as well?

If someone relapses, it is because they choose to do so. There are other ways to fill your time besides doing drugs, so boredom - irrespective of the underlying reasons - is not the reason for drug use and abuse :shrugs:

Ali

Sure Ali but Slash has stated making and playing music is his way of keeping active and not risking a relapse...he knows himself and if he is not active in music he has stated it puts him at risk to relapse so working with Axl, where there would be long periods of inactivity, most likley would not be a good environment for Slash. That is not Axl's fault just a reality............

In any case I am not blaming Slash's addictions on Axl, and from his interviews neither does Slash, so I guess I don't understand why you are being so defensive...........Axl and Slash seem to have found what makes them happy and it is different for each of them so what's the problem?

I am trying to avoid getting involved in any more Axl V.s Slash pissing matches and this really is not the place for debates as it is to ask Marc questions so I don't want to clutter the threads...

IMHO this is the best subforum here and I am really enjoying Marc's honesty and taking the time to chat with us.......

It sounded to me like Sleeper was insinuating that if Slash and Axl worked together again, Slash could relapse. I think that is flawed reasoning as it doesn't point out the underlying factor and deflects blame. Not defensive, just pointing out that flawed logic or misleading statement.

And to the poster below me: please. Removing conscious thought and decision-making from the equation is absurd and also conveniently absolves responsibility :thumbsup:

Anyway, back to Marc :thumbsup:

Ali

If someone relapses, it is because they choose to do so. There are other ways to fill your time besides doing drugs, so boredom - irrespective of the underlying reasons - is not the reason for drug use and abuse :shrugs:

Ali

They're all pretty busy right now, so they are filling their time. Slash and Duff have kids, and I think that's their big deterrent. They want to be around to watch their kids graduate & have their own families.

Relapsing is really dangerous, there's a lot of things that can happen in your life that can propel you towards falling off the wagon. Most people can say "I have it under control", but quickly spiral out of control. We all have influences throughout our lives, good and bad.

Edited by dalsh327

Ali

Sure Ali but Slash has stated making and playing music is his way of keeping active and not risking a relapse...he knows himself and if he is not active in music he has stated it puts him at risk to relapse so working with Axl, where there would be long periods of inactivity, most likley would not be a good environment for Slash. That is not Axl's fault just a reality............

In any case I am not blaming Slash's addictions on Axl, and from his interviews neither does Slash, so I guess I don't understand why you are being so defensive...........Axl and Slash seem to have found what makes them happy and it is different for each of them so what's the problem?

I am trying to avoid getting involved in any more Axl V.s Slash pissing matches and this really is not the place for debates as it is to ask Marc questions so I don't want to clutter the threads...

IMHO this is the best subforum here and I am really enjoying Marc's honesty and taking the time to chat with us.......

It sounded to me like Sleeper was insinuating that if Slash and Axl worked together again, Slash could relapse. I think that is flawed reasoning as it doesn't point out the underlying factor and deflects blame. Not defensive, just pointing out that flawed logic or misleading statement.

And to the poster below me: please. Removing conscious thought and decision-making from the equation is absurd and also conveniently absolves responsibility :thumbsup:

Anyway, back to Marc :thumbsup:

Ali

The point I was trying to make is that Slash stays very busy. The enviorment that Axl needs to be in is slow moving. That kind of situation would not be good for Slash. And he perfers to work in a stress free enviorment also. I'm not insinuating anything about Axl I'm just stating what is known about Slash.

Marc,

Does Axl surrond himself with yes men in general? Does he have anyone in his ear telling him he needs to take some responsibility for the split? Reading his forum rants it appears he think he is 100% in the right, even though it seems like he only communicated with the band through a third party and rarely showed of for rehearsal/studio time in the mid 90's.

Its not a matter of Yes Men, its a matter of the people around him don't want to see him upset so they do things that they think will help keep Axl happy. They are not always right. One example. In 2006 at the Vegas gig Adler showed up in the crowd, Del found out and had him removed from the venue. Then Axl found out what happened and asked for him to be let back in. Del thought Axl would flip out and that could lead to problems. Del's job is to make sure that there are no problems. His sister used to hide a review form him if there was even one thing said in it that might get Axl upset. I don't blame them because no one wants to see Axl upset. So they try to keep Axl from what they think is trouble. I guess in some kind of way they start to turn into yes people. I my self have always been frank with Axl. Beta used to call me before they would come by or if Axl was going to be calling me to talk about something and she would say don't talk about Slash. So they walk on egg shells with out even realizing it. When Axl or Slash ever asked me how was the gig? They knew they would always get a straight answer. This was to loud or something was out of tune or I couldn't here the vocals in that song or your guitar lead sounded good for that some and bad for another. Duff also knows that I will tell him whats what. I don't work for them and they are asking me as a friend and they know that I know how it should be.

Edited by recklessroad

sorry but posters like ali will ruin this section.

Can Marc ban him from this subforum, but not the entire board?

That would be optimal.

I'm waiting for Marc to say something Ali finds insulting to Axl cos it'd be great watching Ali trying to tell somebody from the inner circle that's he's wrong. :lol:

Marc,

Does Axl surrond himself with yes men in general? Does he have anyone in his ear telling him he needs to take some responsibility for the split? Reading his forum rants it appears he think he is 100% in the right, even though it seems like he only communicated with the band through a third party and rarely showed of for rehearsal/studio time in the mid 90's.

Its not a matter of Yes Men, its a matter of the people around him don't want to see him upset so they do things that they think will help keep Axl happy. They are not always right. One example. In 2006 at the Vegas gig Adler showed up in the crowd, Del found out and had him removed from the venue. Then Axl found out what happened and asked for him to be let back in. Del thought Axl would flip out and that could lead to problems. Del's job is to make sure that there are no problems. His sister used to hide a review form him if there was even one thing said in it that might get Axl upset. I don't blame them because no one wants to see Axl upset. So they try to keep Axl from what they think is trouble. I guess in some kind of way they start to turn into yes people. I my self have always been frank with Axl. Beta used to call me before they would come by or if Axl was going to be calling me to talk about something and she would say don't talk about Slash. So they walk on egg shells with out even realizing it. When Axl or Slash ever asked me how was the gig? They knew they would always get a straight answer. This was to loud or something was out of tune or I couldn't here the vocals in that song or your guitar lead sounded good for that some and bad for another. Duff also knows that I will tell him whats what. I don't work for them and they are asking me as a friend and they know that I know how it should be.

wow, axl seems to have a fragile ego that doesn't seem to handle any criticism well

Marc what's stopping you from calling Axl to try and settle your differences?

Also what made you not attend GNR's last show in at The Forum?

Axl knows where to find me if he wants to. He is still hurt and doesn't see that I mean him no harm. I have seen him cut out people before and would have never thought that I would be one of them.

I was not invited to the gig but I still called Beta for tickets the night before and didn't hear back. My wife bought a ticket and went by her self. There was no way that I was going to buy a ticket to see GNR. I did see them 5 times in 2006. GNR has been nothing but a money pit for me from the start. I was offered a ticket for the Wiltern from a friend but the fact that I was not invited by the band was enough for me not to go. I'm not going to go where I'm not wanted. This was the first time since 1984 that Axl had a gig in Los Angeles that I knew about and I was not there to support him I have seen the band about 75 times so in the end is doesn't matter.

Edited by recklessroad

Axl knows where to find me if he wants to. He is still hurt and doesn't see that I mean him no harm. I have seen him cut out people before and would have never thought that I would be one of them.

I was not invited to the gig but I still called Beta for tickets the night before and didn't hear back. My wife bought a ticket and went by her self. There was no way that I was going to buy a ticket to see GNR. I did see them 5 times in 2006. GNR has been nothing but a money pit for me from the start. I was offered a ticket for the Wiltern from a friend but the fact that I was not invited by the band was enough for me not to go. I'm not going to go where I'm not wanted. This was the first time since 1984 that Axl had a gig in Los Angeles and I was not there to support him I have seen the band about 75 times so in the end is doesn't matter.

:( Is he that cold?

I was not invited to the gig but I still called Beta for tickets the night before and didn't hear back. My wife bought a ticket and went by her self. There was no way that I was going to buy a ticket to see GNR. I did see them 5 times in 2006. GNR has been nothing but a money pit for me from the start. I was offered a ticket for the Wiltern from a friend but the fact that I was not invited by the band was enough for me not to go. I'm not going to go where I'm not wanted. This was the first time since 1984 that Axl had a gig in Los Angeles and I was not there to support him I have seen the band about 75 times so in the end is doesn't matter.

I don't even know if Beta told him that I asked for tickets. The people around him make many decisions without Axl ever knowing about them. They don't know if something might upset him or not so they don't even take a chance and just do what they think is right.

I don't even know if Beta told him that I asked for tickets. The people around him make many decisions without Axl ever knowing about them. They don't know if something might upset him or not so they don't even take a chance and just do what they think is right.

Maybe you should find out he may have never got the message

As much as it sucks can't blame them really with his temper as it sounds like they have a pretty sweet gig working for Axl.........

As much as it sucks can't blame them really with his temper as it sounds like they have a pretty sweet gig working for Axl.........

But if you handle someone with kid gloves for so long, eventually that false-world you've created is going to crash around them.

Axl's going to be old someday, his "family" is going to be gone, and all he'll have left is his money and self-pity.

Not a healthy way to live - for him, or his handlers.

But if you handle someone with kid gloves for so long, eventually that false-world you've created is going to crash around them.

Axl's going to be old someday, his "family" is going to be gone, and all he'll have left is his money and self-pity.

Not a healthy way to live - for him, or his handlers.

No doubt mate...that is the whole endless arguement of the yes men mentality and how it impacts Axl ego....and how Marc commented that Axl could always rely on him to tell it straight with no sugar coating........but one thing I dsagree with you on...as long as Axl has money he will also have his "family" in some form or other.....