Time for the law to cover online bullying?

I believe it is time for the law to heavily regulate online bullying. Realistically what can the authorities do? Too many suicides and whatnot. Thoughts?

Have you ever been bullied online? How did you cope?

Does this forum regulate online cyber bullying for example? Start small but aim high is my motto.

Edited by AxlforeverSlashwhatever

Oh please.

Grow a pair.

Being online is a choice. Every individual user chooses what sites they want to go to and what level of anonymity they want. Unlike being bullied in real life, you can escape online "bullies" with the click of a button.

Some asshole from school leaves you a mean message on facebook? Then don't use facebook, genius! Or at least set it to private!

Or if you record videos of yourself acting like a fucking spaz on youtube, and people relentlessly give you shit for it, isn't that pretty what you wanted in the first place?

Guest Len B'stard

You shouldn't be online if you can't take people giving you shit. Seriously? If you kill yourself because of what some dude on the web says, good fucking riddance, mankind doesn't need you.

Wouldn't've put it quite as strongly as that but the lad has a point i mean, to me it just seems a bit creepy, like a move towards like...limiting people ability to say what they fuckin' feel like. I mean, how exactly does one define what comes under bullying? And isn't bullying more defined by the victims response than the bullys behaviour? I mean, the difference between bullying and banter and mutual piss-taking is that one party takes offence, surely thats the root of the problem more than somebody with the inclination to take the piss out of people?

Have you ever been bullied online? How did you cope?

It's called the power button. Use it and stop getting on my tits! :P

My best friend killed himself because some guy from school called him fat on facebook. It got over 300 likes and sent him over the edge.

Well he didn't really did he? I mean there was clearly a lot more to it than that.

My best friend killed himself because some guy from school called him fat on facebook. It got over 300 likes and sent him over the edge.

Well, if that's true, which I have no way to verify, (but my instincts tell me it's not) then he was really a weak dude and he obviously had much more serious problems than just people calling him fat on a website.

What a generation of fucking PUSSIES.

Guest Len B'stard

Well, if that's true, which I have no way to verify, (but my instincts tell me it's not) then he was really a weak dude and he obviously had much more serious problems than just people calling him fat on a website.

What a generation of fucking PUSSIES.

Alright Ronnie Kray, settle down :lol:

The only way to get back at a cyber bully is getting them out of hiding.

No, the only way is to not be on the fucking internet anymore. People posting pictures of themselves and posting all their information and not realllizing that EVERYONE can see it. The new generation of parents is so ignorant and lazy that they refuse to discipline their kids or tell then no or keep track of what they're doing online. Fucking ridiculous. Bullying is just a new buzz word like obesity and green.

Guest Broskirose

i was bullied by axl_morris a long time ago. it really damaged me. since then i've had obsessive thoughts about him. i feel like he's the only one who cares for me. i know it's wrong but i can't help it. he has broken me mentally.