The James Bond Thread: RIP Robbie Coltrane

James Bond

It would have been awkward because you just can't see his Bond falling for a woman. Dalton you could because he played Fleming's Bond. Connery played cinematic Bond and his Bond never cries, loves or considered leaving the secret service. He gets the job done. The closest you get to his Bond loving someone was Aki but he completely forgot about her when he looked upon Kissy for the first time.

I was thinking the same thing. Longest thread with the lowest user count. :lol:

I think in order for it OHMSS and a love story in general to work with Connery they would have had to use a film before OHMSS to start developing this side of his character. Have something happen that leads to his more emotional side perhaps. Part of Connery's dissatisfaction with the role was that he was more or less only required to play it the same every time with no real exploration. He took his acting really seriously in that regard.

You know what? I really do not like what these films have become.

James Bond used to be about the classy, sophisticated times of the sixties. The longer the series dragged on the more I started longing for days past. It wasn't the same after we lost Connery. He made those early films what they were. A true product of a time that was much simpler. It was a time when we were allowed to escape into a film and enjoy the entertainment. Come to think of it, everything was better then. Now there's nothing left.

That has all been lost with the new direction of the films. What's with the dark approach? And the guy playing Bond now looks like a Red Grant clone. The new Bond should not look like an old villain.

I'm done with the series. Bond 50 is up on eBay.