Marc, is this the story of two assholes?

It's true more people know who Slash is. He has been in a bunch of cartoons and has always played on other peoples records and jams on stage with everyone and does tons of press. Also he has that look with the top hat that is famous. However When you think of GNR Axl will come to mind first. He is the front man

Actually,I think of both Axl and Slash

As a fan of the band you will think of both but I'm talking about someone that knows very little about the band. Also You would be surprised by what people think who is still in the band. My wife went with some people to the GNR show in a small venue a few months ago and after the show this girl said to my wife "Slash was so great tonight" There are many people out there that go to the show because they like the songs that they hear on the radio and they don't even know who is in the band. As far as she was concerned DJ with the hat on was Slash.

And I often wondered if DJ's look is somehow encouraged?Or is it his style all on his own?

It's true more people know who Slash is. He has been in a bunch of cartoons and has always played on other peoples records and jams on stage with everyone and does tons of press. Also he has that look with the top hat that is famous. However When you think of GNR Axl will come to mind first. He is the front man

Actually,I think of both Axl and Slash

I always do too.

Welp;

Izzy's main reason for leaving: Axl's antics.

Slash's main reason for leaving: Axl's antics.

Duff's main reason for leaving: Axl's antics.

And the two drummers were fired; one completely by Axl.

See a common thread of consistency here?

While I'm not claiming the others were innocent angels and that they didn't play a part in the breakup, Axl clearly played the single biggest reason why the band fell apart.

Edited by Bobbo